General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM RETENTION/DATA FIX

Search This thread

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
9. If I may add, tried the Beta and had no data signal only wifi. Did a fresh install.
Tmo to Global conversion
Unlock Bootloader
Local Update to 11.2.9.9
Local Update to Beta
Tried a Factory Reset and same.
I am on 11.2.9.9 global now. I have installed TMobile modems and Bluetooth images. Haven't done the Beta again
Do you mind to share the bluetooth.imgs for TMobile? I only backup boot,dtbo,persist.img forgot to back up Bluetooth.img if you thx in advance

sunxutian

Jan 22, 2015
Somehow with this MSM I get signal on OOS11 (now I am on 11.2.10.10) but once I updated from 11.2.9.9 to OB1 or OB2, sometime I only see 2 empty sim card icon on my status bar and I need to wait a while (toggle WIFI sometime) to make the data back, but on OB3 I lose my data totally, no matter how hard I try.

I stay at 12.10.10 atm and hope the stable OOS12 would work. But what's good is with this MSM I don't need to unlock my BL to get data, so I am wondering does this MSM bake the TM modem inside, if it is, which version is it?

Thanks

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
Somehow with this MSM I get signal on OOS11 (now I am on 11.2.10.10) but once I updated from 11.2.9.9 to OB1 or OB2, sometime I only see 2 empty sim card icon on my status bar and I need to wait a while (toggle WIFI sometime) to make the data back, but on OB3 I lose my data totally, no matter how hard I try.

I stay at 12.10.10 atm and hope the stable OOS12 would work. But what's good is with this MSM I don't need to unlock my BL to get data, so I am wondering does this MSM bake the TM modem inside, if it is, which version is it?

Thanks
it acts like it should have originally. Not having to worry about a modem img.... nothing crazy, just doesn't replace param & modem stuff. it's not about what version, it's like any other TMO 1+ device, simple conversion. Only thing different with tmo 9pro is modem issue., Y? idk been asking 1+ since release......

Last edited:

gcap18

Anyone having any luck with this guide ?
no. i followed the instructions exactly and then some (unlocking my bootloader again, that step wasn't listed in the procedures). right now, i'm stuck with two empty sim card slots on OB1 and no mobile data working. tried to flash modems again. just save yourself the trouble and avoid.

hopefully the TMO OP10P doesn't have these modem issues. if so, I'm just going to cut my losses and buy direct from OP and try to sell my OP9P via third party.

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM
2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
3A. Local update OB1 zip (turn wifi off before reboot!)
3B. Enjoy Signal 📶 wipe data (for lag)
No need to flash modem again

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
run msm, don't touch until boot
move both 9.9 & OB1 zip to device
local update 9.9, reboot
local update OB1, turn wifi off, reboot
PLEASE NOTE
Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...
Flash whatever you like, modem stays

FASTBOOT IMGS
--- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs
- This will be left here for users with
IN, EU, & china variants (NA(global already has T-Mobile bands) but have Tmobile service and need access to bands.
- Just use modem flasher, unzip and run bat file

visit TG for Tmobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram

Donations welcomed:
CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
@Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

Will the modem.img be updated with subsequent T-Mobile firmware updates?

lgv20v30

Apr 16, 2019
Flasher.zip updated to latest 8.8 modem 👍... Sorry about the delay guys, just been dealing with a lot......
So android 12 open beta 2, ob3 installation (local update) won't overwrite the modem_a , modem_b and can continue to use this 8.8 modem from android 11, correct ?

Can the 8.8 modem also work for Android 12 Developer Preview 2 ? Thanks

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
Starting from stock T-Mobile..
As long as you have ran TmoEu MSM than made your way to any Open Beta then TmoEu again. You can then take local ota's without losing Tmo modem. 👍
Otherwise trying to flash modem img on A12 will result in crashdump.
Also there is now a root fix for Tmo model on OOS/COS 12 for both 9 and pro 😁

lgv20v30

Apr 16, 2019
Starting from stock T-Mobile..
As long as you have ran TmoEu MSM than made your way to any Open Beta then TmoEu again. You can then take local ota's without losing Tmo modem. 👍
Otherwise trying to flash modem img on A12 will result in crashdump.
Also there is now a root fix for Tmo model on OOS/COS 12 for both 9 and pro 😁
Thanks. Where is that root fix for Tmo model on OOS/COS 12 ?
After TmoEu MSM -> 11.2.9.9 -> OB1, I am seeing dual sim slots (same imei) in "about phone" but only 1st sim is detected (two sims are in sim tray). Is that the expected behavior ?

jruizdesign

Jun 15, 2012
whittier
OnePlus 9 Pro
so far, I managed to follow this guide completely and I'm pretty impressed. After the second local update to OB1, I did not have mobile data, but since I had rooted already in the between flashes i was able to flash the OOS/COS Data fix from the other post, rebooted and bam. 5G mobile data on android 12 works flawlessly.

My only question now is, ive made it this far and able to keep data....but if i update to the latest C44 will the modem stay in tact?

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
so far, I managed to follow this guide completely and I'm pretty impressed. After the second local update to OB1, I did not have mobile data, but since I had rooted already in the between flashes i was able to flash the OOS/COS Data fix from the other post, rebooted and bam. 5G mobile data on android 12 works flawlessly.

My only question now is, ive made it this far and able to keep data....but if i update to the latest C44 will the modem stay in tact?
The modem stays but you still have to use the data fix on C.44

Last edited:

lgv20v30

Apr 16, 2019
Is this way only for incremental OTA (online download / local zip)? If I run local upgrade with full OTA zip file, will it overwrite the modem ? Thanks

TLDR: Didn't follow guide, went to c44 instead of OB1, data didn't work. 30 min later it did, but was on and off. 12 hours later, working non-stop, and good speeds without any changes.

I have an interesting experience I would like to share that came from this guide.
I want to note, i did not follow it completely.

Long story short, I had used a method to get over to EU as soon as the first one was available, and was patching the modem after every update. Then came along C44, and i went to do what i usually do, install the update -> flash modem -> BAM. But, alas that did not work for me. So after a couple of hours of tinkering, I bricked my phone (without backing up anything of course because for some reason I trust myself too much) and then came here.

So here's what I did from this guide.
run msm -> local update 9.9 -> local update to C44 (i had WiFi off as the guide mentioned) from this thread
And then I wiped my device from the fastboot menu.

I just got done with the update and after losing 5 or so hours to my phone, I had to be somewhere in an hour. So I was anxiously waiting for the phone to reboot. It came on, no data. I tried restarting, and reinserting the sim and some other things, not actually touching the modem or files because I didn't have time, but nothing worked. After about 15 minutes, I gave up. Defeated and angry I left my phone on the desk and went to get dressed.

I would have to fix it later. I even was considering going back to stock because the TMO 9 pro has been a pain.

Fast forward 20 or so minutes, I come back to my phone, and to my amazement, I have 5G, and even the Voice over LTE icon. I was like holy crap. Grabbed my phone with nothing on it, and installed a music app so i could listen to it in the car. This is where the happiness ended. It was strange it would work for 1-2 minutes, and then disapear, and act like there was no SIM card inserted for a minute or two, and them come back on. This made me more mad than it not working at all honestly, but fortuneatly I was on my way to a bar, so I could drown my phone sorrows there.

When I got there, I was trying to get a couple of apps on my phone so I could message my friends and check where they were. But with the constant switching from working to not working, it became impossible and I swollowed my pride and asked the bartender for the WIFI password. Got in touch with my friends, put my phone away for the rest of the night, and proceeded to drink the night away (yes on a Monday).

I made it home, and in bed, and went to sleep. Then I woke up Tuesday and got ready for work. I grabbed my phone out of habbit, but didn't think it was going to be useful. However, while at work, messaging friends, i was pleasently surprised to find out that it is no longer cutting in and out. It's just working fine. No changes on my part.

I'm scared to turn it off, but maybe i will for science. Besides that, my phone and network are snappy, but thats probably partly due to the fact that i wiped everything.

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
Funny you say this. Here's a list of my notes edited from beginning to almost end 😂
Read alternative option #2 👍.
Screenshot_20220126-163255_Keep Notes.png

• Haha
Reactions: Mbektic

jruizdesign

Jun 15, 2012
whittier
OnePlus 9 Pro
TLDR: Didn't follow guide, went to c44 instead of OB1, data didn't work. 30 min later it did, but was on and off. 12 hours later, working non-stop, and good speeds without any changes.

I have an interesting experience I would like to share that came from this guide.
I want to note, i did not follow it completely.

Long story short, I had used a method to get over to EU as soon as the first one was available, and was patching the modem after every update. Then came along C44, and i went to do what i usually do, install the update -> flash modem -> BAM. But, alas that did not work for me. So after a couple of hours of tinkering, I bricked my phone (without backing up anything of course because for some reason I trust myself too much) and then came here.

So here's what I did from this guide.
run msm -> local update 9.9 -> local update to C44 (i had WiFi off as the guide mentioned) from this thread
And then I wiped my device from the fastboot menu.

I just got done with the update and after losing 5 or so hours to my phone, I had to be somewhere in an hour. So I was anxiously waiting for the phone to reboot. It came on, no data. I tried restarting, and reinserting the sim and some other things, not actually touching the modem or files because I didn't have time, but nothing worked. After about 15 minutes, I gave up. Defeated and angry I left my phone on the desk and went to get dressed.

I would have to fix it later. I even was considering going back to stock because the TMO 9 pro has been a pain.

Fast forward 20 or so minutes, I come back to my phone, and to my amazement, I have 5G, and even the Voice over LTE icon. I was like holy crap. Grabbed my phone with nothing on it, and installed a music app so i could listen to it in the car. This is where the happiness ended. It was strange it would work for 1-2 minutes, and then disapear, and act like there was no SIM card inserted for a minute or two, and them come back on. This made me more mad than it not working at all honestly, but fortuneatly I was on my way to a bar, so I could drown my phone sorrows there.

When I got there, I was trying to get a couple of apps on my phone so I could message my friends and check where they were. But with the constant switching from working to not working, it became impossible and I swollowed my pride and asked the bartender for the WIFI password. Got in touch with my friends, put my phone away for the rest of the night, and proceeded to drink the night away (yes on a Monday).

I made it home, and in bed, and went to sleep. Then I woke up Tuesday and got ready for work. I grabbed my phone out of habbit, but didn't think it was going to be useful. However, while at work, messaging friends, i was pleasently surprised to find out that it is no longer cutting in and out. It's just working fine. No changes on my part.

I'm scared to turn it off, but maybe i will for science. Besides that, my phone and network are snappy, but thats probably partly due to the fact that i wiped everything.
Dude this is my EXACT situation. The first time, I used the EU conversion and then followed this guide exactly each local update to OB1 and data worked great! On problem was OB1 was a 2125 version which didn't let me local update to C44. Then with more tinkering I bricked it of course .... Then I decide to to the same thing you described 9.9 to C44, just with root...and when I got to c44 I flashed the fix in magisk. And I've been stuck on h+.

I read somewhere that it was magisk the is breaking the 5g. Are you rooted?
And the data fix may be keeping me on h+ because I wasn't patient enough to wait...

More testing I suppose.
Glad to hear it's possible though!

Also, when you got to c44 did it show two empty sim slots? Because that's where it would seem that it can't fix itself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forgot to mention, guide updated.
    Definitely will want to read it again 🧐
    Enjoy & stay safe 👍

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
    Backup your damn data!!!

1. Run TmoEU MSM
    2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
    3A. Local update OB1 zip
    3B. Regardless at this point. Re-run TmoEu Msm to Lock-in Modem !!!
    Reboot... Local update to global and take the updates to A12....
    ((((Going to oos/cos A12, Global build is need to be updated prior to taking A12 update. Only way data retain module will work.....))))

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

OOS/COS DATA FIX FOR A12 (ROOT)
    MAGISK Module zip provided below...

(link)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

---ONLY USE TO GO BACK FOR WARRANTY & TRADE PURPOSES 👇 👇
    Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will not be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)

INCASE YOU MESSED UP OR HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SAVE DEVICE BY USING IN OR EU MSM'S. THERE IS A FIX!!.

-Modded MSM to take you back to TMobile Stock.....

TMO_MSM(IN-EU_Return-to-Stock)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

FASTBOOT IMGS

(A11 only)
    (DO NOT FLASH MODEM IMG VIA A12)
    (CRASH DUMP & DEATH WILL OCCUR)

- This will be left here for users with Non-Tmo variant, but have T-mobile service and need access to bands.
    - Just use modem flasher, unzip and run .bat file

visit TG for T-mobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517
    for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps
    for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him T-mobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

@twinnfamous
    For providing data retain module.
    Flasher.zip updated to latest 8.8 modem 👍... Sorry about the delay guys, just been dealing with a lot......
    Holy crap guys,
    don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍