• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Time to return

Search This thread

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
Google Pixel 6 Pro
After spending just over a week with the FX3 pro think it's time to return it can't say I am blown away with it and don't feel it's a worthy successor to the FX2 pro
Battery life not that good having to quick charge at least twice to make it through the day ,
Camera has decent detail but colours are over saturated and not natural at all
Microscope lense is just pointless gimmicky lense and pretty useless in day to day use and hard to get a good in focus shot most of the time , detail quality reduces significantly when using zoom , again 10 bit photos is gimmicky when only the phone can display them at 10bit and when uploading to social media the quality is reduced to 8 bit anyway , performance for a SD 888 is disappointing this could be down to software optimization but stuttery web pages Facebook etc isn't grate and as mentioned Google feed is horrid considering its practically exact spec as the OnePlus 9 pro the bench marks are a lot less , maybe adaptive 120hz is to blame and not optimized correctly and even certain sites and apps just ain't optimized for high refresh rates , my 12 pro max with 60hz is smoother than 120hz on most social media and websites probably why apple have not jumped on the high refresh ban waggon admittedly swiping around the OS is a breeze but sadly that's were it ends , the chrome finish on the glossy black is just a step backward when most 2021 flagships are going for Matt finishes as the fingerprint and smudges are ridiculous on this device , sadly it's to many cons and that's just the major ones so will be retuning the device under my 28 day change of mind policy with the network , not being negative I'm sure most will be satisfied with the device but those things just make me think it's not worth the price tag that goes with it , and if you already have the X2 pro it's definitely not worth the upgrade yet 😜

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Wow what a shame that your journey with the FX3 turned out to be such a bad one.

I can't relate to most of your issues since my device is spot on from day 1

No lag or stutter and flawless benchmark scores, guess I am lucky and you got a Monday morning device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-30-17-49-26-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-30-17-49-26-53.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 84

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes definitely or a Friday phone Lol should of known better than go with Chinese device , oh well on ward and upward
Only reason for me was the SD888 since I've had it with the Exynos issues by Samsung.

I did get the S21 Ultra 512Gb version first but that was a disappointment as well. It was a step back for me after the FX2Pro

Now I'm thinking about importing a SD version of the S21 Ultra, just not sure if that could give other issues on the Dutch networks

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yr I was looking at 21 ultra but a Friend had it for couple weeks and sent back due to camera not that grate although it's had a few updates since release and looking over on the forum camera updates so possibly better now and although previous exynos chips have been a let down against SD I think this time around it's slightly better not on par quiet but nearly but now you have said that I'm having second thoughts lol it's that or the dark side 12 pro Max ,😜 or stick with the x3 pro and see what updates address

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yr I was looking at 21 ultra but a Friend had it for couple weeks and sent back due to camera not that grate although it's had a few updates since release and looking over on the forum camera updates so possibly better now and although previous exynos chips have been a let down against SD I think this time around it's slightly better not on par quiet but nearly but now you have said that I'm having second thoughts lol it's that or the dark side 12 pro Max ,😜 or stick with the x3 pro and see what updates address
Exynos 2100 is definitely not on oat with SD888 at least not with the S21 ultra. Had it for about a week and gladly returned it. My SD865 powered FX2Pro was performing much better compared to the Exynos powered S21U

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have no doubt" I'm just going on what bench comparison reviews I've seen yes still not as good but better than the S20 ultra's 990 was Vs 865 , Samsung slowly improving there chips , the one thing putting me of the 12 pro max is 60z going back from 120hz is horrid although I had the standard 12 prior to the x3 pro briefly after a few days you generally re adjust to 60hz as iOS is fairly buttery Smooth you do notice the odd stutter but what you loose in fluidnis you gain in battery so it's a question of trade offs and personal preference suppose camera samples do look better on the 12 pro max than s21 ultra more natural but does loose out to the s21 ultras video recording again it's what your willing to trade in one area to gain in another I personally very rarely even record video so not a big deal id rather have a better quick point and shoot cam, yes 21 ultra can do more and has multiple lenses and zooms but anything over 15x just starts to loose detail anyway so 108mp is pretty useless past that , decisions decisions one thing thought I'm really enjoying the 65w charging on X3 pro blazing fast and plugging in for 10 mins I'm good again for hrs I would definitely miss that if decide to exchange 🥴 just wish the Sony 1 MK 3 was already out and I wouldn't have such hard time deciding as O2 have limited options to go for and nothing really new on the horizon for some time yet ,

Only reason for me was the SD888 since I've had it with the Exynos issues by Samsung.

I did get the S21 Ultra 512Gb version first but that was a disappointment as well. It was a step back for me after the FX2Pro

Now I'm thinking about importing a SD version of the S21 Ultra, just not sure if that could give other issues on the Dutch networks
Why don't you just keep the x3 for another year? What do you not like about it?

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why don't you just keep the x3 for another year? What do you not like about it?
I miss the OneUI from Samsung devices and only reason I switched was the bad Exynos chip.

I miss the feeling I've got from the FX2Pro and the fact it did feel a bit more polished compared tot the FX3Pro

However I'll stick with the FX3Pro for a while to see what Oppo can do for us with firmware updates. As mentioned the latest firmware crippled my device when it comes to battery and performance, hoping they will fix this.

With previous firmware my device scored over 800000 point running Antutu 9, the latest firmware somewhere between 650 and 700000

Now I know benchmarks don't mean **** and real-life performance matters but also in real-life the performance dropped with latest firmware.

So if Oppo finds a way to fix the performance and battery drain with next update I'm cool.

Other small glitches on software side I can live with ( or solutions can be found )

say7essica

Jun 10, 2019
I miss the OneUI from Samsung devices and only reason I switched was the bad Exynos chip.

I miss the feeling I've got from the FX2Pro and the fact it did feel a bit more polished compared tot the FX3Pro

However I'll stick with the FX3Pro for a while to see what Oppo can do for us with firmware updates. As mentioned the latest firmware crippled my device when it comes to battery and performance, hoping they will fix this.

With previous firmware my device scored over 800000 point running Antutu 9, the latest firmware somewhere between 650 and 700000

Now I know benchmarks don't mean **** and real-life performance matters but also in real-life the performance dropped with latest firmware.

So if Oppo finds a way to fix the performance and battery drain with next update I'm cool.

Other small glitches on software side I can live with ( or solutions can be found )
Hey, may I know how the FX3 pro fares currently?
Planning to buy one or wait for the reno7pro/s21fe. Wanna move away from Xiaomi now. The 1+ 9pro does not have certain 5g bands i need

Ninja_Gundam

Dec 11, 2006
I am going to return it too in the end..battery life isn't that great and no root etc. Zoom pics not so sharp. But the other alternative is s21exynos but I doubt with fine tuning will go worse than my actual immortal s10 :) For the high temp I usually downcloak from kernel ..so i think it will be ok.

Chooo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, OneUI is almost perfect. Very customizable, especially with good lock.
    Performance (s10+) wasn't that great though. My wife's s20 is still very choppy with 120hz activated.
    And the fingerprint scanner on the s10 and s20 are terrible.
    Oh, they should also start improving charge speeds! I can never go back to a 25W charger!