• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS

Search This thread

ron_hyatt

Apr 2, 2012
Hello eveeyone,

Got my ticwatch pro 3 gps less than 36 hours ago and have few questions ;

1) how do i disble the fstn screen backlight?
2) how can i add heartrate icon to show on fstn screen?
3) I have chosen united states english during setup and now the native weather app on the watch only show temperature in fahrenheit not celsuis so i installed accuweather coz i was able to choose celsuis but cant add accuweather in tiles(only few preset tiles are available to choose from!) and even google assistant shows fahrenheit....any way to change that without having to reset the watch and go through setup again?!

4) another annoying thing is that i have to login to another wifi router apart from the router my phone connected to if i wanted to use wifi only with bluetooth off otherwise i get a "please check your connection" message!!

5) the 577 mah battery on this watch is disappointing......i have aod off, tilt to wake off, brightness set to minimal, nfc off, wifi off, animations off from developer options yet i only get barely under 36 hours on a single charge just because i enabled 24 hours heartrate,sp02 and stress measuring!.....thats much less than the advertised 48-72 hours!!

6) the choice of internet browsers and youtube apps on the watch playstore are very poor....any suggestions?

7) can the system updates be turned off?(not the auto update apps on playstore coz i already have that off!).

squallho1

Jul 13, 2007
Good luck, and if you end up having any questions ask away.
Hello.

It was not a smooth journey...

I first bought a Ticwatch E cable that does not have the PCB for the pins (they were soldered to the plastic shell directly), which I damaged while I was trying to connect the pins to my watch.

Then I bought a Ticwatch pro charging dock that has a PCB inside. Connecting it to PC charges the watch but windows was unable to find it, which later I found out the cable included in the dock does not have the data pins.

At last I was able to connect after swapping the cable. It was pain in the a** to hold the watch / cable with my fingers while at the same time typing the commands on the PC, but it did work.

I tried to put the watch into recovery and sideload the OTA, but it stopped at 47% everytime, saying
E: Signature vertification failed
E: error: 21

Please see attached image.

Any help would be appreciated....

*Update: tried unlocking bootloader and wipe data / cache partition, still a no go.
Somehow my watch should be some sort of non-retail unit that does not have the same signature, it seems unless I can flash a custom recovery like TWRP (which doesn't exist right now) to skip the vertification check, my watch would be stuck at the unusual 075 firmware that came with it....

Attachments

• 20210505170853.jpg
    20210505170853.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Reactions: galaxys

darklighter43

Oct 3, 2013
Tampa,FL
I've had one for several weeks. Absolutely love it. I've had several other Mobvoi watches, but this is the best of them all. I'm getting close to 3 days battery life with all sensors turned on, using the secondary display. I'm able to sleep with it on to use the TicSleep app. Play Store loads quickly on it, and runs smoothly. If I get a call while wearing my ear buds, the call comes in simultaneously on my phone, my buds, and the watch, giving me the option to pick which one to answer the call. No other watch has ever responded that quickly to calls. All in all, a great watch. Well worth the expense.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I have owned almost every smartwatch I could find and this is the best one by far. My last one was the Galaxy Watch 3 LTE and I sold that and got the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS and it's working great except I'm having a little trouble with Tic Sleep. The watch doesn't seem to want to record my sleep but it may be user error. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

darklighter43

Oct 3, 2013
Tampa,FL
Hello eveeyone,

Got my ticwatch pro 3 gps less than 36 hours ago and have few questions ;

1) how do i disble the fstn screen backlight?
2) how can i add heartrate icon to show on fstn screen?
3) I have chosen united states english during setup and now the native weather app on the watch only show temperature in fahrenheit not celsuis so i installed accuweather coz i was able to choose celsuis but cant add accuweather in tiles(only few preset tiles are available to choose from!) and even google assistant shows fahrenheit....any way to change that without having to reset the watch and go through setup again?!

4) another annoying thing is that i have to login to another wifi router apart from the router my phone connected to if i wanted to use wifi only with bluetooth off otherwise i get a "please check your connection" message!!

5) the 577 mah battery on this watch is disappointing......i have aod off, tilt to wake off, brightness set to minimal, nfc off, wifi off, animations off from developer options yet i only get barely under 36 hours on a single charge just because i enabled 24 hours heartrate,sp02 and stress measuring!.....thats much less than the advertised 48-72 hours!!

6) the choice of internet browsers and youtube apps on the watch playstore are very poor....any suggestions?

7) can the system updates be turned off?(not the auto update apps on playstore coz i already have that off!).

I have everything thing enabled on mine except the exercise apps and I get 3 days+ consistently. Granted, I don't get a lot of notifications but I'm very pleased with my battery life.

adem_7

Jan 23, 2008
Prizren
When I receive phone calls, especially on viber, voice automatically channelled to watch, not phone. Disabling 'calls' on phone terminates the connection, watch no longer rings when receiving calls. Any ideas anyone?

Evans_jd

Dec 30, 2007
Hi
Had the watch 4days and love it.
Primarily bought it for Outdooractive for route following and tests are good.

one annoying thing...
how do I turn the volume of the notification sound down?
must be there but damned if I can find.

tia
Jon

pss152

Aug 30, 2021
Hi guys,

I just got my Ticwatch pro 3 GPS and it would be great if someone could help me find how to activate the following:
I would like to receive notifications or at least vibration when the watch loses connection (BT) with my phone (Huawei P30).
I read somewhere in this forum that people suggest Feel The Wear app but it seems it's not supported anymore for the newest WearOS version.
I upgraded from LG G Watch R (yes I had it for 5+ years and it was great) and I didn't have any problems getting vibration on the phone and the watch when they lose connection (BT) with each other...
I also activated "Vibrate on connectivity change" from Developers Options but the watch vibrates even when Wi-fi is lost, which is not what I'm really after.

Any suggestions and tip would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you

marslan81

Jan 29, 2011
BILECIK
Hi guys,

I just got my Ticwatch pro 3 GPS and it would be great if someone could help me find how to activate the following:
I would like to receive notifications or at least vibration when the watch loses connection (BT) with my phone (Huawei P30).
I read somewhere in this forum that people suggest Feel The Wear app but it seems it's not supported anymore for the newest WearOS version.
I upgraded from LG G Watch R (yes I had it for 5+ years and it was great) and I didn't have any problems getting vibration on the phone and the watch when they lose connection (BT) with each other...
I also activated "Vibrate on connectivity change" from Developers Options but the watch vibrates even when Wi-fi is lost, which is not what I'm really after.

Any suggestions and tip would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you
The battery saver app on your phone might be putting the Wear OS app to sleep. For example, on my Xiaomi phone, I select "No restrictions" in the Battery saver menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The battery saver app on your phone might be putting the Wear OS app to sleep. For example, on my Xiaomi phone, I select "No restrictions" in the Battery saver menu.
    Thank you for your suggestion marslan81. Wear OS and Mobvoi apps are not in the Restrictions list.
    I will keep looking and reply here when/if I find something :)
    Thanks again :)
    Not seeing much on here about this watch so I thought I would start a new thread just for it! Who has one on their wrist? Tell us what you think. It is high on my list for my next Smartwatch.

https://www.mobvoi.com/la/pages/tic...1Jd7zP8Vt0r8cvxPlom-r9_PjAcKmv7xoCiZ8QAvD_BwE
    Not seeing much on here about this watch so I thought I would start a new thread just for it! Who has one on their wrist? Tell us what you think. It is high on my list for my next Smartwatch.

https://www.mobvoi.com/la/pages/tic...1Jd7zP8Vt0r8cvxPlom-r9_PjAcKmv7xoCiZ8QAvD_BwE
    I've had one for several weeks. Absolutely love it. I've had several other Mobvoi watches, but this is the best of them all. I'm getting close to 3 days battery life with all sensors turned on, using the secondary display. I'm able to sleep with it on to use the TicSleep app. Play Store loads quickly on it, and runs smoothly. If I get a call while wearing my ear buds, the call comes in simultaneously on my phone, my buds, and the watch, giving me the option to pick which one to answer the call. No other watch has ever responded that quickly to calls. All in all, a great watch. Well worth the expense.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Has anyone else been able to get Sleep As Android installed on this device? I have the paid version on my Pixel 3XL, but the app doesn't show up in the play store under "Apps on your phone" on the watch, nor does it find the app when I search the play store on the watch. Sleep As Android on my phone does connect to the watch over bluetooth and is able to report data when I use the "test sensor" feature, but I can't seem to actually install the app.

EDIT: I found that the developer has a build of the Wear OS Sleep app available for download their website. I sideloaded that and it is working now. If you are facing the same problem, Downloaded the latest "SleepWear" apk from here: https://sleep.urbandroid.org/more/download/

Apparently, Facebook Messenger also has a Wear OS app, but I don't see that either. I saw that there is an old "Facebook Messenger (Wear OS)"apk on apkmirror from 2017, but that seems really old. I might try sideloading that over adb to see if it still works.

EDIT: I sideloaded that old Messenger apk with ADB and it is working. For anyone having the same problem try sideloading this: Facebook Messenger (Wear OS)

I noticed that some other people were having similar issues with this device on other forums. Has anyone found a workaround?

Yes, I got mine a couple days back, I like it a lot!
    Last watch I had was the Asus Zenwatch 3 (I think the name) which I loved but the battery got terrible after a 3 years...
    In the inter time, I was using Mi Band 5, which is cool but it's not the same.
    Only problem with ticwatch 3 now is that I cannot get it found by my PC for ADB...

Are you trying wired or wireless adb? The charging cable is only built for charging, rather than charging+data. This is why there are only two pin contacts on the cable and 4 pin contacts on the watch port. I read on reddit that someone was able to take apart the cable from one of the earlier generation ticwatch to make a working data cable.

I was able to get wireless adb working. Transfer speeds might be a bit slower, but since they are over local wifi the speed is still decent. Go to Settings > Connectivity and sign in to you wifi if you are not already. Tap Wifi to take note of the device's IP address. Enable developer settings by tapping build number. In Developer Options turn on ADB degugging and turn on Debug Over Wifi. The status message under Debug Over WIFI will say unavailable until you issue the adb connect command. On your computer, issue the command:

adb connect 192.168.0.100:5555

... replacing 192.168.0.100 with your own IP. ":5555" indicates the port number and 5555 should be the default.
    Once you issue the command, you should be asked to approve the connection on your watch. Allow the connection (There should be an option to Always Allow from that particular computer). Look back on your watch to see if the Wifi Debugging status has changed from "Unavailable" to something else. It should now list an IP address and what seems to be a device ID or something. Now you should have a working ADB connection. By default wireless adb device authorizations will be revoked after a week or so. There is another toggle in Developer Options to disable this to preserve the authorizations, if you don't want to go though these steps often.

Now you should be able to issue adb commands. Maybe try adb devices to see if it lists your device.
    until we get some source code or a full rom where we can get the boot.img to patch it, root isn't going to happen.

on another note:
    I did just scrape the latest H MR2 update for anybody that isn't in the queue to get it already.

for those interested in how, run adb logcat > ota.txt the file for a https link that includes .zip

here is the manifest from the above update

ota-property-files=metadata:69:407
    ota-required-cache=33554432
    ota-type=BLOCK
    post-build=mobvoi/rubyfish/rubyfish:9/PMRB.210407.001/504:user/release-keys
    post-build-incremental=504
    post-sdk-level=28
    post-security-patch-level=2021-03-05
    post-timestamp=1617782930
    pre-build=mobvoi/rubyfish/rubyfish:9/PYDA.200427.080.MRB.210114.001/403:user/release-keys
    pre-build-incremental=403
    pre-device=rubyfish
    Ok. Thanks for the reply. Thinking of buying it and was hoping for root to maybe get gpay to work in Norway with it, but won't be buying without gpay support 😊
    Thank you for your suggestion marslan81. Wear OS and Mobvoi apps are not in the Restrictions list.
    I will keep looking and reply here when/if I find something :)
    Thanks again :)