Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
For those using TWRP Recovery, I've updated the installer (v1.5a) to make it compatible with TWRP.

It still works totally fine with CWM as well, so you can use your preferred recovery :D

If you already are on v1.5, no need to reflash, there's nothing new in the kernel / Aroma Menu.

JP.

You did it faster than I came back from gym! Great work mate ;)

Still having an amazing time on DLJ2 so great :D

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
For those using TWRP Recovery, I've updated the installer (v1.5a) to make it compatible with TWRP.

It still works totally fine with CWM as well, so you can use your preferred recovery :D

If you already are on v1.5, no need to reflash, there's nothing new in the kernel / Aroma Menu.

JP.

I flash it and even the installation went OK when I go in About phone it shows the Kernel I used before flashing this one. Since I used Franco's kernel it still says that I am on that Kernel. :(

Is this only happen to me? :(

Reactions: themismar73

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
I flash it and even the installation went OK when I go in About phone it shows the Kernel I used before flashing this one. Since I used Franco's kernel it still says that I am on that Kernel. :(

Is this only happen to me? :(

Can you flash it again and save the logs (button in aroma after flashing) and post the logfile for me to have a look ?

JP.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Edit : --------------------------------------------------

I just flashed a different kernel, checked, reflashed 1.5a again, worked fine...

You did chose to install all, not just config ?

JP.

Last edited:
Reactions: themismar73

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Can you flash it again and save the logs (button in aroma after flashing) and post the logfile for me to have a look ?

JP.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Sorry, sorry, sorry...:(
It was my mistake. And I saw that when tried to flash it again. At the end of installation I selected Flash script and not flash kernel and that was my mistake. Now I choose the right one and it's all OK. :)

Sorry for this...:( I will test it a few hours and give you my feedback. :)

Reactions: Yank555

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Sorry, sorry, sorry...:(
It was my mistake. And I saw that when tried to flash it again. At the end of installation I selected Flash script and not flash kernel and that was my mistake. Now I choose the right one and it's all OK. :)

Sorry for this...:( I will test it a few hours and give you my feedback. :)

Lol Ninolina just a guess but I think you don't have to sorry for anything! :D We are all learning in here :) Maybe from this Yank could add a "(default)" on that option? or kinda to avoid mistakes¿

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Lol Ninolina just a guess but I think you don't have to sorry for anything! :D We are all learning in here :) Maybe from this Yank could add a "(default)" on that option? or kinda to avoid mistakes¿

Yep, might try to change the labels to make it clearer in the next version ;)

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: F3nr1s

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd

Well, you may be right, but I just hate if I report something is wrong and than see it was my mistake and I false alarm it. :( It usually don't happen to me. :)

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Btw yank, before sleep time, what you think about the readahead buffers some lower by default? I had some handups when multitasking hard and using 3Mb, on 512Kb still no related issue for now :) Even the "benefits" are hard to detect (even they are there I swear!) the "hickups" are easily detected :)

You could try yourself by switching to maybe even higher lvl's if you hadn't done it already. What you think on putting them a little bit down for the common user who has no clue on how this works?

PS: Multitasking meaning using internet or whatsapp while downloading some huge item like a film, where you have the SD card burning :D

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Btw yank, before sleep time, what you think about the readahead buffers some lower by default? I had some handups when multitasking hard and using 3Mb, on 512Kb still no related issue for now :) Even the "benefits" are hard to detect (even they are there I swear!) the "hickups" are easily detected :)

You could try yourself by switching to maybe even higher lvl's if you hadn't done it already. What you think on putting them a little bit down for the common user who has no clue on how this works?

PS: Multitasking meaning using internet or whatsapp while downloading some huge item like a film, where you have the SD card burning :D

Can do. I used to have them at 2Mb, upped them to 3Mb on the Sammy. Might be a bit too much ... if you do sequential reads it should help, but if it's random access it sure will generate unnecessary overhead.

What value works best for you ? 512 ? Have you tested 1024 ?

JP.

Sent from my custom ARHD 11.0.0 / Yank555.lu JB kernel v1.5a Aroma (Linux 3.0.38) powered Samsung Galaxy S3 using xda premium

MuertoKo

Mar 22, 2012
Badalona
Can do. I used to have them at 2Mb, upped them to 3Mb on the Sammy. Might be a bit too much ... if you do sequential reads it should help, but if it's random access it sure will generate unnecessary overhead.

What value works best for you ? 512 ? Have you tested 1024 ?

JP.

Nt yet, initially I tested 256 and all went good, now up to 512 for some days, may go up to 1Mb if u wish :)

Any ideas on how to test the "good" situation to use it (for benefits) and the "bad" (for the "hickups")? You know way better than me how this works P And even if it's nearly unnoticeable all learnt is welcome :D

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Nt yet, initially I tested 256 and all went good, now up to 512 for some days, may go up to 1Mb if u wish :)

Any ideas on how to test the "good" situation to use it (for benefits) and the "bad" (for the "hickups")? You know way better than me how this works P And even if it's nearly unnoticeable all learnt is welcome :D

Well using a big readahead buffer on random reads (reading randomly accross inside of a file) should be bad, as you will have the system read let's say 4Mb ahead of what you asked for...

On the other hand reading a full file, e.g. copying it or watching a video ... should be better with a big buffer.

So the trick is to find the right balance...

JP.

Reactions: MuertoKo

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Looking great man!
I'm reaaaaaally tempted to try this but i'll miss two features from perseus...:(
Gpu oc/uv and the "voodoo" port...
both should be kinda easy to import to this kernel i think...:p
It's not a request,don't get me wrong.It's more like a suggestion. :)
Anyway.Thank you very much for contributing here on xda and specifically on the S3 forums!
It always feels good to see a great "new" kernel/rom making it's way here! ;)
I wish you the best mate...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread closed.
    Here you go :

On a sidenote, the new governor settings can be changed at will using either the sysfs interface as decribed below, or SetCPU.

Even if Aroma looks still the same, it's been completely revisited behind the scenes to clean up what had accumulated over all the version changes.

Changelog v3.2

• added YankasusQ governor (battery friendlier when screen on)
      Based on PegasusQ. Introducing cpu frequency limitations based on the number of cores online.

sysfs additions :

- cpu_max_freq_1 : max. freq. applied when running on 1 core (defaults to 1.0GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_2 : max. freq. applied when running on 2 cores (defaults to 1.1GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_3 : max. freq. applied when running on 3 cores (defaults to 1.2GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_4 : max. freq. applied when running on 4 cores (defaults to 1.4GHz)
      - cpu_max_freq_current : currently applied max. frequency (read-only)

NB: hotplug frequencies and rq thresholds have been revised up to keep the device running on as little cores as possible.
    • added options in Aroma for YankasusQ configs (8 configs, 2x @1.3GHz, 2x @1.4GHz, 2x @1.5GHz and 2x @1.6GHz)
    • added presets in Aroma for YankasusQ configs (Stock Powersave & Balanced, OC Powersave & Balanced)
    • removed ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance governors (not optimised for quadcore anyway)
    • Aroma preset "Customize" is now called "Full Stock" and defaults to replicate a full stock kernel
    • added support for nfs (as kernel modules)
    • added option in Aroma to load nfs kernel modules at startup
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.64

• Download link (MD5 6b89f98f6c1f876f463844257533020b)
    Changelog v3.3

• Samsung JB Update 8 sources (Linux 3.0.31)
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.67 (proper update, including 3.0.39 memory management changes)
    • using XXELLA ramdisk
    • swap support
    • zram support (Android optimized)
    • /proc/config.gz support
    • optimized for size
    • ntfs (rw) support (as a kernel module)
    • ISO 9660 support incl. Joliet filesystem (as a kernel module)
    • UDF filesystem support (as a kernel module)
    • cifs support (as kernel modules)
    • nfs support (as kernel modules)
    • Forced Fast Charge v1.2b
    • CPU OC up to 1.6GHz
    • Triangle away support
    • dynamic fsync support (faux123)
    • TCP westwood congest ctrl (faux123)
    • Proportional Rate Reduction TCP (faux123)
    • ARM AES/SHA1 (faux123)
    • JIT compiler for packet filters(faux123)
    • fix ipv6 protocol lookup (faux123)
    • ipv4 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
    • ipv6 check ret.val. dst_alloc (faux123)
    • updated LZO compression (faux123)
    • do_fsync() to fget_light() (faux123)
    • disabled mali state tracking (AndreiLux)
    • reduce mali utilization sampling timeout (AndreiLux)
    • black crush fix (AndreiLux/AndiP71)
    • added SIO scheduler
    • added ROW v4 scheduler
    • fading LED notification with normal or high LED intesity
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Add config option to support oom_adj values (Arve Hjonnevag, via faux123)
    • sysfs interface to delay fsearlysuspend (Yank555.lu, base idea Codeworkx)
    • added lulzactiveq CPU governor
    • added yankasusq CPU governor
    • removed ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance governors (not optimised for quadcore anyway)
    • Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.0 (AndiP71) - Huge thanks for offering me to include his hard work and great sound engine

• Download link (MD5 4fb82e347c7c74c1de0bacf1983b60ed)
    To sum up what has changed and what you need to really know :

1) Boeffla Sound in-call mic issue is fixed

2) In order to use your S3 to place a phone call, mic mode must be set to "Default" manually !

3) LMK changes included, so please do consider to reexperiment to find your best settings starting with Stock Settings

Changelog v3.1g

• updated to Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.4.9
      • Completely neutralized mic_mode to avoid any interference to related registers when not used (fix for call issues with certain firmwares) by not doing any actions until mic_mode is enabled + using cached registers when restoring default mode back
      • mic_mode is now exclusive and not "intelligent" anymore. If you want to make calls, switch mic_mode back to default first
      • Safety-net introduced to avoid writing empty mic register cache values back to the registers in any case (thx to Yank555 for this idea)
      • fix reported issue about boeffla sound starting up in enabled mode is causing a boot loop
    • removed mic setting from Aroma completely, no need to change set it during boot
    • updated to kernel.org Linux 3.0.61
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Add config option to support oom_adj values (Arve Hjonnevag)
    • staging: android: lowmemorykiller: Don't count reserved free memory (Arve Hjonnevag)
    • changed Aroma theme as I regularly got half blinded flashing the kernel in dark environments
    • added a new log file "/data/kernel-boot.log" which will records the kernel initialisation process (including all settings applied) in clear text
    • added a "wait for Android to start" before starting to set the kernel configuration (AndiP71)

• Download link (MD5 5cdd1c4fc91602bae31afd583f4571d7)
    As said, nothing really interesting in this update, but nonetheless, here it is :

Changelog v2.3

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone