General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM RETENTION/DATA FIX

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
<Moderator Note>: Thread cleaned.

Always heed Rule 2.3 from 📚 XDA Developers Forum Rules 📚:
2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

If you feel that you can't reply to another user's post without breaking XDA's rules, then don't reply at all.

If another user breaks our rules, don't reply, only use the Report button on it.

Thank you!

@roirraW "edor" ehT

Reactions: TheSayaMan

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
1. Run TmoEU MSM
2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
3A. Local update OB1 zip
3B. Regardless at this point. Re-run TmoEu Msm to Lock-in Modem !!!
Reboot... Local update to global and take the updates to A12....
((((Going to oos/cos A12, Global build is need to be updated prior to taking A12 update. Only way data retain module will work.....))))

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

OOS/COS DATA FIX FOR A12 (ROOT)
MAGISK Module zip provided below...

I think I'm missing something.
Where are the global updates we are supposed to be local-flashing?
I didn't see any download links for these.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Isn't re-running MSM just undoing everything we did in steps 1-3?
You can use the oxygen updater to get the Global updates. You don't have to go through all this. My target is Europe. I just use the Europe MSM then take all local updates through the oxygen updater app. Just change your device in the Oxygen updater app to whatever you want. Europe, India or Global. In any case, your going to have to use the Magisk data retain module because once you update to 12, your not going to have service otherwise.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
You can use the oxygen updater to get the Global updates. You don't have to go through all this. My target is Europe. I just use the Europe MSM then take all local updates through the oxygen updater app. Just change your device in the Oxygen updater app to whatever you want. Europe, India or Global. In any case, your going to have to use the Magisk data retain module because once you update to 12, your not going to have service otherwise.

Thanks, I wish the OP would mention this and also list the appropriate filenames.

Also, to the OP.... the MSM tool [T-MobileStock-MSMTOOL11.2.6.6] you've got listed does not work for my phone at least.
I get "unsupported device" error.
Same with the MSM TheSayaMan listed earlier [TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)].

The one I downloaded last year seems to be working fine.
I can't seem to find where I originally downloaded it from.
Here's a screenshot of it.
1665345995992.png

And by working "fine" I just mean it put me back onto a TMO ROM.
But while my SIM is found, I'm not getting any data for some reason.
No cellular reception at all.

This whole thread has been an absolute disaster for me so far.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks, I wish the OP would mention this and also list the appropriate filenames.

Also, to the OP.... the MSM tool [T-MobileStock-MSMTOOL11.2.6.6] you've got listed does not work for my phone at least.
I get "unsupported device" error.
Same with the MSM TheSayaMan listed earlier [TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)].

The one I downloaded last year seems to be working fine.
I can't seem to find where I originally downloaded it from.
Here's a screenshot of it.
View attachment 5730855

And by working "fine" I just mean it put me back onto a TMO ROM.
But while my SIM is found, I'm not getting any data for some reason.
No cellular reception at all.

This whole thread has been an absolute disaster for me so far.
That appears to be the T-Mobile MSM. Did you convert your phone to another variant? If you used the India, Europe or Global MSM then your target is permanent changed and can't be changed back. You would have to use a IN or EU back to TMobile stock MSM to return to TMobile stock. Also when you are using the MSM tool, make sure that only auto reboot and lite Firehose are check marked.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
If you used the India, Europe or Global MSM then your target is permanent changed and can't be changed back.

Since when?
I've never had problems until I came to this thread and used the files listed within it.
I've MSM my TMO phone to EU a dozen times over the last year and never had problems MSM back to TMO before.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Since when?
I've never had problems until I came to this thread and used the files listed within it.
I've MSM my TMO phone to EU a dozen times over the last year and never had problems MSM back to TMO before.
Yes I'm just saying you would have to use the EU back to T-Mobile stock MSM to get back. The regular T-Mobile MSM will not work ever again once you converted it to EU.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Yes I'm just saying you would have to use the EU back to T-Mobile stock MSM to get back. The regular T-Mobile MSM will not work ever again once you converted it to EU.

I'm not following you? Both of the MSM listed below gave me the MSM error in the screenshot below when I tried to go back from the EU ROM listed in the OP, back to TMO ROM. One of them is the MSM you recommended to another XDA'er.

• TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)
  • IN-EU_Return-to-Stock

1665348225063.png
As mentioned, I had to use an old TMO MSM tool to get me back to TMO.
1665348407112.png

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's all based on whatever your target is. The IN-EU_Return-to-Stock is misleading. That's for India Target only actually. Only the EU Target back to TMobile will work. I've been down this road before and got help from another member to get me back to TMobile stock. I would recommend just going back to TMobile stock and you can always flash roms after that if you want to. That whole data retain thing is annoying to me and in my case I don't wish to keep root which is what you are required to do if you stay on Global.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Well, moving on from the MSM conversation.... I've already MSM'd back to T-Mobile. Twice.
And I have no data service.

My SIM is detected as T-Mobile but I get "No Service" in my status.

So, I tried MSM to EU and left it at Android 11 and installed Magisk.
Then, I ran the TmoModemFlasher_8.8 with no change in problem.
Then, I ran the Data_Retain.zip and still no change in problem.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well, moving on from the MSM conversation.... I've already MSM'd back to T-Mobile. Twice.

The modem flasher isn't going to fix the no sim issue. That happens because the Global, EU and India a12 firmware will show 2 sims which we only have one and the data retain module will allow it to show 1 sim and get it to work. You also have to do local updates to a12. Doing auto updates through system updates is going to cause problems also. Just stick with T-Mobile stock and you will be fine.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
The modem flasher isn't going to fix the no sim issue. That happens because the Global, EU and India a12 firmware will show 2 sims which we only have one and the data retain module will allow it to show 1 sim and get it to work. You also have to do local updates to a12. Doing auto updates through system updates is going to cause problems also. Just stick with T-Mobile stock and you will be fine.
I don't think you're reading what I'm typing.

I don't have a No SIM issue. I have never had that issue.
I have a "No Service" issue.
My problem was also on T-Mobile stock.

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro

Flash the TMO non-halos.bin to modem in fastboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
    Backup your damn data!!!

1. Run TmoEU MSM
    2. local update 11.2.10.10AA zip
    (Global very important)
    3A. OTA update OOS12, OTA to OOS13
    3B. Regardless at this point. Re-run TmoEu Msm to Lock-in Modem !!!
    Now follow again...
    Reboot... Unlock, Local update to 10.10AA, and take the updates to OOS13....

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

OOS/COS DATA FIX FOR A12 (ROOT) {DEPRECIATED}
    MAGISK Module zip provided below...
    ((((Going to OOS12 & OOS13, Global build will need to be updated prior to taking A12 update. Only way data retain module will work.....))))

(link)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

---ONLY USE TO GO BACK FOR WARRANTY & TRADE PURPOSES 👇 👇
    Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will not be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)

INCASE YOU MESSED UP OR HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SAVE DEVICE BY USING IN OR EU MSM'S. THERE IS A FIX!!.

-Modded MSM to take you back to TMobile Stock.....

TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's right here.

DOWNLOADS

All Files Located Here!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

FASTBOOT IMGS

(A11 only)
    (DO NOT FLASH MODEM IMG VIA OOS A12 & A13)
    (CRASH DUMP & DEATH WILL OCCUR)

- This will be left here for users with Non-Tmo variant, but have T-mobile service and need access to bands.
    - Just use modem flasher, unzip and run .bat file (A11 only)

visit TG for T-mobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on TELEGRAM

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517
    for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps
    for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him T-mobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

@twinnfamous
    For providing data retain module.
    Flasher.zip updated to latest 8.8 modem 👍... Sorry about the delay guys, just been dealing with a lot......
    Holy crap guys,
    don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍