TicWatch Pro 3 LTE and eSIM

Search This thread

Dracuuus

Mar 3, 2016
No physical SIM was needed.

Just make your phone up-to-date (play store and probably FW, TicWatch had already newest Wear OS), install only Wear OS (don't install Mobvoi app). Follow pairing wizard (watch is brand new and not paired). Wizard will detect watch model and after few screens it will ask for eSIM (you are able to enter single line text only), enter eSIM in text format, and... that's all.

It worked for me like a charm.

Provider: Orange / Poland (eSIM, Flex traiff - officially Orange is NOT supporting this watch)
Watch: Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3 4g/LTE (0403 / WH11013)
Wear OS: 2.24

Phone OS: Android 10
Phone Wear OS: 2.44.0.353846678.gms
Phone Mobvoi APP: 3.20.0-1301.561

BR, Doman.

EDIT / ADDED:
Maybe you folks got a model for different market? Ieg. your in EU na you bought an US or Chinese version (or vice-versa)?
I'v bought my watch directly via www.mobvoi.com site and used EU/PL as location. For 95% there are different versions due to GSM capabilities/limitations... and they will not work on other markets.

Thanks Doman2011!! Maybe I´l try first your approach but I´ll could be wrong but I don´t remember to see nothing about the eSIM during the pairing process :( Mine was also bought directly via mobvoi.com site !!

Spicy37

May 10, 2008

Just make your phone up-to-date (play store and probably FW, TicWatch had already newest Wear OS), install only Wear OS (don't install Mobvoi app). Follow pairing wizard (watch is brand new and not paired). Wizard will detect watch model and after few screens it will ask for eSIM (you are able to enter single line text only), enter eSIM in text format, and... that's all.

Provider: Orange / Poland (eSIM, Flex traiff - officially Orange is NOT supporting this watch)

BR, Doman.

EDIT / ADDED:
Maybe you folks got a model for different market? Ieg. your in EU na you bought an US or Chinese version (or vice-versa)?
I'v bought my watch directly via www.mobvoi.com site and used EU/PL as location. For 95% there are different versions due to GSM capabilities/limitations... and they will not work on other markets.

I'm curious why you wrote the MobvoiApp version number if it isn't needed? Have you been able to test google pay?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Thanks Doman2011!! Maybe I´l try first your approach but I´ll could be wrong but I don´t remember to see nothing about the eSIM during the pairing process :( Mine was also bought directly via mobvoi.com site !!

Me too. Maybe it's necessary a clean instalation of the ticwatch. (wear OS was already installed because i've another smartwatch and mobvoi app was also installed).

I've just returned my watch and I will get a new one.

Mobvoi support is not helpful but sales support is good and they approved to send a new SW very quickly.

The problem is that I don't know why this happenned and I don't have the garantee that will not happen again :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Doman2011

Dracuuus

Mar 3, 2016
Me too. Maybe it's necessary a clean instalation of the ticwatch. (wear OS was already installed because i've another smartwatch and mobvoi app was also installed).

I've just returned my watch and I will get a new one.

Mobvoi support is not helpful but sales support is good and they approved to send a new SW very quickly.

The problem is that I don't know why this happenned and I don't have the garantee that will not happen again :(

@rimsilva Ok, I´ll try from the sketch than I´ll give you feedback !! Obrigado ;)

Reactions: rimsilva

Doman2011

Jan 2, 2011
I'm curious why you wrote the MobvoiApp version number if it isn't needed? Have you been able to test google pay?
It was not needed for install/pairing process, that doesn't mean that I don't use it at all...

Google Pay works, but I don't use it (it's disabled)... I don't like to unlock watch first to be able to use Google Pay.

Dracuuus

Mar 3, 2016
It was not needed for install/pairing process, that doesn't mean that I don't use it at all...

Google Pay works, but I don't use it (it's disabled)... I don't like to unlock watch first to be able to use Google Pay.

Doman2011, I already have my eSIM QR code and I tried to start everything from sketch but is not working. The pairing wizard don´t ask for the eSIM :(

pnator

Nov 14, 2008
Hi,
I just found this thread and I've been trying to fiddle with my Pro3 LTE in order to make it work with some e-sim plans. We don't have any of those official carriers in Finland. Thanks for all you who have tested different ways(prepaid etc). But I didn't notice anyone talking about the SM-DP+ address you can type to your watch when in developer mode. I haven't tried this with unused qr-code(you need to read it to text first) and you might need to install 3rd party keyboard app to be able to type all characters.
Would be nice to hear if this works...?
Enable developer mode
Settings -> Connectivity -> Mobile -> Advanced

Attachments

• 20210306_090824-COLLAGE.jpg
    20210306_090824-COLLAGE.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 432

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
Sounds promising! Maybe ill try it later today, do i need the fill out the entire qr code (converted to text) in this field?

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
I tried writing my qr code in this field, but nothing happens afterwards. I restarted the watch but nothing. The info is remembered in the sm-dp+ field but the esim is not downloading unfortunately. Anyone have a clue?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
I tried writing my qr code in this field, but nothing happens afterwards. I restarted the watch but nothing. The info is remembered in the sm-dp+ field but the esim is not downloading unfortunately. Anyone have a clue?
From what I understood to use the SM-TP+ activation you need to have a prepaid plan with your carrier, in order to download the esim remotely.

Dracuuus

Mar 3, 2016
I also tried the SM-TP+ activation and unfortunately it doesn't work either with me :(

I saw a video on youtube of a guy in Spain that he managed to activate an Orange card. In the wear OS app he has enabled the possibility to activate the eSIM card. I installed a fake GPS to trick the system to think that I was in Spain, but nothing. The option to activate the eSIM did not appear also !!

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
I also tried the SM-TP+ activation and unfortunately it doesn't work either with me :(

I saw a video on youtube of a guy in Spain that he managed to activate an Orange card. In the wear OS app he has enabled the possibility to activate the eSIM card. I installed a fake GPS to trick the system to think that I was in Spain, but nothing. The option to activate the eSIM did not appear also !!
You have a link of the vid?

glenner05

Jul 4, 2007
antwerp
Yep, I´m also waiting for mine, but I´m afraid to brick my watch like rimsilva did !!
I just got my vodafone sim, inserted it in my s20 as 2nd simcard. It first it didnt do anhthing, no esim options. But when i disabled my primary belgian simcard, and only enabled the vodafone one, bam! Instantly the esim option appeared in the wear os app. I scanned my belgian esim card and after a reboot the 4g connection worked. Will test further to see everything is reliable but it seems the voda sim did the trick!

Dracuuus

Mar 3, 2016
I just got my vodafone sim, inserted it in my s20 as 2nd simcard. It first it didnt do anhthing, no esim options. But when i disabled my primary belgian simcard, and only enabled the vodafone one, bam! Instantly the esim option appeared in the wear os app. I scanned my belgian esim card and after a reboot the 4g connection worked. Will test further to see everything is reliable but it seems the voda sim did the trick!

Nice.... let's see if I'll have the same luck :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have moved all of my development efforts away from XDA.
    Hi,

any eSIM will and must work (well in 99%...). I'm using TicWatch Pro 3 4g/LTE with Orange Flex eSIM (Poland).
    When you setup smartwatch as new on the phone (Wear OS), the creator asks for eSIM add, but in text mode (there is no QR code option). So... you must save your QR code eSIM as an picture (in most cases it just saves it as .png), then decode it in to text (there are many free www QR decoders), and then just copy & paste text that you got form QR to the creator. It just works.

BR, Doman.
    "Using a combo of the above replies(Thank You Both!), I was able to add my watch to AT&T in the US. Been using for a few days without any issues. Watch standalone call and data performance is really better than I expected."

This is good news, as I am waiting my watch to arrive today and I hope to be able to use my esim (Telekom) in it. My further wish that permanent proxy solution for the Gpay will work as well (as I am in a not supported country)
    Ok so I managed to get this sussed out and got it working on EE (UK network.)

The way is actually quite simple - I have a dual SIM phone (note 20 ultra) and one of those SIMs is indeed Vodafone.

I did the following:

1. Switch my primary SIM to Vodafone (could achieve the same thing by just inserting a vodafone sim temporarily.)

2. Force close and relaunch Wear OS app on phone

3. Using newly available "Add a Vodafone SIM to your watch" (or similar) option in Wear OS I selected to Scan a QR code - then just scanned the QR code for the EE SIM (it kept calling it Vodafone in the WearOS app but I completely ignored that and added it anyway.)

4. Restart watch

5. If you get the same result I did - success! You are now connected to whatever network you want.

6. Switch back to your normal SIM on your phone and the watch will remain connected to whatever network you scanned the QR code for. :)

Really hope this helps someone else! :)
    Hi,

any eSIM will and must work (well in 99%...). I'm using TicWatch Pro 3 4g/LTE with Orange Flex eSIM (Poland).
    When you setup smartwatch as new on the phone (Wear OS), the creator asks for eSIM add, but in text mode (there is no QR code option). So... you must save your QR code eSIM as an picture (in most cases it just saves it as .png), then decode it in to text (there are many free www QR decoders), and then just copy & paste text that you got form QR to the creator. It just works.

BR, Doman.
    Using a combo of the above replies(Thank You Both!), I was able to add my watch to AT&T in the US. Been using for a few days without any issues. Watch standalone call and data performance is really better than I expected.

BR, Doman.

EDIT / ADDED: