• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Throwing in the towel. Who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

svengalis

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia, SC
"Egocentric", I love posts like these, no one cares if you stay or you go, you contribute nothing as far as development to the device, no one will morn you or the other people like you. Leave and don't fill up the device thread with crap like this. To anyone else thinking of posting an, 'I'm leaving, follow me or stay with an unrooted phone forever', do us all a favor and choke on your phone... This phone performs fantastically as is, we are also able to do non root related adjustments to help with battery and so on. Buy a tablet and flash that to scratch the itch. /rant

this is xda right?

Reactions: dragunbayne

Android300ZX

Dec 18, 2009
Hackensack, NJ
Usually stolen unless someone reported it stolen, got a replacement, found it afterwards but never reported that they found it.

Also, I'm not sure why people are bashing the OP for making this post. Just makes you look like an idiot online which is probably worse than looking like one and person. I like how that one guy chimed in but still continues to post in here. Oh really?

Anyway OP good on you for making the switch. This whole not having root thing is pretty annoying and I'm currently looking to trade this phone for a N6 or T-Mobile variant.

Take a look at this:

http://reboot.fcc.gov/reform/systems/spectrum-dashboard

Good tool to check bands in your area. Also, check out SignalCheckPro in the app store. They have a Lite version as well that may give you the information you need. Good luck!

Reactions: gharris040604

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Anyone looking to get a Nexus 6...good luck. I got one, sold my Note 4 (stupid decision) and bought another Note 4 within a week. The Note 4 is flat out a better phone than the Nexus 6. Period, end of story imo.

The only advantages the Nexus 6 had over the Note 4 was rootability, the stock experience (if you even like that) and the front facing speakers. Every single other aspect the Note 4 wins in a landslide.

The battery life on the Nexus 6 completely blew and the screen was a joke next to the Note 4. I've had many phones in my time and it's clear to me that the Note 4 is a better device... Even without root.

My Nexus 6 is currently on Craigslist and I can't wait to get rid of it. They are currently selling for more than I picked up a Note 4 for. Which currently makes it a terrible value compared to the Note 4.

This is all my opinion only of course.

imnoob55

Jan 30, 2014
I never got the need to create these sort of threads. Why not post them on whatever phone forum you are moving to rather than post it here? No one likes kill-joy blog posts.

Reactions: spexwood

Android300ZX

Dec 18, 2009
Hackensack, NJ
Anyone looking to get a Nexus 6...good luck. I got one, sold my Note 4 (stupid decision) and bought another Note 4 within a week. The Note 4 is flat out a better phone than the Nexus 6. Period, end of story imo.

The only advantages the Nexus 6 had over the Note 4 was rootability, the stock experience (if you even like that) and the front facing speakers. Every single other aspect the Note 4 wins in a landslide.

The battery life on the Nexus 6 completely blew and the screen was a joke next to the Note 4. I've had many phones in my time and it's clear to me that the Note 4 is a better device... Even without root.

My Nexus 6 is currently on Craigslist and I can't wait to get rid of it. They are currently selling for more than I picked up a Note 4 for. Which currently makes it a terrible value compared to the Note 4.

This is all my opinion only of course.

Trade with me.

sireniankyle

Sep 21, 2012
Got my new phone today. Having trouble with LTE, but the bands are there so i will keep trying. Side note; this octacore cpu is amazing!

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jreed3786

W4RKRY

Sep 22, 2014
I was considering the switch to a C. But 2 questions. First, where did you find a C for only 600? And secondly, I am past my 14 day return. What are my options to get money for my att note 4?

verks

Jan 21, 2006
Cleveland, Oh
Got my new phone today. Having trouble with LTE, but the bands are there so i will keep trying. Side note; this octacore cpu is amazing!

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

I'm curious if it works. The exynos models never had the correct bands in previous models. I bought the t-mobile variant on Swappa and it works great.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Shoey Peachew

Dec 14, 2010
I switched from straight talk to t-mobile and sold my att note 4 on swappa. I got 2 lines of unlimited everything for $100 during t-mobile's holiday sale. I was planning on using the second line as my home isp, but I think I'm going to give it to my gf instead. Unlimited everything was the main reason I switched to t-mobile, but the lack of root was a huge factor too. As soon as I got my t-mobile note 4 and rooted it, it was like breathing fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Egocentric", I love posts like these, no one cares if you stay or you go, you contribute nothing as far as development to the device, no one will morn you or the other people like you. Leave and don't fill up the device thread with crap like this. To anyone else thinking of posting an, 'I'm leaving, follow me or stay with an unrooted phone forever', do us all a favor and choke on your phone... This phone performs fantastically as is, we are also able to do non root related adjustments to help with battery and so on. Buy a tablet and flash that to scratch the itch. /rant
    Theead has run its course.

Thread closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I keep getting the Note 4 910a (3x) hoping that the locked down everything won't bother me. It does... a lot.
    My 14 day return ends on 1/16/15. I ordered the n910c yesterday, and expect it to arrive 1/13/15 at the latest. I did quite a bit of research, and found that the N910c/f/t should, in theory, work on AT&T with no issues. They seem to have all of the bands required. T-Mobile refuses to sell me a phone without signing up with them, so it came down to c and f. For those who don't know, C and F are almost the same with the exception of c having Exynos, and f having snapdragon. I was surprised that the exynos seems to support AT&T LTE. Anyway, I chose the 910c, because the exynos chip is supposed to be faster, and use less battery, and was cheaper. Plus there is a glimmer of hope that 64 bit will be unlocked on it once lollipop is released on it. I will come back here, and let you guys know how the switch went once I get my phone.

For those of you who choose to stay behind, I hope that you gain root, but I doubt it will happen since all of the devs seem to have moved on.
    I never got the need to create these sort of threads. Why not post them on whatever phone forum you are moving to rather than post it here? No one likes kill-joy blog posts.
    I found it informative. And even some of the haters posted more than once. Thanks OP:)
    Who cares if your leaving. We don't want whiners anyways. Bye bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using XDA Free mobile app