• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Tilt Reminders from Hell

Search This thread

epauldc29

Dec 15, 2007
I just don't get the interface for the Tilt - there seems to be NO way to tell it to stop reminding you of things. Ok well great you remind me of an appointment, but do you have to do it for hours if I don't hit dismiss? The same holds true with email - all those incessant reminders!!!

Does anyone know have to get this under control??

whk

Mar 8, 2008
Texas
Try this:
Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>>Notifications Tab>Use the pull down to customize every EVENT and what you want to happen when this event happens.
Let me know if this totally misses what you were trying to do.
Bill

I just don't get the interface for the Tilt - there seems to be NO way to tell it to stop reminding you of things. Ok well great you remind me of an appointment, but do you have to do it for hours if I don't hit dismiss? The same holds true with email - all those incessant reminders!!!

Does anyone know have to get this under control??

xcom923

Jul 3, 2007
Raleigh
you can also set it not to remind you of appointments. But in all honestly that doesn't seem like a problem if you don't tell you're phone "OK I know I'm supposed to be ... so" it will think "you must not have gotten my message, let me remind you again" and it is a computer so yeah...it's gonna keep reminding you till you tell it that you got the message that's just how they work

epauldc29

Dec 15, 2007
All well and good...but

I want the reminders - I just want to have the option - like I did on my Palm - to tell it to shut up after 2 3 or 4 times. The whole idea is that it reminds you I don't want it to be a nudge!!

Any hacks or tweaks that could work??

gavink

Jan 15, 2008
Memphis, TN
I think I understand what you're looking for... an Outlook style snooze for xx number of minutes or hours. When I first got my Tilt, I looked for such a thing but came up short.

I too, simply create Outlook appointments without reminders, just because of this limitation.

How 'bout one of our programming guru's... wanna take something like this on?

gregslater84

May 5, 2008
By default the reminders will continue for a couple of minutes, I believe you can stop this by changing this value in the registry:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\Reminders\AutoSnoo ze\AutoSnoozeMins = 0 (DWORD decimal)

Martinjv71

Aug 8, 2007
Chicagoland
How about an easy solution of just dismissing it when it pops up as soon as you can- If you keep letting it go for hours, you are creating your own pain. Why does everyone expect everything to be perfect?