Ticwatch Pro 4G

Search This thread

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Anyone able to get the TICWATCH PRO 4G Chinese version into English with google support? The Ticwatch Pro ROM flash apparently does not work with the 4G hardware. I could do with out the eSIM funtion but would like a watch that is usable. Any Ideas?

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Heard from Mobvoi.

"Currently the engineering team is working on the ticwatch pro 4G international version. They haven't inform us when it will be released and when will the Chinese version of ticwatch pro 4G be able to flash to an international version. Thank you so much for your understanding"

Reactions: galaxys
I just ordered one from eBay canada

That would be awesome!
There seems to be a sales by MobVoi on 3/8 in China on TicWatch Pro 4G so the volume should go up. It is also now sold through Xaimi and should further make it more popular.

As said, I bid on Pro 4G and will receive one from a Chinese eBayer. Will post more when I receive it (5 to 8 days shipping). I hope to use the eSim as well.

I received the TicWatch Pro 4G this afternoon. As there is no International ROM for this yet, I checked the forum and found the instruction of updating the Chinese ROM into international version. After several hours of TWRP flashing, disabled the Chinese WearOS store and install the regular WearOS, it is now running properly with all function active. Google map shows pretty fast GPS signal, and the compass seems to be sensitive as well.

I will call T-Mobile when I have some time to see whether I can activate this eSim. I did find the IMEI (no EICC or UID, yet) , so it should not be a problem. TM has the DIGITS subscription for shared number phone/message/data for $15 with $5 discount for group plan. Hope it will work, and that will be handy.

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
There seems to be a sales by MobVoi on 3/8 in China on TicWatch Pro 4G so the volume should go up. It is also now sold through Xaimi and should further make it more popular.

As said, I bid on Pro 4G and will receive one from a Chinese eBayer. Will post more when I receive it (5 to 8 days shipping). I hope to use the eSim as well.
eSIM would be nice, but the Chinese tic watch as is is unusable, no Google services, while the is a Chinese version of the wear os app... It must be side loaded. No ok Google, no maps, no Gmail, lots of useless Chinese apps everything in Chinese.

Anyone know if it is possible to flash part of the ROM to get language support and basic Google services?

eSIM would be nice, but the Chinese tic watch as is is unusable, no Google services, while the is a Chinese version of the wear os app... It must be side loaded. No ok Google, no maps, no Gmail, lots of useless Chinese apps everything in Chinese.
Anyone know if it is possible to flash part of the ROM to get language support and basic Google services?
Below is what I received from Mobvoi:
==========================
Mar 15, 01:10 CST
Dear customer.
Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!
Ticwatch Pro 4G is designed to be used in China mainland. And it can only support Chinese(language.)It can't support to be switched into any other language.
Which website did you buy the watch please ?
Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Ticwatch team.

I have basically followed the instruction of how to convert a TWP Chinese ROM into global WearOS, and fix the input language issue (just had to sideload English GBoard). Not sure about the g-ok yet. There is no NFC or google fit issue at all. With all connection active (BT,Wifi, cellular) and always on display turn off, it still had 86% after about 12 hours, so not too bad. TM has activate the eSim EID, I will you know about the compatibility as the connection/cellular still say not activated...need to activate it through some Tic app. Will post the result once I find more time on this side project.

Reactions: drgun

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Below is what I received from Mobvoi:
Mar 15, 01:10 CST
Dear customer.
Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!
Ticwatch Pro 4G is designed to be used in China mainland. And it can only support Chinese(language.)It can't support to be switched into any other language.
Which website did you buy the watch please ?
Looking forward to your reply.
Best regards,
Ticwatch team.

I have basically followed the instruction of how to convert a TWP Chinese ROM into global WearOS, and fix the input language issue (just had to sideload English GBoard). Not sure about the g-ok yet. There is no NFC or google fit issue at all. With all connection active (BT,Wifi, cellular) and always on display turn off, it still had 86% after about 12 hours, so not too bad. TM has activate the eSim EID, I will you know about the compatibility as the connection/cellular still say not activated...need to activate it through some Tic app. Will post the result once I find more time on this side project.
So you have already received your watch and flashed it? What method? The only thread on flashing here in xda for the non 4g model and members write the the rom is not compatible with the 4g model due to different hardware. That is why I created THIS thread separate from the 93 plus pages of issues with the regular tic watch pro. Please post your flashing method and resources. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with TM, and concluded that an app is needed to activate the eSim even after TM has successfully activated EID and verified the paired # working. I guess I will wait when there is more time to investigate this.

Here is the process that I have done to convert TWP 4G into Google Wear OS (based on collected info from a few sites):

0) boot into Recovery with modification mode using TWP twrp-3.2.3-catfish.img
1) rename/mv these Chinese WearOS stuffs to something else (so you can recover back to Chinese WearOS easily without flashing the whole ROM)
file: /system/etc/sysconfig/cn_google_features.xml
directory: /sysyem/priv-app/PrebuiltWearskyHeadless
2) get the Google Play store PrebuiltWearsky.zip ZIP from http://drive.google.com/open?id=10hRF0uU8zqA2c-GIG1xzOV-Hdf68hdnE
Unzip files/directories to system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearsky by keeping the directory pattern.
3) Sideload the Google English keyboard (GBoard_xxxxx.apk) so you have the option to switch to English keyboard. Sideload other language keyboards if preferred (adb install Gboardxxxxx.apk). Anyone can suggest how to swap out the Chinese voice assist to English will be great.
4) Factory reset and pair with Google Wear OS. The difference with Chinese Wear OS and Google WOS is there is additional "Google Wear OS" at the lower portion of the main screen.

Won't be able to do much as works are piling...have fun if you have a TWP 4g.

Reactions: leon_sam and gadfly

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
I spent almost an hour on the phone with TM, and concluded that an app is needed to activate the eSim even after TM has successfully activated EID and verified the paired # working. I guess I will wait when there is more time to investigate this.

Here is the process that I have done to convert TWP 4G into Google Wear OS (based on collected info from a few sites):

1) rename/mv these Chinese WearOS stuffs to something else (so you can recover back to Chinese WearOS easily without flashing the whole ROM)
2) get the Google Play store PrebuiltWearsky.zip ZIP from http://drive.google.com/open?id=10hRF0uU8zqA2c-GIG1xzOV-Hdf68hdnE
Unzip files/directories to system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearsky by keeping the directory pattern.
3) Sideload the Google English keyboard (GBoard_xxxxx.apk) so you have the option to switch to English keyboard. Sideload other language keyboards if preferred (adb install Gboardxxxxx.apk). Anyone can suggest how to swap out the Chinese voice assist to English will be great.
4) Factory reset and pair with Google Wear OS. The difference with Chinese Wear OS and Google WOS is there is additional "Google Wear OS" at the lower portion of the main screen.

Great! Thanks for the info. Will try it.

atbasar

Mar 12, 2019
Hi at all,

I have a Chinese Ticwatch Pro 4g and I was so stupid to flash the international rom from Janjan.

Now I'm back at stock rom Chinese, but with the wrong one. I can't see no esim. Is it possible to react, or has anybody a backup for me?

Thanks

Reactions: atbasar

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Great! Thanks for the info. Will try it.
THANK!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!! It works. International language selection one would expect. Did as you said.

ADB DEVICES
;;confirm connected device
ADB reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
;;confirm reconnected in bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
;;unlock bootloader
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-catfish.img
;;twrp recovery will boot
ADB devices
;;confirm recovery mode.
;;on watch goto MOUNT and tic SYSTEM folder
ADB pull /system/etc/sysconfig/cn_google_features.xml
;;makes backup copy on pc current directory.
ADB shell
rm /system/etc/sysconfig/cn_google_features.xml
;;delete chinese file
adb pull /system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearskyHeadless /PrebuiltWearskyHeadless
;;for backup
adb shell
rm -r /system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearskyHeadless
;;remove PrebuiltWearskyHeadless
;;extracted PrebuiltWearsky.zip
ADB push -p PrebuiltWearsky/. /system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearsky
;;factory reset
;;in twrp did wipe advanced dalvik, cache and data
;;on phone remove all versions of wear os app CN version and regular, instaled GooglePlay version of wear OS
;; reboot system.

Worked for me. Google Pay set up easily and tested it today at a restaurant in Buenos Aires (a new for me and for them)

I had some flashing, watchface only, issues that went away after a couple factory resets.

be sure to reboot into bootloader from TWRP and not system ... in bootloader
fastboot oem lock

Thanks again to TEDLIN

Any ideas on GA? gboard can be found where? THJANKS

Last edited:
Reactions: leon_sam

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Hi at all,

I have a Chinese Ticwatch Pro 4g and I was so stupid to flash the international rom from Janjan.

Now I'm back at stock rom Chinese, but with the wrong one. I can't see no esim. Is it possible to react, or has anybody a backup for me?

Thanks

I have the original ROM, only modified the PrebuiltWearskyHeadless (removed as well as cn_google_features.xml file) have the eUICC assistant app still but all in chinese.

leon_sam

Mar 9, 2010
Thank you so much for the details. It really helps

THANK!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!! It works. International language selection one would expect. Did as you said.

ADB DEVICES
;;confirm connected device
ADB reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
;;confirm reconnected in bootloader
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-0-catfish.img
ADB devices
;;confirm recovery mode.
;;on watch goto MOUNT and tic SYSTEM folder
ADB pull /system/etc/sysconfig/cn_google_features.xml
;;makes backup copy on pc current directory.
;;manually went in twrp MOLUNT >SYSTEM then back then FILES /system/etc/sysconfig/ selected cn_google_features.xml remaned to cn_google_features.bak
adb pull /system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearskyHeadless /PrebuiltWearskyHeadless
;;for backup should erase on watch? not sure the shell command to erase a whole diectory.
;;extracted PrebuiltWearsky.zip
ADB push /PrebuiltWearsky /system/priv-app
;;in twrp did wipe advanced dalvik, cache and data
;;on phone remove all versions of wear os app CN version and regular, instaled GooglePlay version of wear OS
;;twrp factory reset and reboot system.

Worked for me. Google Pay set up easily and tested it today at a restaurant in Buenos Aires (a new for me and for them)
Maps installed for watch playstore shows current city but not location. ..".waiting for location"

not sure where to get gboard english ... the gboard app seems to be for the phone ...different name than GBoard_xxxxx.apk

Also no "ok google" voice command like I had with my moto 360 . Assistant when long pressing top button is chinese.

I had some flashing, watchface only, issues that went away after a couple factory resets.

to fix maps YES, wearskyheadless must be removed
adb shell
cd /
/system/priv-app/PrebuiltWearskyHeadless2/oat/arm
rm PrebuiltWearskyHeadless.odex
rm PrebuiltWearskyHeadless.vdex
CD ..
rmdir arm
cd ..
rmdir oat
rm PrebuiltWearskyHeadless.apk
cd ..
rmdir PrebuiltWearskyHeadless

Thanks again to TEDLIN

Any ideas on GA? gboard can be found where? THJANKS

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Thank you so much to share the step.

Would you mind to share a copy of the Google English keyboard apk, please? I am looking for it on google but could not find a proper one.
Thank you again.

2) get the Google Play store PrebuiltWearsky.zip ZIP from

If you visit this page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gboard
It will point to you WearOS keyboard:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gboard-the-google-keyboard-android-wear
You can also extract the WearKeyobar app in \system\app of the TWP Bluetooth and load it into 4G version, so it will boot up with English keyboard option (removethe ..\app\WearPinyinKeyboard if you don't need it)

I have received TMobile confirmation that current TM has no tool to activate eSim, and they are considering WearOS app.

Also, I am not sure whether I have time to mess around with 4G watch, and possibly just restore the Chinese ROM and put it on eBay or Amazon and go back to my heavy-duty CASIO Protrek. So far, I am happy with it only has to be charged every 2 to 3 days on regular usage.

Good luck with your venture of TWP 4G.

Reactions: leon_sam and gadfly

simonsmh

Dec 14, 2015

Hey does that still works for Wear OS H? I tried on my C2 and it still could not be paired with Google play version of Wear OS app, pretty weird. Should I still use the Chinese version of wear os app?

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Thank you so much for the details. It really helps

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Thank you so much to share the step.

Would you mind to share a copy of the Google English keyboard apk, please? I am looking for it on google but could not find a proper one.
Thank you again.

UPDATE:
Screen blinking. Not sure what is going on. Watch is fine for a while... but not a day goes by when the screen oes not start to blink and here is no access to setting or anything except assistant. have to hard bootloader reset after that.

Any ideas?

leon_sam

Mar 9, 2010
UPDATE:
Screen blinking. Not sure what is going on. Watch is fine for a while... but not a day goes by when the screen oes not start to blink and here is no access to setting or anything except assistant. have to hard bootloader reset after that.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem here. I guess it may be caused by the system updating. I will do the factory reset and try again.

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
I have the same problem here. I guess it may be caused by the system updating. I will do the factory reset and try again.

I have done many factory resets and always the blinking. Only today noticed "system update downloading" after long download I got "update failure" it tried again but I got the blinking again. will revert to the original chinese rom and try to update there and than add prebuiltwearsky.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you visit this page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gboard
    It will point to you WearOS keyboard:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gboard-the-google-keyboard-android-wear
    You can also extract the WearKeyobar app in \system\app of the TWP Bluetooth and load it into 4G version, so it will boot up with English keyboard option (removethe ..\app\WearPinyinKeyboard if you don't need it)

I have received TMobile confirmation that current TM has no tool to activate eSim, and they are considering WearOS app.

Also, I am not sure whether I have time to mess around with 4G watch, and possibly just restore the Chinese ROM and put it on eBay or Amazon and go back to my heavy-duty CASIO Protrek. So far, I am happy with it only has to be charged every 2 to 3 days on regular usage.

Good luck with your venture of TWP 4G.
    Heard from Mobvoi.

"Currently the engineering team is working on the ticwatch pro 4G international version. They haven't inform us when it will be released and when will the Chinese version of ticwatch pro 4G be able to flash to an international version. Thank you so much for your understanding"
    I just ordered one from eBay canada

That would be awesome!

Dear Tedlin,
    Can you post for me the Rom image that you have flashed to your watch? I have one that I have bought locally here in Turkey from someone who screwed up the watch. There is TWRP installed in it, so I guess I can still install something to it. Up to now I have found no rom image. I am also not much eperienced with watches but I can try. You can send me the rom image file to my gmail at: [email protected]
    Thank you in advance.
    Derya Gun
    I still have an original TWG4G backup (and about to delete it), but it is 520M and my email refuse to send it. If you send me any FTP or other way to send it, I will be happy to upload it. These TWP4G, even after you hack it into international WearOS, is still on older ROM and have very few update/support.

As not many folks are using TWP4G outside China, I decided to format it as TWP4G/LTE_EU (the same hardware, but different ROM format) and already migrated to the TWP4G/LTE_EU ROM.

It's a tricky process as TWP4G (China) was original shipped with Oreo, so you will have to migrated to Pie first. I have posted my process of how to migrated to it in the other TWP forum so I won't repeat it here. I am not sure the TWP4G users outside China, but I think it is less than a few dozens so it is possibly better to switch to switch to TWP4G/LTE_EU. I think the US version has a different modem/vendor hardware so TWP4G/LTE_US ROM won't work.

Hope these help!