• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM FIXED!!!

Search This thread
Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b mkdem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

There is typo in the 2nd fastboot cmd.
I got the following error when fastboot flash modemst1/2...

fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'modemst1' (3072 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.077s]
writing 'modemst1'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
)

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Holy crap guys,
don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.

Last edited:
Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info and IMEI. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose your IMEI / all cellular capability (if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Question: op9, I have converted from tmobile to Global(AA) and have experienced no calls inbound/outbound. Flashed non-hlos from Tmo and things got worse. Wondering if the 11.2.5.5 on AA will persist with issue or resolve. The one I flashed was from 11.2.3.3 I believe
Don't use a OP9P NON-HLOS on a OP9, there are obvious differences.

So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img
Yes, that should be the only thing you touch

Reactions: xpdragon

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Don't use a OP9P NON-HLOS on a OP9, there are obvious differences.

Yes, that should be the only thing you touch
Do you have the op9 modems? I'm experiencing something weird now. MSM back to stock,sim picking up as dual sim now? With?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-075418.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-075418.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 47

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you have the op9 modems? I'm experiencing something weird now. MSM back to stock,sim picking up as dual sim now? With?
No, I never owned a OP9 but the conversion thread's OP has a Tmo modem in his conversion package. Give that a shot.
As for the SIM strangeness... if you did flash someone else's modemst, they are not touched by MSM. You need to flash your backup back onto the device. If you didn't make a backup, you are pretty f'd, just hope it works... =/

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
No, I never owned a OP9 but the conversion thread's OP has a Tmo modem in his conversion package. Give that a shot.
As for the SIM strangeness... if you did flash someone else's modemst, they are not touched by MSM. You need to flash your backup back onto the device. If you didn't make a backup, you are pretty f'd, just hope it works... =/
if im f'd ill just pay insurance $149 and get a new one. Im done flashing stuff already

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.
Yeah I mentioned earlier I had a 9 haha. Oh well. Another oneplus bites the dust for me. After this I'm done flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    Thread updated Guys 😊
    Get flashing, modem_b now included

Special Thanks to @FizzyAps for script 👍
    hope you all enjoy
    Anyone willing to flash back to tmobile 11.2.3.3 (via Tmo MSM), and backup every single img; compress & share here or TG for me? 🤔
    fizzy and libra420t

tmo flasher has a script error in the .bat file. modem
    _b.img is mkdem_b.img

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
    Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM
    2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
    3A. Local update OB1 zip (turn wifi off before reboot!)
    3B. Enjoy Signal 📶 wipe data (for lag)
    No need to flash modem again

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN msm or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
    run msm, don't touch until boot
    move both 9.9 & OB1 zip to device
    local update 9.9, reboot
    local update OB1, turn wifi off, reboot
    PLEASE NOTE
    Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...
    Flash whatever you like, modem stays

FASTBOOT IMGS
    --- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs
    - This will be left here for users with
    other variants but have Tmobile service
    - Just use mdm flasher, unzip and run bat file

visit TG for Tmobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram:

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍
    Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍
    DO NOT FLASH modemst1 or modemst2.

Thanks @craznazn. Will delete files from folder so the modem_a and modem_b are the only two files in there. Also, these are the modems from the Pro variant. OOS 11.2.5.5. T-Mobile firmware.

Edit: files removed.
    Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b modem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.