[TIP] Safe-to-Remove Bloatware List on MIUI

Search This thread

Amruth Pillai

Nov 24, 2012
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
MIUI is known for it's bloatware and there are some of us who want the best of both worlds, a simple ROM with good looks.... so here comes Titanium Backup (or any other Root Uninstaller app) to the rescue! :) I've tested deleting all these apps and used the ROM for quite some time without any FCs or bugs. This is the list on MIUI v6 5.1.9 (9th January 2015 Update).

• Android Live Wallpapers
  • Apps
  • Assistant
  • Bank Cards
  • Basic Daydreams
  • Black Hole
  • Bubbles
  • Games
  • Google Pinyin Input
  • Live Wallpaper Picker
  • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
  • Music Visualization Wallpapers
  • Phase Beam
  • Photo Screensavers
  • Tags
  • A Chinese App (with an Orange/Green location symbol icon)
  • Another Chinese App (with the Mi logo under a roof)

NOTE: When you update your ROM to the latest MIUI Dev Rom, it brings all the bloatware with it sadly.

Please hit the 'THANKS' button to show your appreciation! :)

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
as promised, this is the list of apps I used to delete when I was using miui V6 ;) (I always manually delete the apk's from /system/app or /system/priv-app with a root file manager, namely ES File Manager, rather then freezing apps with titanium app or similar)

of course this is safe here, but some of the following may be useful for someone, so be sure what the following apks are for, before deleting them ;) Btw in case of any problems, you can always extract the apk's you deleted from the miui zip, put them back in system/app or system/priv-app folders, correct permissions, and reboot.. easy ;) )

/system/app

AntHalService
BasicDreams
BugReport
CellBroadcastReceiver
CloudService (never used miui cloud-miui account)
Email (I use gmail instead)
Galaxy4
GameCenter
HoloSpiralWallpaper
HTMLViewer
LiveWallpapers
LiveWallpapersPicker
MagicSmokeWallpapers
Mipay
MiuiSuperMarket (I use play store instead)
MiuiVideo (I use mxplayer instead)
NoiseField
Notes (I use keep instead)
O2O
PaymentService
PhaseBeam
PhotoTable
PicoTts
Stk
VisualizationWallpapers
VoiceAssist

/systemp/priv-app

Backup (I just rely in cwm/twrp for backups)
CloudAppBackup
GooglePinyinIME (I use perfect keyboard free instead)
MiGameCenterSDKService
MiuiGallery (I use quickpic instead)
SmartcardService
Tag
VpnDialogs

Last edited:

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
MIUI is known for it's bloatware and there are some of us who want the best of both worlds, a simple ROM with good looks.... so here comes Titanium Backup (or any other Root Uninstaller app) to the rescue! :) I've tested deleting all these apps and used the ROM for quite some time without any FCs or bugs. This is the list on MIUI v6 5.1.9 (9th January 2015 Update).

• Apps
  • Assistant
  • Bank Cards
  • Basic Daydreams
  • Black Hole
  • Bubbles
  • Games
  • Google Pinyin Input
  • Live Wallpaper Picker
  • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
  • Phase Beam
  • Photo Screensavers
  • Tags

NOTE: When you update your ROM to the latest MIUI Dev Rom, it brings all the bloatware with it sadly.

Delete its inside the *.zip before you flash update.zip

eyiieyi

Oct 28, 2014
thanks!
this is useful tips!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

lollomig

Jan 3, 2015

• Apps
  • Assistant
  • Bank Cards
  • Basic Daydreams
  • Black Hole
  • Bubbles
  • Games
  • Google Pinyin Input
  • Live Wallpaper Picker
  • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
  • Phase Beam
  • Photo Screensavers
  • Tags

If you have the root, you can also delete the browser app and the launcher without any problems ;)

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
If someone updates to Miui v7 will face system advertisements in miui Music and some others apps. it is quite annoying
You are save to remove it. Follow this guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-190513-1-1.html
It is safe to remove SystemAdSolution.apk file, clear cache. Reboot

Now, no more advertisement in miui music

I don't know why xiaomi try to push global users with the force to see their advertisements. May be they can earn something from that way. ?!

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Pune, India
Analytics and MIUI SDK

You can also remove com.miui.analytics. It's also useless. The system Calculator app is also useless and has very less features. You can use another app instead. You can freeze MIUI SDK too if it has too much data. But DO NOT uninstall Miui SDK.

If you have a root browser, you can simply delete the /data/miui/app folder to get more space in internal memory. Don't worry as it has just the apks of pre-installed apps, not their data. Deleting them will not even uninstall those apps as their apks are in /data/app folder too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viima and tokict

manishsoni7689

Nov 1, 2015
Pune
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
OnePlus 3
as promised, this is the list of apps I used to delete when I was using miui V6 ;) (I always manually delete the apk's from /system/app or /system/priv-app with a root file manager, namely ES File Manager, rather then freezing apps with titanium app or similar)

of course this is safe here, but some of the following may be useful for someone, so be sure what the following apks are for, before deleting them ;) Btw in case of any problems, you can always extract the apk's you deleted from the miui zip, put them back in system/app or system/priv-app folders, correct permissions, and reboot.. easy ;) )

/system/app

AntHalService
BasicDreams
BugReport
CellBroadcastReceiver
Galaxy4
GameCenter
HoloSpiralWallpaper
HTMLViewer
LiveWallpapers
LiveWallpapersPicker
MagicSmokeWallpapers
Mipay
NoiseField
O2O
PaymentService
PhaseBeam
PhotoTable
PicoTts
Stk
VisualizationWallpapers
VoiceAssist

/systemp/priv-app

CloudAppBackup
MiGameCenterSDKService
SmartcardService
Tag
VpnDialogs
bootloops.. . I cleared cache and dalvik cache.. now rebooting the device and I am in bootloops... :(

manishsoni7689

Nov 1, 2015
Pune
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
OnePlus 3
Which device are you using?
Also tell the miui version. I hope it's not MIUI 7.2.3.0 - bloatware list for that is a little different because some important system apps are dependent on bloatware!!!
Did you also remove any app other than those specified in your quote?
I did it on redmi 1s @china dev rom.. Miui 7 version 6.5.26.... Which is parallel to 7.2.3, I think. I only unistalled listed ones... I tried first deleting apks from system/app folder... It didn't work, then unistalled systems apps in es Explorer... Didn't work... Then titanium Backup... It also did not work. Every time I faced boot loops.

Sent from my HM 1S using XDA-Developers mobile app

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Pune, India
I did it on redmi 1s @china dev rom.. Miui 7 version 6.5.26.... Which is parallel to 7.2.3, I think. I only unistalled listed ones... I tried first deleting apks from system/app folder... It didn't work, then unistalled systems apps in es Explorer... Didn't work... Then titanium Backup... It also did not work. Every time I faced boot loops.

I don't know much about the MIUI China ROM. I am using the Global ROM. After updating to this ROM, I uninstalled the following apps using Link2SD. Then using ES File Explorer, I removed the .odex files of uninstalled apps. Then rebooted to recovery, and just cleaned the /cache partition.
Assuming, that you are also not using Mi account, this is the list of apps I have removed (uninstalled) which were in my /system/app folder :-
*Analytics (AnalyticsCore.apk) - can be removed or you can disable the WakeupService.
*ANTHalService - (used for fitness accessories)
*Basic daydreams (BasicDreams.apk)
*BugReport - optional (keep it otherwise, you can't see the summary if any app stops unexpectedly)
*Calculator
*Mi Cloud (CloudService.apk)
*Email
*Black Hole (Galaxy4.apk) - live wallpaper
*Holo Spiral - live wallpaper
*Android Live Wallpaper (LiveWallpapers.apk)
*Magic Smoke - live wallpaper
*Uniplay service (MiLinkService.apk) - maybe required for Wi-Fi display connection
*Noise Field - live wallpaper
*Phase Beam - live wallpaper
*Photo screensavers (PhotoTable.apk)
*PicoTTS - text to speech engine
*Battery Saver (PowerKeeper.apk)
*Security Service Plugin (SecurityAdd.apk)
*SystemAdSolution
*XiaomiAccount (IMPORTANT: This app is required when Android boots for the first time. So if you have removed/disabled this app after you have finished setting up Android for the first time, do not factory reset or erase /data till this app is installed again.)
*Xiaomi Services Framework - DO NOT REMOVE (otherwise Phone app gets stuck in crash-loop)

/system/priv-app removed apps :-
*Cloud Backup (for apps backup to Mi account)
*Find Device - required by Mi account app (same instructions are applicable as for XiaomiAccount app above )
*mipub - purpose is unknown, removed it
*YellowPage - DO NOT REMOVE (otherwise you cannot open contact details in Contacts and Dialer app)

It is recommended that you flash the update as-it-is, then uninstall apps using Link2SD, then clean up the dalvik-cache from Link2SD and reboot phone. Then you can also delete .odex files of removed apps in /system/app and /system/priv-app folder using ES File Explorer and also delete /data/miui/app folder.
If you have some other apps in China ROM, please give the list of installed system apps and system priv-apps.

manishsoni7689

Nov 1, 2015
Pune
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
OnePlus 3
I don't know much about the MIUI China ROM. I am using the Global ROM. After updating to this ROM, I uninstalled the following apps using Link2SD. Then using ES File Explorer, I removed the .odex files of uninstalled apps. Then rebooted to recovery, and just cleaned the /cache partition.
Assuming, that you are also not using Mi account, this is the list of apps I have removed (uninstalled) which were in my /system/app folder :-
*Analytics (AnalyticsCore.apk) - can be removed or you can disable the WakeupService.
*ANTHalService - (used for fitness accessories)
*Basic daydreams (BasicDreams.apk)
*BugReport - optional (keep it otherwise, you can't see the summary if any app stops unexpectedly)
*Calculator
*Mi Cloud (CloudService.apk)
*Email
*Black Hole (Galaxy4.apk) - live wallpaper
*Holo Spiral - live wallpaper
*Android Live Wallpaper (LiveWallpapers.apk)
*Magic Smoke - live wallpaper
*Uniplay service (MiLinkService.apk) - maybe required for Wi-Fi display connection
*Noise Field - live wallpaper
*Phase Beam - live wallpaper
*Photo screensavers (PhotoTable.apk)
*PicoTTS - text to speech engine
*Battery Saver (PowerKeeper.apk)
*Security Service Plugin (SecurityAdd.apk)
*SystemAdSolution
*XiaomiAccount (IMPORTANT: This app is required when Android boots for the first time. So if you have removed/disabled this app after you have finished setting up Android for the first time, do not factory reset or erase /data till this app is installed again.)
*Xiaomi Services Framework - DO NOT REMOVE (otherwise Phone app gets stuck in crash-loop)

/system/priv-app removed apps :-
*Cloud Backup (for apps backup to Mi account)
*Find Device - required by Mi account app (same instructions are applicable as for XiaomiAccount app above )
*mipub - purpose is unknown, removed it
*YellowPage - DO NOT REMOVE (otherwise you cannot open contact details in Contacts and Dialer app)

It is recommended that you flash the update as-it-is, then uninstall apps using Link2SD, then clean up the dalvik-cache from Link2SD and reboot phone. Then you can also delete .odex files of removed apps in /system/app and /system/priv-app folder using ES File Explorer and also delete /data/miui/app folder.
If you have some other apps in China ROM, please give the list of installed system apps and system priv-apps.
Thanks for your valuable response, I will try it for sure. You told "it is recommended to flash update as-it-is" which update? Do I need to flash something before doing it.
Please verify the steps I have to perform-
1. Using link2sd Uninstall listed apps
2. Then go to system/app in es Explorer and delete. odex file of uninstalled apps
3. Clear cache and dalvik cache by link2sd.
4. Clear Cache and dalvik cache in recovery and reboot.

I need to sign off MI account if I am using before performing these steps.

Correct me if any step I missed or messed..

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Pune, India
Thanks for your valuable response, I will try it for sure. You told "it is recommended to flash update as-it-is" which update? Do I need to flash something before doing it.
Please verify the steps I have to perform-
1. Using link2sd Uninstall listed apps
2. Then go to system/app in es Explorer and delete. odex file of uninstalled apps
3. Clear cache and dalvik cache by link2sd.
4. Clear Cache and dalvik cache in recovery and reboot.

I need to sign off MI account if I am using before performing these steps.

Correct me if any step I missed or messed..

No. You have gone a bit wrong.
  • "By 'update flashing', I meant the ROM update.zip file as it is available for download from the MI website without any apk file deleted. I just mentioned it because you said that you already tried deleting apks from the update before flashing."
    The jist of the above quoted text is that : You need to have the untampered ROM to be installed on the device, that is, one in which no system APK has been removed or no system app has been uninstalled.
  • If you have already signed up for an Mi Account and want it to be active on your device, you must not remove the following apps.
    • Mi Cloud (CloudService.apk)
    • Mi Account (XiaomiAccount.apk)
    • Find device
    • Cloud backup - Removal of CloudBackup will stop apps from being backed up to Mi Cloud
  • After clearing dalvik-cache in Link2SD, you just have to clear cache in recovery, NOT the dalvik-cache again.
Aren't you using this latest MIUI China ROM?
Redmi 1s China Stable V7.3.1.0.KHCCNDD

Last edited:

manishsoni7689

Nov 1, 2015
Pune
Xiaomi Redmi 1S
OnePlus 3
No. You have gone a bit wrong.
  • "By 'update flashing', I meant the ROM update.zip file as it is available for download from the MI website without any apk file deleted. I just mentioned it because you said that you already tried deleting apks from the update before flashing."
    The jist of the above quoted text is that : You need to have the untampered ROM to be installed on the device, that is, one in which no system APK has been removed or no system app has been uninstalled.
  • If you have already signed up for an Mi Account and want it to be active on your device, you must not remove the following apps.
    • Mi Cloud (CloudService.apk)
    • Mi Account (XiaomiAccount.apk)
    • Find device
    • Cloud backup - Removal of CloudBackup will stop apps from being backed up to Mi Cloud
  • After clearing dalvik-cache in Link2SD, you just have to clear cache in recovery, NOT the dalvik-cache again.
Aren't you using this latest MIUI China ROM?
Redmi 1s China Stable V7.3.1.0.KHCCNDD
China dev 6.5.26

Razerlight

May 14, 2013
Hey anyone tryed to delete this APKs in MIUI8?

Aswell i would really like to delete them BEFORE i flash the ZIP, but after flashing the deleted apks form the Zips are installed again. -.-
And i have no idea why. Can anyone explain me how this is working?
I for my side dont want to flash a rom than take an hour to disable all apps in TB with the apps already started and done **** to the system :(

ManSamVampire

Dec 27, 2015
Pune, India
Hey anyone tryed to delete this APKs in MIUI8?

Aswell i would really like to delete them BEFORE i flash the ZIP, but after flashing the deleted apks form the Zips are installed again. -.-
And i have no idea why. Can anyone explain me how this is working?
I for my side dont want to flash a rom than take an hour to disable all apps in TB with the apps already started and done **** to the system :(
I haven't tried MIUI 8. But maybe I can help. Check all these things :-
1. Delete unwanted apks from /system/app and /system/priv-app along with the .odex files.
2. See if any unwanted apks are also present in /data/app. Some Xiaomi and Google apps are also located in /data/miui/app which are installed after selecting phone locale. However you can delete this folder before to prevent the unwanted installation.
3. DON'T delete *XiaomiAccount.apk otherwise you can't complete phone setup.
4. When phone boots for the first time after flashing ROM, don't provide internet access. First complete the setup and check if any removed apps are installed again and then connect to internet to add accounts, .etc. because I had once noticed that missing apps are automatically downloaded and installed in the background by some hidden app in the system.

If above steps don't work, I have another tough method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• Apps
    • Assistant
    • Bank Cards
    • Basic Daydreams
    • Black Hole
    • Bubbles
    • Games
    • Google Pinyin Input
    • Live Wallpaper Picker
    • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    • Phase Beam
    • Photo Screensavers
    • Tags

/system/app

AntHalService
    BasicDreams
    BugReport
    CellBroadcastReceiver
    Galaxy4
    GameCenter
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    HTMLViewer
    LiveWallpapers
    LiveWallpapersPicker
    MagicSmokeWallpapers
    Mipay
    NoiseField
    O2O
    PaymentService
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoTable
    PicoTts
    Stk
    VisualizationWallpapers
    VoiceAssist

/systemp/priv-app

CloudAppBackup
    MiGameCenterSDKService
    SmartcardService
    Tag
    VpnDialogs
    MIUI 8 Global bloatware list

This list is based on MIUI V8.0.1.0.KHCMIDG
    This is the first Global Stable MIUI 8 update received for Redmi 1S.

Note : I deleted these apps before flashing the ROM directly from the update zip file.
    To do that on my phone, I used ZArchiver
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.zdevs.zarchiver

I haven't tested this but, possibly after modifying the zip, the signature is tampered and it can't be flashed with Mi Recovery. But I'm not sure. I used Philz-Touch 6 recovery with Signature Verification disabled to flash this.

From /data/miui/app
    noncustomized
    customized
    You can delete both the folders (but if you also remove the Google apps in this folder, after factory resetting the phone (if you're really gonna do that), Google apps don't work; you need to manually install Config Updater, Google One-Time initializer, Services Framework, Calendar sync and Play Store again)

From /system/priv-app
    CleanMaster.apk
    Mipub.apk
    [WeatherProvider.apk, Weather.apk] (WARNING : MIUI shows weather info in the notification shade; maybe Android UI will stop working if you remove the weather app; not tested yet)

From /system/app
    Stk.apk (Sim Toolkit : optional)
    BasicDreams.apk (MIUI doesn't daydream)
    PicoTts.apk (Optional : You can use Google TTS instead)
    PhaseBeam.apk
    KSICibaEngine.apk
    Calculator.apk (Optional : you can use other calculator instead)
    Galaxy4.apk
    MiDiscover.apk (purpose unknown)
    NoiseField.apk
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    PaymentService.apk (MiWallet)
    AnalyticsCore.apk
    TranslationService.apk
    AntHalService.apk (Needed probably for Fitness Accessories)
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
    LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    SecurityCoreAdd.apk (WARNING : Don't remove this app on those Mi phones which have the Second Space/Dual apps feature shown in the Update info/What's new in Updater app)
    Email.apk (Optional : Gmail is better and uses less RAM than this app)
    SystemAdSolution.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    PhotoTable.apk

From /system/tts/lang_pico
    Delete this folder and all contents if you're gonna use some other TTS engine like Google.

The people who don't have Mi account can remove some more apps apart from these, the list of which, I haven't prepared yet. However, these apps can be removed by all MIUI 8 Global ROM users irrespective of whether they have an Mi account or not.

• Apps
    • Assistant
    • Bank Cards
    • Basic Daydreams
    • Black Hole
    • Bubbles
    • Games
    • Google Pinyin Input
    • Live Wallpaper Picker
    • Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    • Phase Beam
    • Photo Screensavers
    • Tags

Delete its inside the *.zip before you flash update.zip

only? when i used miui, i used to delete much more stuff.. tomorrow if I'll have a miui zip in front of me will post all the apk's i used to delete ;)