[TIPS] Having Wakelocks? Suggest and solve them here!

Search This thread

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
Hi,

I was tired of searching all over the place trying to solve random wakelocks.
Why not do an open forum and suggest options to solve them.

Please add some suggestion so I can post it here.
I am interested to know your solutions :)

RILJ Wakelock

Toggle Airplane Mode - Reboot - Remove Airplane Mode - See if wakelock still persists.
1. Go to System Settings
2. Under accounts, select Google/Maps and Latitude
3. Maps will fire up and it should show the Location Settings screen.
4. On the top tap Location Reporting and select Do not update your location.

Gtalk_async_conn Wakelock

Dowload DisableService via Play Store.

Go to System Apps

Search and open Google Services Framework and open it.

Search for GTalkService and remove the check.
Add a line that reads "0.0.0.0 mtalk.google.com" to the host file under /etc/hosts

GPSd Wakelock

Find the buggy application you installed.
Download Terminal Emulator via Play Store.

Type: su
(Enter)
Type: killall gpsd
(Enter)
(Exit)

Freeze Mobile Tracker

mmc2_detect Wakelock

Reformat your SD card.

MediaScanner Wakelock

1) delete all .nomedia files from device.
2) delete all uninstalled apps directories using SDMaid
3) Go to settings and delete data from Download Manager, Downloads, DRM Protected Content Storage, Media Storage, Gallery,Google
Services Framework
4) Greenify Gallery & Media Storage

AudioOut_1/AudioOut_2 Wakelock

1) Go to Phone Settings ---> Sound----> uncheck Keytones, Touch sounds, Screen lock sound.

2) If you have PowerAmp app go to PowerAmp Settings --> Headset ---> uncheck Pause on Headset Disconnect & Resume on Headset Connect.

Multipdp Wakelock

KWL is for network fastdormancy. Which generates wakelock.
Solution= disable or unable fast dormancy and observe wakelock time. Keep unabled or disabled if timer is lower then before. Use below app which works great for note2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cytoggle.i9300

Last edited:

cornelito

Dec 12, 2012
Very nice thread.

AudioOut_1, AudioOut_2 :

1) Go to Phone Settings ---> Sound----> uncheck Keytones, Touch sounds, Screen lock sound.

2) If you have PowerAmp app go to PowerAmp Settings --> Headset ---> uncheck Pause on Headset Disconnect & Resume on Headset Connect.

Reactions: iznee and Simone

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
Very nice thread.

AudioOut_1, AudioOut_2 :

Will add to the OP later. Thank you!

ticktock666

Feb 20, 2010
the "disableservice" app from google play is great

in my case, I installed betterbatterystatus & wakelock detector to find what was causing the wakelocks, then proceeded to fix the issue from there

I use greenify to hibernate "almost" everything on the phone, anything I don't use I freeze with titanium backup, just to be safe (allshare case, group play) among others

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
the "disableservice" app from google play is great

in my case, I installed betterbatterystatus & wakelock detector to find what was causing the wakelocks, then proceeded to fix the issue from there

I use greenify to hibernate "almost" everything on the phone, anything I don't use I freeze with titanium backup, just to be safe (allshare case, group play) among others

I stated the app in the OP :)

And I have it suggested on my How To Maintain Your Lithium-Ion Battery thread.

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I'm wondering how we can effectively limit CPU speed maxing out every time. This is causing high drain.

I use the stock browser for maybe 2-3 hours a day, but I notice this is causing the CPU to hit max speed, even though I've limited it to 1.2GHz.

Assassin ROM 6.0 + Perseus 36.3 for N7100.

I used to use PerApp which could set max and min cpu per app (hence the name) but it does not seem to be working anymore.

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
I'm wondering how we can effectively limit CPU speed maxing out every time. This is causing high drain.

I use the stock browser for maybe 2-3 hours a day, but I notice this is causing the CPU to hit max speed, even though I've limited it to 1.2GHz.

I used to use PerApp which could set max and min cpu per app (hence the name) but it does not seem to be working anymore.

Try SetCPU or something.

adytum

Jul 1, 2011

I would assume that there's way more going on than just cpu throttling, the amount of active cores will be dynamic in relation to the current workload. Simply limiting the cpu at, say 800, would probably cause more cores to kick in and as such cause even more battery consumption. These things are very complex and also governor issues.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

cornelito

Dec 12, 2012
Kernel wakelock called mmc2_detect usually caused by ExtSDcard.
Solution : re-format the card using PC

MediaScanner wakelock :
Solution :
3) Go to settings and delete data from Download Manager, Downloads, DRM Protected Content Storage, Media Storage, Gallery,Google
Services Framework
4) Greenify Gallery & Media Storage,

Simone

Jan 7, 2012
Kernel wakelock called mmc2_detect usually caused by ExtSDcard.
Solution : re-format the card using PC

MediaScanner wakelock :
Solution :
Services Framework
4) Greenify Gallery & Media Storage,

Will add to the OP soon.

adytum

Jul 1, 2011
RILJ Wakelock

The Wakelock still here.. :crying:

Smartphone Battery at 53%

RILJ
22 m 18 s (1338 s) Count: 925 2,7%

:confused:

You should always consider these stats in relation to your total uptime. If that is say 12 hours, a total wakelock time of 22m is nothing, and completely normal.

Wakelocks are also an important feature of android to make some apps and functions work properly. It is only when the total wakelock time is huge compared to uptime that you should worry.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I'll add something constructive here too:

Sometimes you will see a power manager wakelock which can't be traced. There's a big chance that this is caused by a network issue, wifi or data connection. If for example your wifi keeps reconnecting in a loop or has a very poor signal, it's likely that it will manifest itself as a power manager wakelock for several hours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I was tired of searching all over the place trying to solve random wakelocks.
    Why not do an open forum and suggest options to solve them.

Please add some suggestion so I can post it here.
    I am interested to know your solutions :)

RILJ Wakelock

Toggle Airplane Mode - Reboot - Remove Airplane Mode - See if wakelock still persists.
    1. Go to System Settings
    2. Under accounts, select Google/Maps and Latitude
    3. Maps will fire up and it should show the Location Settings screen.
    4. On the top tap Location Reporting and select Do not update your location.

Gtalk_async_conn Wakelock

Dowload DisableService via Play Store.

Go to System Apps

Search and open Google Services Framework and open it.

Search for GTalkService and remove the check.
    Add a line that reads "0.0.0.0 mtalk.google.com" to the host file under /etc/hosts

GPSd Wakelock

Find the buggy application you installed.
    Download Terminal Emulator via Play Store.

Type: su
    (Enter)
    Type: killall gpsd
    (Enter)
    (Exit)

Freeze Mobile Tracker

mmc2_detect Wakelock

Reformat your SD card.

MediaScanner Wakelock

Services Framework
    4) Greenify Gallery & Media Storage

AudioOut_1/AudioOut_2 Wakelock

Multipdp Wakelock

KWL is for network fastdormancy. Which generates wakelock.
    Solution= disable or unable fast dormancy and observe wakelock time. Keep unabled or disabled if timer is lower then before. Use below app which works great for note2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cytoggle.i9300
    Very nice thread.

AudioOut_1, AudioOut_2 :

Excellent guide about all sort of wakelocks can be found here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1827676
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone