• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

timur's vcam2 - how do you set resolution/input type?

Search This thread

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
I am trying to get feed from my backup camera at no avail. vcam2 responds well to uvc grabber device being plugged in nd launches itself like it should, but gives me an error thay goes like: "failed to init video input from 640x480 -> 640x480."

Looks like I got to set resolution to 640x480 abd input mode to NTSC, but I am not seeing any menus or buttons in vcam2 anywhere on the screen, notification area. etc. Is anyone here familar with vcam2? Thanks!

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
A half year later, still wondering about the same thing... I've searched everywhere and found no one else asking the same question. What am I missing here? :confused: TIA!

gornikp

Feb 27, 2012
I have same problem, can anyone help? I'm using usbtv007.
BTW there should be a menu button in bottom left on the navigation bar. You can change the resolution there and the NTSC/PAL. Id doesn't help for me. In my case it looks like vCam2 does not recognize device at all. Easy cap works fine. I tried installing drivers like it's shown on redit but it didn't help :(

Last edited:

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
Took me a whole half year to notice someone actually replied! :D
In all seriousness, thanks a bunch and I will be taking another look at it today. I bet I missed it because i am using the Auto Hide Soft Keys app to hide the navigation bar altogether. We will see.

Buratei

Sep 12, 2012
It worked ok for a while, but now all I get is "vcam2 has crashed" popup error. In fact, I've tried a half dozen other Easycap/UVC viewer type apps and they all do the same thing. Must be my UVC capture device...
Also back when it used to work, I would get random (LOUD) pops when the capture device was activated. Was thinking about ditching it anyway.

Last edited: