• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Tizen [Port] - Nexus 7

Search This thread

alexbailon

Aug 5, 2008
Hello everyone,

I started to port Tizen on Nexus 7.

Porting state:
- wifi working
- touchscreen working (doesn't yet support multitouch)
- media (pictures, music and videos) doesn't work
- no graphics acceleration (Xorg doesn't use Tegra module)
- USB doesn't work
- GPS / Bluetooth not tested
- Audio not tested

Installation:
To install it, you will need an unlocked Nexus 7 and MultiROMv7. MultiROMv7 is a way to have multi boot on Nexus 7. Once Recovery and MultiROMv7 are installed, you must reboot into recovery. Send image on your Nexus 7:
adb push /path/to/image/Nexus_7_Tizen.zip /sdcard/
After click on install button and select Nexus_7_Tizen.zip. It will install Tizen on your Nexus 7. Now you can reboot. In list of ROM, you will see Tizen_Testing. Select it and enjoy.

Download:
MultiROMv7: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2011403
Tizen ROM: http://easymt.org/files/Nexus_7_Tizen.zip

In days, I will publish instruction to build the ROM.

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
If you get this on par with the factory OS then you're a hair away from every nexus device using this if they want. Thank you for the work.

Sent from awesomeness?

ikslawlok

Jan 16, 2012
Lyon
www.mynexus.fr
A big thank you for your work!

When USB will be avaible,
we can take screenshot from the Tizen SDK
(sdb_1.0.24_ubuntu-64)

Code:
sdb                                                                                       
Smart Development Bridge version 2.0.2                                                                                                                                                            

Usage : sdb [option] <command> [parameters]                                                                                                                                                      

options:
 -d                            - directs command to the only connected USB device
                                 returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                            - directs command to the only running emulator.
                                 returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>            - directs command to the USB device or emulator with
                                 the given serial number.
 devices                       - list all connected devices
 connect <host>[:<port>]       - connect to a device via TCP/IP
                                 Port 26101 is used by default if no port number is specified.
 disconnect [<host>[:<port>]]  - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
                                 Using this command with no additional arguments
                                 will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devices.

commands:
  sdb push <local> <remote> [--with-utf8]
                               - copy file/dir to device
                                 (--with-utf8 means to create the remote file with utf-8 character encoding)
  sdb pull <remote> [<local>]  - copy file/dir from device
  sdb shell                    - run remote shell interactively
  sdb shell <command>          - run remote shell 
  sdb dlog [ <filter-spec> ]   - view device log
  sdb install <path_to_tpk>    - push tpk package file and install it
  sdb uninstall <appid>        - uninstall this app from the device
  sdb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
                                 forward spec is : 
                                   tcp:<port>
  sdb help                     - show this help message
  sdb version                  - show version num

sdb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  sdb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  sdb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  sdb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  sdb status-window            - continuously print device status for a specified device

it reminds me of something, but I do not know what :)

cmason37

May 31, 2012
Woodbridge
Code:
sdb                                                                                       
Smart Development Bridge version 2.0.2                                                                                                                                                            

Usage : sdb [option] <command> [parameters]                                                                                                                                                      

options:
 -d                            - directs command to the only connected USB device
                                 returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                            - directs command to the only running emulator.
                                 returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>            - directs command to the USB device or emulator with
                                 the given serial number.
 devices                       - list all connected devices
 connect <host>[:<port>]       - connect to a device via TCP/IP
 disconnect [<host>[:<port>]]  - disconnect from a TCP/IP device.
                                 Using this command with no additional arguments
                                 will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devices.

commands:
  sdb push <local> <remote> [--with-utf8]
                               - copy file/dir to device
                                 (--with-utf8 means to create the remote file with utf-8 character encoding)
  sdb pull <remote> [<local>]  - copy file/dir from device
  sdb shell                    - run remote shell interactively
  sdb shell <command>          - run remote shell 
  sdb dlog [ <filter-spec> ]   - view device log
  sdb install <path_to_tpk>    - push tpk package file and install it
  sdb uninstall <appid>        - uninstall this app from the device
  sdb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
                                 forward spec is : 
                                   tcp:<port>
  sdb help                     - show this help message
  sdb version                  - show version num

sdb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  sdb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  sdb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  sdb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  sdb status-window            - continuously print device status for a specified device
LOL. adb knockoff.

Reactions: Fallon9111

alexbailon

Aug 5, 2008
Thanks for the port! I have a question though, doesn't Nvidia have a (non-Android) Linux code tree for the Tegra 3? Couldn't the video driver from that tree be used?

Yes it can be used. The driver work but it enable mice pointer.

Edit:
In fact I can't use it because xorg server and driver abi missmatch.
I probaly need to buimd another version of xorg than provided.

Last edited:

long6688

Jul 6, 2012
I am extremely distress about the fact that other dev claimed successfuly port tizen to smartphones, also uploaded his work and nobody believe him (just because thefact that his work is rather complicated and no one smart enough to figure out how to do with his roms), you guys even teasing and disrespect him. Now a few months later, this dev put up with his work and an easier cleaner ways to install, these same non believer ppl comes in and appraise like its not a big deal (or lies?) and pretend nothing happened and they havent done nothing? Seriously you guys should do something about your attitide and mental capacity

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DeveDroid

astronfestmon

May 18, 2010
Lisbon
www.gleentech.com
You're right man.

Anyone believed in him.

I do not know why all this lies telling about his work.

He got several downloads through internet about his work. And no respect at all.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'm going to quit from here xda.

This was a bad experience.

I've released code.google.com/p/tizen-kernel-s8500
a github.com/vic3t3chn0
a twitter.com/vicetechno
for my it works.
now, i'm going to quit for the bad experience at telling me i'm a liar.
but I had downloads at code.google.com if i'm a liar.

thank you for all.

Reactions: DeveDroid

mijoma

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 5, 2011
Warsaw
I am extremely distress about the fact that other dev claimed successfuly port tizen to smartphones, also uploaded his work and nobody believe him (just because thefact that his work is rather complicated and no one smart enough to figure out how to do with his roms), you guys even teasing and disrespect him. Now a few months later, this dev put up with his work and an easier cleaner ways to install, these same non believer ppl comes in and appraise like its not a big deal (or lies?) and pretend nothing happened and they havent done nothing? Seriously you guys should do something about your attitide and mental capacity

I don't know who exactly do you mean, but if it is the author of "Tizen [PORT] Attempt almost" thread then you might have not read that thread (or do not know bada/tizen forums) well enough to know that he claimed that he has so many things up and running without bothering to actually try to run it.
When we wanted to know the details it came out that he used many components developed by badadroid team without proper credit and claiming to have functionality that never existed (like working RIL or even stupid lie that he changed a bootlogo in the component that was not responsible for displaying it - to cover this lie he changed one line and provided only the non-working binary violating GPL, but the component was pure assembly we wrote so seeking truth was not difficult) in these components and were known not to be working with Tizen (kernel init not aligned with Tizen).
Looking at the repositories he pointed to, there is no source code he developed or even modified by himself - everything is public and part of other projects.
You are free to elaborate on my mental capacity, but from where I stand his complicated work appears to be limited to the ability to follow compilation instructions.

I don't claim he wanted that to be a scam from the very beginning - he might have had a will to do something and learn along the way (which would be an adequate way), but he chose to cheat where stuff got unmanageable.

While I still encourage everybody to take up the challenge to see how fun it is, but when such a "dev" is leaving XDA we couldn't be worried less. Bon voyage!

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
So where does this stand? This is the one OS I want to use more than any other. I dont know jack about compiling code and such. But if someone has this for a N4 I would be all over it like ants on a peach.

skim0322

Jul 4, 2011
This is also my question... if S3 is able to use available Tizen Firmware... from testdevices...

Maybe someone can find solution to use Tizen on S3.

Thanx in advance.

Best Regards

I have asked in s3 thread. My post got deleted after a few comments... I was hoping a port for s3 would be easy and quick but there's no development on this whatsoever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

I started to port Tizen on Nexus 7.

Porting state:
    - wifi working
    - touchscreen working (doesn't yet support multitouch)
    - media (pictures, music and videos) doesn't work
    - no graphics acceleration (Xorg doesn't use Tegra module)
    - USB doesn't work
    - GPS / Bluetooth not tested
    - Audio not tested

Installation:
    To install it, you will need an unlocked Nexus 7 and MultiROMv7. MultiROMv7 is a way to have multi boot on Nexus 7. Once Recovery and MultiROMv7 are installed, you must reboot into recovery. Send image on your Nexus 7:
    adb push /path/to/image/Nexus_7_Tizen.zip /sdcard/
    After click on install button and select Nexus_7_Tizen.zip. It will install Tizen on your Nexus 7. Now you can reboot. In list of ROM, you will see Tizen_Testing. Select it and enjoy.

Download:
    MultiROMv7: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2011403
    Tizen ROM: http://easymt.org/files/Nexus_7_Tizen.zip

In days, I will publish instruction to build the ROM.
    Wonderful to see people just using MultiROM to create ports like this, good job :)

I don't know who exactly do you mean, but if it is the author of "Tizen [PORT] Attempt almost" thread then you might have not read that thread (or do not know bada/tizen forums) well enough to know that he claimed that he has so many things up and running without bothering to actually try to run it.
    When we wanted to know the details it came out that he used many components developed by badadroid team without proper credit and claiming to have functionality that never existed (like working RIL or even stupid lie that he changed a bootlogo in the component that was not responsible for displaying it - to cover this lie he changed one line and provided only the non-working binary violating GPL, but the component was pure assembly we wrote so seeking truth was not difficult) in these components and were known not to be working with Tizen (kernel init not aligned with Tizen).
    Looking at the repositories he pointed to, there is no source code he developed or even modified by himself - everything is public and part of other projects.
    You are free to elaborate on my mental capacity, but from where I stand his complicated work appears to be limited to the ability to follow compilation instructions.

I don't claim he wanted that to be a scam from the very beginning - he might have had a will to do something and learn along the way (which would be an adequate way), but he chose to cheat where stuff got unmanageable.

While I still encourage everybody to take up the challenge to see how fun it is, but when such a "dev" is leaving XDA we couldn't be worried less. Bon voyage!
    Tizen 2.0?

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Actually, it is Tizen 2.0 alpha. I'm porting 2.0.
    Hello shimizus

I think I saw post from you also somewehre else...

Problem about Porting is...

It depend on your skills.

Not expect toooo much help from Tizen "Developers"...

I can not remember in the last few yearS help from others...
    :eek:

"Open Source" is more Advertisement...

As you have an commercial Retail device...

So you have to fight with Driver for Hardware... Display, Touch etc...

Available Source is sometimes broken, obsolete not available not complete or simple wrong... or obsolete... :rolleyes:

So Porting Tizen to commercial device is more pain... as fun.
    And you need heavy skills...

Best Regards