• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TicWatch Pro 3 LTE and eSIM

Search This thread

Lastman21

Aug 14, 2021
I followed this discussion for a while and also followed some tips in this forum (e.g. the instructions of vrman, page 5), unfortunately without great success. The steps to set up the eSim on my TicWatch 3 Pro LTE were done with Vodafone CallYa Talk&SMS, provider of the eSim is the Austrian provider Spusu, who offers the eSim in addition to the normal sim on mobile.

After the initial setup, I have now made several more attempts to get the eSim working. The procedure was always the same. First I deleted the mobile provider of the eSim on my TicWatch and then set up the eSim again via Vodafone CallYa with OSWear and the QR code from Spusu. Here is the results:

- Telephony works (has worked from the beginning).

- Internet does not work (has never worked)

- Google Pay doesn't work since setting up the eSim (I was able to trick out geoblocking for Austria until I installed the eSim).

Hope for more tips from you, the whole situation is unsatisfactory after all. The most important thing for me would be that the Internet works with the eSim.

kirenoid

Jan 26, 2012
Vordingborg
Ok so I managed to get this sussed out and got it working on EE (UK network.)

The way is actually quite simple - I have a dual SIM phone (note 20 ultra) and one of those SIMs is indeed Vodafone.

I did the following:

1. Switch my primary SIM to Vodafone (could achieve the same thing by just inserting a vodafone sim temporarily.)

2. Force close and relaunch Wear OS app on phone

3. Using newly available "Add a Vodafone SIM to your watch" (or similar) option in Wear OS I selected to Scan a QR code - then just scanned the QR code for the EE SIM (it kept calling it Vodafone in the WearOS app but I completely ignored that and added it anyway.)

4. Restart watch

5. If you get the same result I did - success! You are now connected to whatever network you want.

6. Switch back to your normal SIM on your phone and the watch will remain connected to whatever network you scanned the QR code for. :)

Really hope this helps someone else! :)
Worked like a charm,

Did exactly what was suggested using a UK Vodafone sim card in DK network to set up esim on TicWatch Pro 3 LTE.
Unfortunately I have to use two separate phone numbers (equal added expense), so now I have to have 3 to reroute traffic, not a tirival thing, **004*---# does not work with 3 :-(

any suggestion ?

xljr2

Dec 15, 2021

The way is actually quite simple - I have a dual SIM phone (note 20 ultra) and one of those SIMs is indeed Vodafone.

I did the following:

1. Switch my primary SIM to Vodafone (could achieve the same thing by just inserting a vodafone sim temporarily.)

3. Using newly available "Add a Vodafone SIM to your watch" (or similar) option in Wear OS I selected to Scan a QR code - then just scanned the QR code for the EE SIM (it kept calling it Vodafone in the WearOS app but I completely ignored that and added it anyway.)

4. Restart watch

5. If you get the same result I did - success! You are now connected to whatever network you want.

6. Switch back to your normal SIM on your phone and the watch will remain connected to whatever network you scanned the QR code for. :)

It worked for me in Serbia with Telenor esim, calls and internet all worked fine until I started Wear OS app on my phone with local sim inserted. To get it to work again, I had to insert the Vodafone sim again in my phone, restart it and open the Wear OS app, close the app and return my local sim to my phone.

chrisaw

Jun 12, 2007
It worked for me in Serbia with Telenor esim, calls and internet all worked fine until I started Wear OS app on my phone with local sim inserted. To get it to work again, I had to insert the Vodafone sim again in my phone, restart it and open the Wear OS app, close the app and return my local sim to my phone.
Glad you got it sorted and that this helped!

I don't use the watch anymore at this point but it's great to hear others are getting some benefit out of this post! :)

thanasis12.

Jun 24, 2018
Today the amazon . de, send the device LTE.
In telegram a method, must pay, l don't want to hack.
I leave in Greece. I need sim from vodafone.uk?

xljr2

Dec 15, 2021
I have a UK Vodafone sim and it worked, don't know if it will work with other local Vodafone sims.

DerfStein

Jan 8, 2022
Hi rimsilva, I also have the LTE version and I want to activate the esim. What I need to do to avoid to brick mine ??
My network provider is Portugal Meo ! Appreciate if you can help me ;) Thanks
Unfortunately I can't guarantee you anything, because the mobvoi support it's very poor and I'm still waiting for a reply.

It's a very strange situation, because apparently everything was going well, the eSIM was downloading and then I had the problem described above.

For sure that it was the esim instalation that messed up the SmartWatch.

The problem is that resetting the SmartWatch will not affect the esim installation and due to that I can't solve the bootloop.

If you want to try your luck, you need a Vodafone UK, Germany or Spain card to have available the option to install the Meo eSIM.
Greetings,
In regards to the activation of the MEO eSIM, I'm pleased to inform was able to activate my MEO eSIM card, by changing one parameter in the code given by the QR Code of the eSIM card. I was able to achieve the resolution by comparing the MEO eSIM with the free eSIM that I requested from NOS using their website. I shall now describe how I activated the MEO eSIM.
First, as mentioned before, you need to have a Vodafone SIM card from the UK, Germany, or Spain (or having an Orange sim card from Spain or France) and insert it into the device in other to enable the option in the Wear OS App to add an eSIM. You can either replace your main SIM until you finish adding your eSIM to your watch.
Now, I shall share what I discovered.
When I tried to activate the MEO eSIM after getting the card, it was unable to activate it. So I decided to get a free eSIM from NOS to see if that one would activate. And it now prompted me if I wanted to activate the eSIM. Knowing the NOS eSIM worked and the MEO one didn't, I decided to dig it further by scanning the QR code with a QR code reader and comparing the code the NOS eSIM provided with the one MEO provided. And it was there I discovered a potential way of solving the issue.
The MEO eSIM(the one that didn't work) came with this code in the QR code:
LPA:1$RSP-0006.OBERTHUR.NET$[eSIM activation code]
And this is what came with the NOS eSIM one(which did work):
LPA:1$rsp-0001.oberthur.net$[eSIM activation code]
As you can see, both MEO and NOS use oberthur.net as the server for eSIM activation, with the only difference being that MEO had RSP-0006 instead of rsp-0001.
So, I changed the code of the MEO eSIM from RSP-0006.OBERTHUR.NET to rsp-0001.oberthur.net, maintaining everything else the same, created a QR code using this changed code, scanned the code(while having the vodafone sim card on my phone as the default card for both internet and phone calls, since I have both my main sim and the vodafone one on my phone), and it now requested if I wanted to add my MEO eSIM to the device. I accepted it and it took a minute or two to add the eSIM to my smartwatch. The MEO eSIM was finally added successfully. 👌
After successfully adding the eSIM to my smartwatch, I pressed done on my phone (from that point on you can change the default sim card on the phone to your main first and then remove the vodafone card). Restarted my smartwatch, gave it a couple of minutes for everything to be in order, and voilá, everything was in order. In my case, both internet and phone calls (while disconnected from my phone) worked without major issues on my part.
Below here's a screenshot with proof of being able to add the MEO eSIM on my smartwatch.
Hope this discovery of mine helps. 💪

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi rimsilva, I also have the LTE version and I want to activate the esim. What I need to do to avoid to brick mine ??
    Unfortunately I can't guarantee you anything, because the mobvoi support it's very poor and I'm still waiting for a reply.

It's a very strange situation, because apparently everything was going well, the eSIM was downloading and then I had the problem described above.

The problem is that resetting the SmartWatch will not affect the esim installation and due to that I can't solve the bootloop.

If you want to try your luck, you need a Vodafone UK, Germany or Spain card to have available the option to install the Meo eSIM.
    Greetings,
    In regards to the activation of the MEO eSIM, I'm pleased to inform was able to activate my MEO eSIM card, by changing one parameter in the code given by the QR Code of the eSIM card. I was able to achieve the resolution by comparing the MEO eSIM with the free eSIM that I requested from NOS using their website. I shall now describe how I activated the MEO eSIM.
    First, as mentioned before, you need to have a Vodafone SIM card from the UK, Germany, or Spain (or having an Orange sim card from Spain or France) and insert it into the device in other to enable the option in the Wear OS App to add an eSIM. You can either replace your main SIM until you finish adding your eSIM to your watch.
    When I tried to activate the MEO eSIM after getting the card, it was unable to activate it. So I decided to get a free eSIM from NOS to see if that one would activate. And it now prompted me if I wanted to activate the eSIM. Knowing the NOS eSIM worked and the MEO one didn't, I decided to dig it further by scanning the QR code with a QR code reader and comparing the code the NOS eSIM provided with the one MEO provided. And it was there I discovered a potential way of solving the issue.
    As you can see, both MEO and NOS use oberthur.net as the server for eSIM activation, with the only difference being that MEO had RSP-0006 instead of rsp-0001.
    So, I changed the code of the MEO eSIM from RSP-0006.OBERTHUR.NET to rsp-0001.oberthur.net, maintaining everything else the same, created a QR code using this changed code, scanned the code(while having the vodafone sim card on my phone as the default card for both internet and phone calls, since I have both my main sim and the vodafone one on my phone), and it now requested if I wanted to add my MEO eSIM to the device. I accepted it and it took a minute or two to add the eSIM to my smartwatch. The MEO eSIM was finally added successfully. 👌
    After successfully adding the eSIM to my smartwatch, I pressed done on my phone (from that point on you can change the default sim card on the phone to your main first and then remove the vodafone card). Restarted my smartwatch, gave it a couple of minutes for everything to be in order, and voilá, everything was in order. In my case, both internet and phone calls (while disconnected from my phone) worked without major issues on my part.
    Below here's a screenshot with proof of being able to add the MEO eSIM on my smartwatch.

I did the following:

4. Restart watch

No physical SIM was needed.

Just make your phone up-to-date (play store and probably FW, TicWatch had already newest Wear OS), install only Wear OS (don't install Mobvoi app). Follow pairing wizard (watch is brand new and not paired). Wizard will detect watch model and after few screens it will ask for eSIM (you are able to enter single line text only), enter eSIM in text format, and... that's all.

It worked for me like a charm.

Provider: Orange / Poland (eSIM, Flex traiff - officially Orange is NOT supporting this watch)
    Watch: Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3 4g/LTE (0403 / WH11013)
    Wear OS: 2.24

Phone OS: Android 10
    Phone Wear OS: 2.44.0.353846678.gms
    Phone Mobvoi APP: 3.20.0-1301.561

BR, Doman.

EDIT / ADDED:
    Maybe you folks got a model for different market? Ieg. your in EU na you bought an US or Chinese version (or vice-versa)?
    I'v bought my watch directly via www.mobvoi.com site and used EU/PL as location. For 95% there are different versions due to GSM capabilities/limitations... and they will not work on other markets.

Thanks Doman2011!! Maybe I´l try first your approach but I´ll could be wrong but I don´t remember to see nothing about the eSIM during the pairing process :( Mine was also bought directly via mobvoi.com site !!

Greetings,
    "Using a combo of the above replies(Thank You Both!), I was able to add my watch to AT&T in the US. Been using for a few days without any issues. Watch standalone call and data performance is really better than I expected."

This is good news, as I am waiting my watch to arrive today and I hope to be able to use my esim (Telekom) in it. My further wish that permanent proxy solution for the Gpay will work as well (as I am in a not supported country)
    Hi,

any eSIM will and must work (well in 99%...). I'm using TicWatch Pro 3 4g/LTE with Orange Flex eSIM (Poland).
    When you setup smartwatch as new on the phone (Wear OS), the creator asks for eSIM add, but in text mode (there is no QR code option). So... you must save your QR code eSIM as an picture (in most cases it just saves it as .png), then decode it in to text (there are many free www QR decoders), and then just copy & paste text that you got form QR to the creator. It just works.

BR, Doman.