Would you install TWRP and Magisk if you could?

• Total voters
Search This thread

theSunrise

May 15, 2012
Did someone manage to get Google Pay working? In my case I will be redirected to my phone to finish the card setup und I only get this screen after entering the CVC:

1080-2340-max.png

On stock it worked like a charm and beside this OneOS works like expected.

KevinAix

Jul 5, 2019
Nice, FRANCE
I can't use adb bluetooth and fastboot because i don't have câble with 4 pins... I test with another old câble but too difficult even i dont use magnet do you know where i could buy à good câble ?

Aug 18, 2022
大家好,我刚刚拿到了 TicWatch Pro 3,并且很想对其进行改装。
据我所知,还没有为它构建内核或恢复。我想解决这个问题。
这将是我第一次提出 TWRP(我有构建 AOSP 和移植 Ubuntu Touch 和 PostmarketOS 的经验)。

如果其他人有兴趣帮助解决这些问题,请随时加入!如果我们能围绕这个建立一个社区,那就太好了。

我的行动计划如下:
  1. 引导 TWRP 或以其他方式获得临时 root 访问权限。一些内核源代码可用。
  2. 提取设备上每个分区的图像(不包括用户数据),这样我们就有办法在出现任何问题时恢复所有内容,
  3. 将 TWRP 正确连接到设备。这可能很困难;我认为 TWRP 以前没有在 SDM429W 上运行过,尽管它基于 SDM429。诺基亚 3.2 可能是一个有用的参考。
  4. 使用 Magisk 对设备进行 Root,并记录该过程以便用户进行操作。
  5. 构建自定义内核。老实说,我不确定这个设备是否需要一个,但是 @janjan 通过调整一些东西并禁用垃圾,设法从 OG TWP 中挤出惊人的性能。
以下是一些有用的入门信息:
  • TWP3 附带一条只有电源线的充电线。不过,可以使用旧的 TWP 扩展坞来获得数据连接,并且可以通过 fastboot 解锁引导加载程序。有关更多信息,请参阅此线程。USB 线布局不是常规顺序(D+ 和 D- 交换),所以如果您没有旧底座并且正在使用线,请参阅此处的图片。
  • TWP3 LTE 内核源代码可在此处获得。我也在这里分叉了它,以防原始仓库发生任何事情。据我所知,没有 GPS 模型的来源,但 repo (4.9.232) 中的内核版本与我的 GPS 模型的内核版本相匹配。我希望 LTE 内核可以轻松地在 GPS 上使用。
  • rubyfish 内核配置可通过 /proc 获得。它附在这篇文章中。
我不确定解锁引导加载程序是否会阻止 OTA 更新;如果是这样,也许我们应该想办法在解锁引导加载程序之前手动下载 OTA 更新。

以下是一些杂项信息:
  • TWP3 LTE代号为“rover”,TWP3 GPS代号为“rubyfish”。
  • 据我所知,这款设备中的 Snapdragon Wear 4100 是 64 位 SoC,但使用的是 32 位操作系统。
  • 这是运行最新 OTA 更新的 rubyfish 上的完整内核版本字符串:Linux 版本 4.9.232-perf+ (root@jenkins-slave-5b9g4-x3p58) (gcc 版本 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC)) #1 SMP抢占 2021 年 6 月 9 日星期三 09:55:19 CST
Did you succeed? I imagine you're asking for specific details. Do you have a telegram group?

one_simple

Nov 27, 2021
Huawei Mate 30
I've made a full eMMC dump. I've uploaded every partition that doesn't contain sensitive info.
Excluded partitions in my upload are: cache, DDR, mcfg, persist, tz, userdata.
I'll publish a guide on how to do this yourself soon. Everyone should back up their own persist partitions as they contain sensor calibration data.

Download the images here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664816932

Here's a complete partition list:

Code:
# lsblk -o name,partlabel,fstype,size,uuid /dev/loop1

NAME       PARTLABEL    FSTYPE  SIZE UUID
loop1                           7.1G
├─loop1p1  modem        vfat     84M 00BC-614E
├─loop1p2  fsc                    1K
├─loop1p3  ssd                    8K
├─loop1p4  sbl1                 512K
├─loop1p5  sbl1bak              512K
├─loop1p6  rpm                  512K
├─循环1p7 rpmbak 512K
├─环路1p8 tz 2M
├─环路1P9 2M
├─循环1p10 devcfg 256K
├─loop1p11 devcfgbak            256K
├─loop1p12 DSP ext4 16M af32c008-2a39-7e5b-a5dc-201456d93103
├─loop1p13 dspbak       ext4     16M af32c008-2a39-7e5b-a5dc-201456d93103
├─环路1P14 调制解调器1 1.5M
├─环路1P15 调制解调器2 1.5M
├─循环1p16 DDR 32K
├─环路1p17 fsg 1.5M
├─循环1p18秒16K
├─环路1p19飞溅11M
├─loop1p20 aboot                  1M
├─loop1p21 abootbak               1M
├─环路1P22 DTBO 8M
├─环路1P23 dtbobak 8M
├─loop1p24 vbmeta                64K
├─loop1p25 vbmetabak             64K
├─循环1p26引导32M
├─loop1p27 恢复 32M
├─loop1p28 devinfo                1M
├─loop1p29 系统 ext4 1.5G c8d4c976-2cc7-553b-8c90-9810db1915c1
├─loop1p30 供应商分机4 512M 38ba1d68-5883-5923-afce-5094c89a2e99
├─loop1p31 cmnlib                 1M
├─loop1p32 cmnlibbak              1M
├─loop1p33 cmnlib64               1M
├─循环1P34 CMNLIB64BAK 1M
├─loop1p35 keymaster              1M
├─loop1p36 keymasterbak           1M
├─loop1p37 缓存 ext4 64M 8a2a63b8-6101-4879-b3d7-3af37090d3f5
├─loop1p38 persist      ext4     32M 57f8f4bc-abf4-655f-bf67-946fc0f9f25b
├─环路1P39 杂项 1M
├─loop1p40 密钥库 512K
├─loop1p41 配置 32K
├─loop1p42 OEM ext4 16M c46af7c8-7768-44BF-87E7-4E9E489CBA6E
├─loop1p43 限制 32K
├─环路1p44 dip 1M
├─环路1P45 MDTP 32M
├─loop1p46 mdtpbak               32M
├─环路1p47 mcfg 4M
├─循环1p48 apdp 256K
├─循环1p49 msadp 256K
├─环路1P50 DPO 8K
├─loop1p51 btlver                 1K
└─loop1p52 userdata     f2fs    4.7G adee6f87-7155-465d-b933-c85ed3f0c47c

8GB 闪存和 4.7GB 用户数据...干得好出门问问
我应该如何备份

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
yesimxev I'm trying to read up on anything I can for ticwatch pro 3 ultra. Every time I try to click on a link to go to a wear.revtechs.me page my browser times out and refuses to load the page? I'm assuming the browser is blocking me from going there. Any ideas? Thanks

yesimxev I'm trying to read up on anything I can for ticwatch pro 3 ultra. Every time I try to click on a link to go to a wear.revtechs.me page my browser times out and refuses to load the page? I'm assuming the browser is blocking me from going there. Any ideas? Thanks
As far as I know this is the new official site for OneOS: https://wear.lunawolf.es/en/

Top Liked Posts

It's not a flashable zip, you can't update this way, especially not on custom ROM. As I said, you have to flash full original firmware first.

Go to the site I shared link to, download to your PC the latest fastboot ROM for your watch variant and unpack it. Boot your watch to fastboot and use flash_all.bat script to flash the full ROM back to your watch. When it finishes, go to recovery, format data, reboot back to fastboot and relock bootloader. Then set up your system and you should be able to update through OTA.

Thank you for your patience in explaining, I will try this method. Wait for my good news!
    It's not a flashable zip, you can't update this way, especially not on custom ROM. As I said, you have to flash full original firmware first.

Go to the site I shared link to, download to your PC the latest fastboot ROM for your watch variant and unpack it. Boot your watch to fastboot and use flash_all.bat script to flash the full ROM back to your watch. When it finishes, go to recovery, format data, reboot back to fastboot and relock bootloader. Then set up your system and you should be able to update through OTA.

Thank you for your patience in explaining, I will try this method. Wait for my good news!
    Hi all, I've just got my hands on a TicWatch Pro 3 and am keen to mod it.
    As far as I can tell, there've been no kernels or recoveries built for it yet. I'd like to fix that.
    This will be my first time bringing up TWRP (I have experience with building AOSP and porting Ubuntu Touch and PostmarketOS).

If anyone else is interested in helping with this stuff, feel free to join in! It'd be great if we can build a bit of a community around this.

My plan of action is as follows:
    1. Boot TWRP or obtain temporary root access in another way. Some kernel sources are available.
    2. Extract images of every partition on the device (excluding userdata) so we have a way to restore everything if anything goes wrong,
    3. Properly port TWRP to the device. This may be difficult; I don't think TWRP has run on the SDM429W before, though it's based off the SDM429. The Nokia 3.2 may be a useful reference.
    4. Root the device with Magisk, and document the process so users can do it.
    5. Build a custom kernel. To be honest, I'm not sure if this device needs one, but @janjan managed to squeeze amazing performance out of the OG TWP by tweaking a few things and disabling junk.
    Here's some useful information to get started:
    • The TWP3 ships with a charging cable that only has power wires. It's possible to use an old TWP dock to get a data connection, though, and the bootloader can be unlocked through fastboot. See this thread for more info. The USB wire layout is not in the regular order (D+ and D- are swapped), so if you don't have an old dock and are using wires, refer to the pictures here.
    • The TWP3 LTE kernel source code is available here. I've also forked it here, in case anything happens to the original repo. As far as I can tell, there are no sources for the GPS model, but the kernel version in the repo (4.9.232) matches my GPS model's kernel version. I expect the LTE kernel can be used on the GPS with minimal effort.
    • The rubyfish kernel configuration is available through /proc. It's attached to this post.
    I'm not sure if unlocking the bootloader blocks OTA updates; if it does, perhaps we should work out a way to manually download OTA updates before unlocking the bootloader.

Here's some miscellaneous information:
    • The TWP3 LTE is codenamed "rover", and the TWP3 GPS is codenamed "rubyfish".
    • As far as I can tell, the Snapdragon Wear 4100 in this device is a 64-bit SoC, but a 32-bit OS is in use.
    • Here's the complete kernel version string on my rubyfish running the latest OTA update: Linux version 4.9.232-perf+ (root@jenkins-slave-5b9g4-x3p58) (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 9 09:55:19 CST 2021
    Hey everyone,
    For those who want to root their TWP3 with Magisk, here is how to do:

1- Make your own cable that supports data transfer
    2 - Unlock your bootloader:
    -Enable adb debugging by going to "Settings>System>About" and press build number 7 times then go back 2 times then go to "Developpers options>ADB debugging"
    - Reboot to bootloader by pressing the 2 buttons until you see fastboot mode
    - Connect the watch to your computer
    - Type fastboot oem unlock in a command prompt (you need to have adb and fastboot installed)
    - Confirm on your watch
    3 - Download one of the image for your watch
    4 - Flash it on your watch in fastboot mode:
    - Type fastboot flash recovery magisk_recovery_model.img in a command prompt (replace
    model with your version of TWP3)
    - Boot recovery via the fastboot mode
    OneOS WearOS

21.10.3 Changelo
    ---FIRST PREVIEW VERSION--
    -Added ONE Bootanimatio
    -Tweaks to system/etc/prop.defaul
    -Tweaks to system/build.pro
    -Moved some apps to data-app
    -Removed the deletion of Custom Recover
    -Deodexed
    I think the project is fantastic, the truth is that Mobvoi totally succeeded in minimizing attempts to root the watch, simply sold the watch with a cable that only serves to charge, and also there is none for sale (not even in the Asian market), you can only make one by hand, which pushes back 99.9% of users.

For those who don't know, the cable is mandatory, because to flash TWRP or root you must first unlock bootloader. Unlocking bootloader is done in bootloader mode (fastboot) and there will not work debugging via Wi-Fi, as the watch in this mode does not connect to the Wi-Fi network, it will only work with a USB cable.

Anyway, I want to contribute the info I have on the subject:

- Last May the user @mind-overflow was trying to port TWRP, I do not know if he has managed to advance something. Since May i do not know anything. Here the last thing he talked about it.

- Here, at the end of that post I explain how to make a handmade cable from a Ticwatch S/E cable.
    Use "fastboot boot rubyfish_recovery.img"
    Without "" obviusly

Actually it's untested
    Edit: i see u from Spain, Send me pv if u have Telegram ;)

Edit2: for upload the Rover variant

Rubyfish = BT + GPS Ticwatch Pro 3
    Rover = LTE Ticwatch Pro 3
    I think the project is fantastic, the truth is that Mobvoi totally succeeded in minimizing attempts to root the watch, simply sold the watch with a cable that only serves to charge, and also there is none for sale (not even in the Asian market), you can only make one by hand, which pushes back 99.9% of users.

For those who don't know, the cable is mandatory, because to flash TWRP or root you must first unlock bootloader. Unlocking bootloader is done in bootloader mode (fastboot) and there will not work debugging via Wi-Fi, as the watch in this mode does not connect to the Wi-Fi network, it will only work with a USB cable.

Anyway, I want to contribute the info I have on the subject:

- Last May the user @mind-overflow was trying to port TWRP, I do not know if he has managed to advance something. Since May i do not know anything. Here the last thing he talked about it.

- Here, at the end of that post I explain how to make a handmade cable from a Ticwatch S/E cable.