• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM FIXED!!!

Search This thread

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM
2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
3A. Local update OB1 zip (turn wifi off before reboot!)
3B. Enjoy Signal 📶 wipe data (for lag)
No need to flash modem again

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN msm or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
run msm, don't touch until boot
move both 9.9 & OB1 zip to device
local update 9.9, reboot
local update OB1, turn wifi off, reboot
PLEASE NOTE
Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...
Flash whatever you like, modem stays

FASTBOOT IMGS
--- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs
- This will be left here for users with
other variants but have Tmobile service
- Just use mdm flasher, unzip and run bat file

visit TG for Tmobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram:

Donations welcomed:
CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
@Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

Attachments

• TmoModemFlasher_7.7.zip
    176.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Do you think this modem could benefit me any on AA version using TMobile as my provider or any ups or downs? I guess I could always try after making a backup to my modern, do y'all think so? Edit- I just flashed it and everything seems to be ok so far. How I did it was I made a backup of my modem, & then replaced the files with the ones you posted. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Libra420T

car king

Mar 11, 2017
This thread is created to provide all who need T-Mobile Modem.img, from loss of service due to an OTA, Flashing, or EU Conversion..

Also to prevent cluttering up other threads with same question. 👍

--- FASTBOOT IMG (11.2.3.3)
Unzip image, move to PC 🔄
Reboot to Bootloader
fastboot command
"fastboot flash modem *modem.img"
*Replace modem with tmobile modem.
Flash A/B

---TWRP BACKUPS (11.2.5.5)
Unzip file, move to twrp folder
reboot recovery, Restore, Select file,
Flash on Modem partition, reboot

Good luck & Happy Flashing 😊👍

**Edit:
If from Tmobile, flashing to custom rom service will be fine. since dual sim isn't a thing for NA..
-If using EU conversion to avoid unlock.bin, then you absolutely need to flash modem after every update...

***Reason to use:
OTA update causes Tmo modem to be replaced..
-EU does the same...
-Or just want Tmo modem instead of stock because you have tmobile service.

img=11.2.3.3 twrp zip=11.2.5.

anyone experience on qulacome dump crush page ??after flashing tmobile modem
?

RumRunner19

Mar 28, 2021
Although I have managed to root, use Magisk, flash Omega multiple times, take OnePlus updates, I am unsure about the instructions in the first post. It seems like a mixture of steps and comments. Sorry for my noob-ness. Can I flash this modem (I am a TMobile user) using Franco Kernal Manager? If not can someone list the exact steps for fastboot?
Thanks, I appreciate it!

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Question: op9, I have converted from tmobile to Global(AA) and have experienced no calls inbound/outbound. Flashed non-hlos from Tmo and things got worse. Wondering if the 11.2.5.5 on AA will persist with issue or resolve. The one I flashed was from 11.2.3.3 I believe

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
I pulled the modem files to the 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile firmware for the OnePlus 9 Pro if you want them. If it helps anyone. I do seem to get much better service on the 5.5 modem than I did with the 2.2 modem.

In my room, I always got 1 to 2 bars. I now get 3 to 4. Granted, I use Wi-Fi most of the time, but my 5G is faster than the Wi-Fi here due to not being able to get good internet out here.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I pulled the modem files to the 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile firmware for the OnePlus 9 Pro if you want them. If it helps anyone. I do seem to get much better service on the 5.5 modem than I did with the 2.2 modem.

In my room, I always got 1 to 2 bars. I now get 3 to 4. Granted, I use Wi-Fi most of the time, but my 5G is faster than the Wi-Fi here due to not being able to get good internet out here.
yes of course if you have 5.5 img please upload 😊 👍, I only have 5.5 for twrp and 3.3 as img.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b modem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    hope you all enjoy
    Anyone willing to flash back to tmobile 11.2.3.3 (via Tmo MSM), and backup every single img; compress & share here or TG for me? 🤔
    fizzy and libra420t

tmo flasher has a script error in the .bat file. modem
    _b.img is mkdem_b.img

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
    Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM
    2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
    3A. Local update OB1 zip (turn wifi off before reboot!)
    3B. Enjoy Signal 📶 wipe data (for lag)
    No need to flash modem again

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN msm or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
    run msm, don't touch until boot
    move both 9.9 & OB1 zip to device
    local update 9.9, reboot
    local update OB1, turn wifi off, reboot
    PLEASE NOTE
    Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...
    Flash whatever you like, modem stays

FASTBOOT IMGS
    --- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs
    - This will be left here for users with
    other variants but have Tmobile service
    - Just use mdm flasher, unzip and run bat file

visit TG for Tmobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram:

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍
    Holy crap guys,
    don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍
    DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.
    Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b modem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.