Threaded Group Text Messaging

Search This thread

bwhitfield24

Nov 9, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Everyone, if you haven't already, please go vote for this on the google code page...
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24468

I have posted an issue on Google's code website requesting a group messaging feature on Android. To sum it up, I am requesting that Google add a Group MMS and "Reply to All" feature in AOSP so that all group messages will stay in the same thread. In order for this feature to be added to Android, the issue needs to be "Star"ed until it gains enough attention from the official Android OS team. If you want to see this feature baked into Android, please follow these steps
Step 1) Go to code.google.com/p/android/issues and search for Issue 24468 (cannot post link on XDA yet)
2) Sign in to your Google account (top right corner) if not already signed in.
3) Click on the small star next to Issue 24468, and it basically acts as an upvote. Feel free to add any comments or suggestions as well.
If you do not want to receive email updates when people comment on this issue, you can click on Profile (top right corner), click on the settings tab, scroll down to the section labeled "Issue Tracker", and deselect "If I starred the issue" and then scroll to the bottom and click Save Preferences button.
With your help, this feature which is already native in iOS and BB, can finally make it to all Android devices!

Here is more info on it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1890612

Last edited:

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
This would be awesome! The Android team really needs to incorporate it in the Jellybean update or atleast Keylime 4.2. For now, I'm using Go SMS just for that feature also handcent has it too.

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke

[Lady]: "How do you carry that huge phone in your pocket?"
[Note User]: "I'm used to having huge stuff in my pants" ;)

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
peha6yqy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2