Question Tilt to wake - schedule?

Search This thread

Tripledrop

Aug 28, 2010
Birmingham
I have an annoyance, and wondered if anyone has found a way of dealing with this?

I wear my watch overnight, and want to stop the tilt to wake screen function (as it drains battery if it's flicking on all through the night).

I understand I can schedule bedtime mode which stops this feature, but it seems to be linked to my phone, and I do not want bedtime on my phone (unless it can be on, and not greyscale?)

I can also schedule do not disturb, but this doesn't stop the tilt function!

Any suggestions?

Reactions: galaxys and MilgeS

Tripledrop

Aug 28, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks, but that's a specific use-case that I require

I already know about how to start bedtime, and schedule it. But that doesn't help my query.

I'm looking for any of:

1. Separate bedtime from watch and phone (I don't think this is possible)
2. Turn off greyscale on the phones bedtime (I often wake and use my phone after "bedtime")
3. Another way to auto-stop/start tilt to wake that isn't bedtime

And it needs to be scheduled (I fall asleep at various times, and wouldn't remember to manually do it - and why should you have to?)

Ideally they'd add the option to do not disturb..

MilgeS

May 13, 2013
Smart Watches
Android Wear
I have an annoyance, and wondered if anyone has found a way of dealing with this?

I wear my watch overnight, and want to stop the tilt to wake screen function (as it drains battery if it's flicking on all through the night).

I understand I can schedule bedtime mode which stops this feature, but it seems to be linked to my phone, and I do not want bedtime on my phone (unless it can be on, and not greyscale?)

Any suggestions?
It would be great if Bixby routines worked on the watch to enable this

Reactions: Tripledrop

I already know about how to start bedtime, and schedule it. But that doesn't help my query.

I'm looking for any of:

2. Turn off greyscale on the phones bedtime (I often wake and use my phone after "bedtime")

And it needs to be scheduled (I fall asleep at various times, and wouldn't remember to manually do it - and why should you have to?)

Actually you can choose whether or not to synchronise Bedtime between watch and phone:
In Wear app on phonen go to Settings Watch - Advanced functions - Bedtime. There you select/deselect synchronisation of Bedtime between watch and phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-091957_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-091957_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Tripledrop

73sydney

Any suggestions?

Short answer: unless your Samsung youre not going to achieve any of the things youve asked about, because bedtime mode is bedtime mode and syncs to Samsung phones (as of a Wear app update 2 updates ago now), it doesnt on non-Samsung phones so im told (i have a Samsung phone and it does)

Use bedtime mode like everyone elses does, and if you have a Samsung phone where it syncs bedtime mode need your phone full colour toggle it off when youre using it and then put bedtime mode back on when done...simples (i do it many times a week and im still here and not dead for the struggle of tapping an icon or two), and doesnt involve creating another topic....or are we that lazy as humans now? If you dont have a Samsung phone it should be a moot point in that your bedtime mode shouldnt sync and your screen shouldnt go grey...

Why do people seem to want to sweat the small stuff...we have more urgent matters to attend to as humans than bedtime mode that you can toggle with minimal effort...its such a struggle to use less than 2g of force to toggle something

Longer answer, and part generalised social commentary:

Not sure why people seem to infrequently post topics asking people if theres a way to do x, when if you cant find it in the software itself you should realise that posting the question wont result in happy times, and is a moot point....

If you cant do it, we're all using the same watch, and none of us is named Samsung ....

Posting a topic where you announce you have a singular personal edge case, and to then vomit those needs out into a topic expecting to get a positive answer in 24 hours or less is just a little annoying..part of me dies when i see these topics

Im 51, luckily i dont have that annoying "i want it now" instant spoiled millennial mindset

I got my 1st laptop at 25, after saving 2 years for it, yet i know a 9yo who just got her 2nd MacBook Pro after whining until her parents gave in...society is doomed on the expectations new humans have of it. We really should have stopped making new humans about 30 years ago....

Reactions: OnnoJ

73sydney

Actually you can choose whether or not to synchronise Bedtime between watch and phone:
In Wear app on phonen go to Settings Watch - Advanced functions - Bedtime. There you select/deselect synchronisation of Bedtime between watch and phone.

Party pooper :)

Still, Im sure the OP will find a way to make that not good enough....

MilgeS

May 13, 2013
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Short answer: unless your Samsung youre not going to achieve any of the things youve asked about, because bedtime mode is bedtime mode and syncs to Samsung phones (as of a Wear app update 2 updates ago now), it doesnt on non-Samsung phones so im told (i have a Samsung phone and it does)

Use bedtime mode like everyone elses does, and if you have a Samsung phone where it syncs bedtime mode need your phone full colour toggle it off when youre using it and then put bedtime mode back on when done...simples (i do it many times a week and im still here and not dead for the struggle of tapping an icon or two), and doesnt involve creating another topic....or are we that lazy as humans now? If you dont have a Samsung phone it should be a moot point in that your bedtime mode shouldnt sync and your screen shouldnt go grey...

Why do people seem to want to sweat the small stuff...we have more urgent matters to attend to as humans than bedtime mode that you can toggle with minimal effort...its such a struggle to use less than 2g of force to toggle something

Not sure why people seem to infrequently post topics asking people if theres a way to do x, when if you cant find it in the software itself you should realise that posting the question wont result in happy times, and is a moot point....

If you cant do it, we're all using the same watch, and none of us is named Samsung ....

Posting a topic where you announce you have a singular personal edge case, and to then vomit those needs out into a topic expecting to get a positive answer in 24 hours or less is just a little annoying..part of me dies when i see these topics

Im 51, luckily i dont have that annoying "i want it now" instant spoiled millennial mindset

I got my 1st laptop at 25, after saving 2 years for it, yet i know a 9yo who just got her 2nd MacBook Pro after whining until her parents gave in...society is doomed on the expectations new humans have of it. We really should have stopped making new humans about 30 years ago....
Is one of the main points of a forum not to ask questions? I had a problem with the watch not sounding alarms unless system sounds were turned on, which I didn't want, I want all my sounds muted except alarms.

I had been through various mixes of the settings to no avail but asked the question Reddit and got a solution from someone who had a similar query.

We worked through it together to get this solution, thank goodness I didn't ask it on here as for you to see and be annoyed about!

PS - I too am 51 and thought the OP asked a valid question, I can relate to their point because I use a wake up app that doesn't work well with Bedtime mode so it would be useful to have a workaround as OP suggests.

Reactions: edwardob

73sydney

Is one of the main points of a forum not to ask questions? I had a problem with the watch not sounding alarms unless system sounds were turned on, which I didn't want, I want all my sounds muted except alarms.

I had been through various mixes of the settings to no avail but asked the question Reddit and got a solution from someone who had a similar query.

We worked through it together to get this solution, thank goodness I didn't ask it on here as for you to see and be annoyed about!

PS - I too am 51 and thought the OP asked a valid question, I can relate to their point because I use a wake up app that doesn't work well with Bedtime mode so it would be useful to have a workaround as OP suggests.

Assume a certain amount of humour in my response....

My main point is that the watch isnt like a phone where we have an easier time trying to mod things...

Tripledrop

Aug 28, 2010
Birmingham
Wow, what an ignorant reply! This is a forum for asking questions about certain devices.. I understand there are more important things in the world, but that doesn't mean everything else stops!! If I want info on one of the 40+ wars currently ongoing, I'll ask in a more appropriate forum.

And it appears that despite not being Samsung, this is indeed possible!

Not sure what I wrote that offended you, but please feel free to skip over any other posts of mine in future

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any suggestions?
    Just add Bedtime (not sure what name used in English) button to quickpannel of the GW4 and tap it manual on GW4 or phone when you go to sleep.
    Who cares if screen of the phone is in grey shades while sleeping? Just manually end Bedtime setting when you wake up...

Any suggestions?
    It would be great if Bixby routines worked on the watch to enable this

I'm looking for any of:

Any suggestions?