[Tip] [Capture OTA link /URL] without PC Works with Rooted and non rooted devices

Search This thread

Sachin

Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Nowhere
Yo Guys here is the detailed guide about how to capture an android OTA link/URL(when new Android update out) without a PC.

Yeah, since I don't have PC I thought i was no longer able to root my phone or playing with xposed or flashing stuffs like custom Roms, Recovery, custom kernel etc... But I got rooted my phone, flashed custom Rom,installed xposed and even unlocked my device. Thanks to King root and it's Dev for awesome app!

Yeah, now let's get into matter since I'm using "Google Android one", Google assured to give 2 years of Android update to our phones directly whenever the New versions of Android releases.
Google Nexus, Google Android one and GPE phones are directly handled by Google in the terms of software updates. And even Flagship phones maker like Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, and many other companies Pushes OTA updates whenever the New version of Android releases!
Since Google OTA's are followed by random process few will get update very early and others will get the OTA later. So, in order to get rid off if one who got OTA Notifications then it's simple to get OTA Link by taking logcat.
Once link distributed with community members,friends and others who using same phone, then they can access that link and download OTA zip and they can flash that new update zip using stock recovery and can boot newly released Android OS!
Now the question is how to take logcat without PC and capture link (OTA link) and share the that link with members! (I'm explaining without PC method so don't ask me for PC method)

REQUIREMENTS:=>>>

1. Rooted android device
2. OTA update on your phone
3. Terminal emulator
4. A brain
5. A file xplorer (Solid & Es file xplorer recommended)

HOW TO CAPTURE OTA LINK:=>>>

1. open terminal emulator type "su" and hit enter
2. Then terminal asks for Super user permission(I, e; Root) "choose grant"
3. After that type this
logcat > /sdcard/ota.txt and hit enter.
4. Now go back to system update window and tap on download system update.
5. Next wait few seconds 10-15secs and close terminal emulator window.
6. Now open a file xplorer like solid or ES file xplorers
7. You can see a file named OTA.txt
8. Now open that ota.txt file using file xporer (use solid xplore)
9. Search for the word starts with "http//:Googleapis/ota" like that
10. You'll get the link, copy that and share with friends and members and enjoy

Screenshot_20160113-204841.png

Screenshot_20160113-204846.png

Screenshot_20160113-205343.png

View attachment 3608988

View attachment 3609009

Thanx to Google, Xda.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160113-215118.png
    Screenshot_20160113-215118.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yo Guys here is the detailed guide about how to capture an android OTA link/URL(when new Android update out) without a PC.

Yeah, since I don't have PC I thought i was no longer able to root my phone or playing with xposed or flashing stuffs like custom Roms, Recovery, custom kernel etc... But I got rooted my phone, flashed custom Rom,installed xposed and even unlocked my device. Thanks to King root and it's Dev for awesome app!

Yeah, now let's get into matter since I'm using "Google Android one", Google assured to give 2 years of Android update to our phones directly whenever the New versions of Android releases.
    Google Nexus, Google Android one and GPE phones are directly handled by Google in the terms of software updates. And even Flagship phones maker like Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, and many other companies Pushes OTA updates whenever the New version of Android releases!
    Since Google OTA's are followed by random process few will get update very early and others will get the OTA later. So, in order to get rid off if one who got OTA Notifications then it's simple to get OTA Link by taking logcat.
    Once link distributed with community members,friends and others who using same phone, then they can access that link and download OTA zip and they can flash that new update zip using stock recovery and can boot newly released Android OS!
    Now the question is how to take logcat without PC and capture link (OTA link) and share the that link with members! (I'm explaining without PC method so don't ask me for PC method)

REQUIREMENTS:=>>>

1. Rooted android device
    2. OTA update on your phone
    3. Terminal emulator
    4. A brain
    5. A file xplorer (Solid & Es file xplorer recommended)

HOW TO CAPTURE OTA LINK:=>>>

1. open terminal emulator type "su" and hit enter
    2. Then terminal asks for Super user permission(I, e; Root) "choose grant"
    3. After that type this
    logcat > /sdcard/ota.txt and hit enter.
    4. Now go back to system update window and tap on download system update.
    5. Next wait few seconds 10-15secs and close terminal emulator window.
    6. Now open a file xplorer like solid or ES file xplorers
    7. You can see a file named OTA.txt
    8. Now open that ota.txt file using file xporer (use solid xplore)
    9. Search for the word starts with "http//:Googleapis/ota" like that
    10. You'll get the link, copy that and share with friends and members and enjoy

Screenshot_20160113-204841.png

Screenshot_20160113-204846.png

Screenshot_20160113-205343.png

View attachment 3608988

View attachment 3609009

Thanx to Google, Xda.
    Wow, very helpful! Thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android