• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

titanium backup on android 11 and media storage 11

Search This thread

xp99

Aug 28, 2011
It's been more then 6 months, and the developers behind titanium backup still have not excluded media storage from being backed up in android 11.

When you try to back it up, it never completes. If you force close titanium backup, and try to open it again, it never finishes opening. And you gotta reboot your phone so you can open titanium backup again.

This is a known problem and because of this, I can't use the schedule task that backups up newly installed and updated apps as it doesn't use the filter I've set to exclude media storage, and tries to back it up.

This was mentioned first on here in September 2020:

And here are the changes made to android 11 that seem to cause this:

It's unbelievable that an update to exclude media storage on android 11 automatically has not been released by the titanium backup developers.

And yes, I did purchase the pro version.

Reactions: jollfye and galaxys

DBuffon

Oct 8, 2019
Parma
That's strange, because it works for me: I have made a label, added all the apps to it except Media Storage 11 and created a scheduled backup adding this label, and the backup procedure will correctly ignore Media Storage and skip it.

The only drawback is that you have to modify the label adding newly installed apps to the list whenever you install a new app on the phone.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Try this
Copy TitaniumBackup folder on root of storage →
In Titanium → menu → preference → backup folder location → select Storage provider file system (click here) → selectDocumenProvide storage → it will open file explorer, set root of Int storage - and then select allow.
Now click on "detect" and select that showing backup location.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been more then 6 months, and the developers behind titanium backup still have not excluded media storage from being backed up in android 11.

When you try to back it up, it never completes. If you force close titanium backup, and try to open it again, it never finishes opening. And you gotta reboot your phone so you can open titanium backup again.

This is a known problem and because of this, I can't use the schedule task that backups up newly installed and updated apps as it doesn't use the filter I've set to exclude media storage, and tries to back it up.

This was mentioned first on here in September 2020:

And here are the changes made to android 11 that seem to cause this:

It's unbelievable that an update to exclude media storage on android 11 automatically has not been released by the titanium backup developers.

And yes, I did purchase the pro version.
    Is there an valid alternative to titanium backup pro?
    Which is still actively maintained?
    Try this
    Copy TitaniumBackup folder on root of storage →
    In Titanium → menu → preference → backup folder location → select Storage provider file system (click here) → selectDocumenProvide storage → it will open file explorer, set root of Int storage - and then select allow.
    Now click on "detect" and select that showing backup location.