Question TM US Nord n20 5g August update

Search This thread

gulkor1986

Aug 28, 2022
Good day!

I bought my first Nord N20 5G from t-mobile.

it updated my n20 5g to GN2200_11_A.07

Can I still root?

thank you
Brian

949ing

Nov 20, 2014
Yes you can , if you can extract your boot.img yourself or find an A.07 boot file somewhere

PsYk0n4uT

Thank you! I will look for guide and online on how extract boot.img from phone.
I've already posted this a few times but just use DSU sideloader to boot a prerooted GSI then use Partitions Backup and Restore app from playstore to save copies on your device. Install magisk app and patch the extracted boot.img and then transfer backups along with the patched boot image to your PC for safekeeping and flash the patched boot.img in fastboot. You can rename any .bin files to .img to flash them if they get extracted as a .bin file. Check your settings in the partitions Backup and Restore app before starting the backup process. You can choose to save them in an easy to find directory and for me it was better to choose to save them RAW/uncompressed then just compress them all into a single archive rather than having a hundred separate archives for each individual partition because it makes it easier if you have to reflash things if you need to recover. You may want to disable battery optimization for the app because it takes a while to extract all the images doing a full backup but its well worth the wait time if it saves you from a brick later on

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Odd_Duck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you! I will look for guide and online on how extract boot.img from phone.
    I've already posted this a few times but just use DSU sideloader to boot a prerooted GSI then use Partitions Backup and Restore app from playstore to save copies on your device. Install magisk app and patch the extracted boot.img and then transfer backups along with the patched boot image to your PC for safekeeping and flash the patched boot.img in fastboot. You can rename any .bin files to .img to flash them if they get extracted as a .bin file. Check your settings in the partitions Backup and Restore app before starting the backup process. You can choose to save them in an easy to find directory and for me it was better to choose to save them RAW/uncompressed then just compress them all into a single archive rather than having a hundred separate archives for each individual partition because it makes it easier if you have to reflash things if you need to recover. You may want to disable battery optimization for the app because it takes a while to extract all the images doing a full backup but its well worth the wait time if it saves you from a brick later on