[TIP update] workaround for loadtime of HTC audio player library

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
A problem with the HTC audioplayer is that it rebuilds the whole library when you tap the music tab after a soft-reset. With a giant collection of music-files this isn't funny anymore :p You will have to wait for at least 1 minute until you can select a artist, album or song from the library.

A elegant workaround, although not a direct solution for the problem, is to rebuild the library automatically after a softreset and not to trigger it by the selection of the music tab. This can save a lot of time, because (in most cases) the library will be ready by the time you decide to play some music after a soft reset. For me that's enough...
(Still this will not help you very much when you immediatelyafter a soft-reset want to select something from the music library)

Now, to trigger the rebuilding of the library at start-up all one has to do is to place a shortcut to the AudioManager_eng.exe in the startup folder in the windows directory. You can do this yourself or you can use the cab that is attached to this post.

UPDATE:
added a cab that triggers a music library rebuild when the storage card is inserted (or what's the same, when you unplug the device from a "disk drive" connection with the pc)
If the cab doesn't work. Just unzip the attached zip file to the folder "2577" on your storage card. (If the folder isn't there you have to create it yourself)

Last edited:

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Updated the first post with a little cab that rebuilds the music lib when a storage card is inserted.

Really great workaround. I love it. I would give this thread 5 stars if I could :p

zahvatnik

Mar 1, 2010
Moscow
appelflap, could you make .cab file, which will reset changes to default, please?

First indexation wasn't succesful, so i want to reset this settings =(
(audioplayer indexate all 800 songs, but only 6 albums and 6 songers)

Last edited:

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
appelflap, could you make .cab file, which will reset changes to default, please?

First indexation wasn't succesful, so i want to reset this settings =(
(audioplayer indexate all 800 songs, but only 6 albums and 6 songers)

Hi, uninstalling the cab files will remove the files that were installed.
(if you want to be sure, you can do it manually by deleting the shortcut to audiomanager_eng.exe in the windows/startup directory and/or deleting the files mortscript.exe autorun.exe and autorun.mscr from the directory 2577 on your storage card)

To force a fresh indexing of your music files, try to delete the AudioManager_Eng.vol file in the directory Application Data/HTC/AudioManager_Eng

it's a hidden file so you need to instruct file explorer to display hidden files.

BTW as a side note, your problem hasn't anything to do with the automatic indexing at startup. It's a general problem that sometimes occur with the music player. If it occurs use the above method...

patsav

Dec 28, 2006
Tours
I'he intalled a new artemis Rom and the MP3 sens is not working properly, I can see every title but can't read more than 10 sec anx I have restricted access to artist liste