• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TIP] Safe-to-Remove Bloatware List on MIUI

Search This thread

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Reactions: live4speed

lightdrake07

Apr 10, 2018
Hello, I just rooted my Xiaomi Mi 6. MIUI 9 Global 8.3.29 (Dev ROM). And I was wondering if this is compatible? and can you tell me how to properly run the script. Like what app should be used and the procdure. Will be waiting for a reply Thank you.

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Hello, I just rooted my Xiaomi Mi 6. MIUI 9 Global 8.3.29 (Dev ROM). And I was wondering if this is compatible? and can you tell me how to properly run the script. Like what app should be used and the procdure. Will be waiting for a reply Thank you.

I don't know if the script is compatible or not. For that, you'll have to wait for the script writer's reply. However, I can tell you how to use this script.
This is a recovery update script. So, first of all, you should install a custom recovery (like TWRP) if you haven't already. (I believe that stock MiRecovery will not be able to run this script.)
Now simply download the entire zip file from the Google Drive link and reboot to your Recovery. Then, you simply just have to use the Install option in the Recovery and navigate to the appropriate location which contains the zip file and confirm the installation of the update zip file.

Tip: If you would like to have a look at which all files are exactly being removed by the script, then before rebooting to the Recovery, you can extract/view the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script file. If you feel that some particular application shouldn't be removed, you can prefix a # before the line beginning and then repack the file in the same place in the archive.

Always ensure you have a backup before debloating. Good luck!

Hit the Thanks button (?) if I helped you.

Last edited:

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Should work

What happens if I delete miui updater app? Has anyone tried? I don't update in parts anymore. :confused:

In the past (probably in MIUI 7), I had got rid of the Updater app on my Redmi 1S. It works, had no problem. The only thing is, if you open System Update in Settings, the Settings app crashes. But that's it, no more problems.

However, just to be safe you can use ZipMe to create a flashable zip containing the Updater APK, so that just in case something goes wrong, you can flash the zip from recovery itself and the app will be reinstalled. :D

Reactions: talandsouza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI is known for it's bloatware and there are some of us who want the best of both worlds, a simple ROM with good looks.... so here comes Titanium Backup (or any other Root Uninstaller app) to the rescue! :) I've tested deleting all these apps and used the ROM for quite some time without any FCs or bugs. This is the list on MIUI v6 5.1.9 (9th January 2015 Update).

• Android Live Wallpapers
    • Apps
    • Assistant
    • Bank Cards
    • Basic Daydreams
    • Black Hole
    • Bubbles
    • Games
    • Google Pinyin Input
    • Live Wallpaper Picker
    • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    • Music Visualization Wallpapers
    • Phase Beam
    • Photo Screensavers
    • Tags
    • A Chinese App (with an Orange/Green location symbol icon)
    • Another Chinese App (with the Mi logo under a roof)

NOTE: When you update your ROM to the latest MIUI Dev Rom, it brings all the bloatware with it sadly.

Please hit the 'THANKS' button to show your appreciation! :)
    as promised, this is the list of apps I used to delete when I was using miui V6 ;) (I always manually delete the apk's from /system/app or /system/priv-app with a root file manager, namely ES File Manager, rather then freezing apps with titanium app or similar)

of course this is safe here, but some of the following may be useful for someone, so be sure what the following apks are for, before deleting them ;) Btw in case of any problems, you can always extract the apk's you deleted from the miui zip, put them back in system/app or system/priv-app folders, correct permissions, and reboot.. easy ;) )

/system/app

AntHalService
    BasicDreams
    BugReport
    CellBroadcastReceiver
    CloudService (never used miui cloud-miui account)
    Email (I use gmail instead)
    Galaxy4
    GameCenter
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    HTMLViewer
    LiveWallpapers
    LiveWallpapersPicker
    MagicSmokeWallpapers
    Mipay
    MiuiSuperMarket (I use play store instead)
    MiuiVideo (I use mxplayer instead)
    NoiseField
    Notes (I use keep instead)
    O2O
    PaymentService
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoTable
    PicoTts
    Stk
    VisualizationWallpapers
    VoiceAssist

/systemp/priv-app

Backup (I just rely in cwm/twrp for backups)
    CloudAppBackup
    GooglePinyinIME (I use perfect keyboard free instead)
    MiGameCenterSDKService
    MiuiGallery (I use quickpic instead)
    SmartcardService
    Tag
    VpnDialogs
    MIUI 8 Global bloatware list

This list is based on MIUI V8.0.1.0.KHCMIDG
    This is the first Global Stable MIUI 8 update received for Redmi 1S.

Note : I deleted these apps before flashing the ROM directly from the update zip file.
    To do that on my phone, I used ZArchiver
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.zdevs.zarchiver

I haven't tested this but, possibly after modifying the zip, the signature is tampered and it can't be flashed with Mi Recovery. But I'm not sure. I used Philz-Touch 6 recovery with Signature Verification disabled to flash this.

From /data/miui/app
    noncustomized
    customized
    You can delete both the folders (but if you also remove the Google apps in this folder, after factory resetting the phone (if you're really gonna do that), Google apps don't work; you need to manually install Config Updater, Google One-Time initializer, Services Framework, Calendar sync and Play Store again)

From /system/priv-app
    CleanMaster.apk
    Mipub.apk
    [WeatherProvider.apk, Weather.apk] (WARNING : MIUI shows weather info in the notification shade; maybe Android UI will stop working if you remove the weather app; not tested yet)

From /system/app
    Stk.apk (Sim Toolkit : optional)
    BasicDreams.apk (MIUI doesn't daydream)
    PicoTts.apk (Optional : You can use Google TTS instead)
    PhaseBeam.apk
    KSICibaEngine.apk
    Calculator.apk (Optional : you can use other calculator instead)
    Galaxy4.apk
    MiDiscover.apk (purpose unknown)
    NoiseField.apk
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    PaymentService.apk (MiWallet)
    AnalyticsCore.apk
    TranslationService.apk
    AntHalService.apk (Needed probably for Fitness Accessories)
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
    LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    SecurityCoreAdd.apk (WARNING : Don't remove this app on those Mi phones which have the Second Space/Dual apps feature shown in the Update info/What's new in Updater app)
    Email.apk (Optional : Gmail is better and uses less RAM than this app)
    SystemAdSolution.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    PhotoTable.apk

From /system/tts/lang_pico
    Delete this folder and all contents if you're gonna use some other TTS engine like Google.

The people who don't have Mi account can remove some more apps apart from these, the list of which, I haven't prepared yet. However, these apps can be removed by all MIUI 8 Global ROM users irrespective of whether they have an Mi account or not.
    MIUI is known for it's bloatware and there are some of us who want the best of both worlds, a simple ROM with good looks.... so here comes Titanium Backup (or any other Root Uninstaller app) to the rescue! :) I've tested deleting all these apps and used the ROM for quite some time without any FCs or bugs. This is the list on MIUI v6 5.1.9 (9th January 2015 Update).

• Android Live Wallpapers
    • Apps
    • Assistant
    • Bank Cards
    • Basic Daydreams
    • Black Hole
    • Bubbles
    • Games
    • Google Pinyin Input
    • Live Wallpaper Picker
    • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    • Music Visualization Wallpapers
    • Phase Beam
    • Photo Screensavers
    • Tags
    • A Chinese App (with an Orange/Green location symbol icon)
    • Another Chinese App (with the Mi logo under a roof)

NOTE: When you update your ROM to the latest MIUI Dev Rom, it brings all the bloatware with it sadly.

Delete its inside the *.zip before you flash update.zip

only? when i used miui, i used to delete much more stuff.. tomorrow if I'll have a miui zip in front of me will post all the apk's i used to delete ;)