• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [TMO] 9 PRO MODEM RETENTION

Search This thread

EXPLICITLY FOR TMOBILE 9 PRO

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

NO MORE MODEM FLASHING!!!

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Now the Fun Part (SIMPLE)
Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM
2. local update 11.2.9.9 zip
3A. Local update OB1 zip (turn wifi off before reboot!)
3B. Enjoy Signal 📶 wipe data (for lag)
No need to flash modem again

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
run msm, don't touch until boot
move both 9.9 & OB1 zip to device
local update 9.9, reboot
local update OB1, turn wifi off, reboot
PLEASE NOTE
Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...
Flash whatever you like, modem stays

FASTBOOT IMGS
--- Fastboot Flash Modems Imgs
- This will be left here for users with
IN, EU, & china variants (NA(global already has T-Mobile bands) but have Tmobile service and need access to bands.
- Just use modem flasher, unzip and run bat file

visit TG for Tmobile 9 pro for community growth and helpful conversations 👇👇

Join «T-Mobile Oneplus 9 Pro Support» on Telegram

Donations welcomed:
CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
@Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

Attachments

• TmoModemFlasher_8.8.zip
    176.1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
In my experience, using my own modem seemed to work better, not exactly sure why. I got slower speeds flashing someone else's modem.

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
OnePlus 9 Pro
Do you think this modem could benefit me any on AA version using TMobile as my provider or any ups or downs? I guess I could always try after making a backup to my modern, do y'all think so? Edit- I just flashed it and everything seems to be ok so far. How I did it was I made a backup of my modem, & then replaced the files with the ones you posted. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Libra420T

car king

Mar 11, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
This thread is created to provide all who need T-Mobile Modem.img, from loss of service due to an OTA, Flashing, or EU Conversion..

Also to prevent cluttering up other threads with same question. 👍

--- FASTBOOT IMG (11.2.3.3)
Unzip image, move to PC 🔄
Reboot to Bootloader
fastboot command
"fastboot flash modem *modem.img"
*Replace modem with tmobile modem.
Flash A/B

---TWRP BACKUPS (11.2.5.5)
Unzip file, move to twrp folder
reboot recovery, Restore, Select file,
Flash on Modem partition, reboot

Good luck & Happy Flashing 😊👍

**Edit:
If from Tmobile, flashing to custom rom service will be fine. since dual sim isn't a thing for NA..
-If using EU conversion to avoid unlock.bin, then you absolutely need to flash modem after every update...

***Reason to use:
OTA update causes Tmo modem to be replaced..
-EU does the same...
-Or just want Tmo modem instead of stock because you have tmobile service.

img=11.2.3.3 twrp zip=11.2.5.

anyone experience on qulacome dump crush page ??after flashing tmobile modem
?

RumRunner19

Mar 28, 2021
Although I have managed to root, use Magisk, flash Omega multiple times, take OnePlus updates, I am unsure about the instructions in the first post. It seems like a mixture of steps and comments. Sorry for my noob-ness. Can I flash this modem (I am a TMobile user) using Franco Kernal Manager? If not can someone list the exact steps for fastboot?
Thanks, I appreciate it!

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I pulled the modem files to the 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile firmware for the OnePlus 9 Pro if you want them. If it helps anyone. I do seem to get much better service on the 5.5 modem than I did with the 2.2 modem.

In my room, I always got 1 to 2 bars. I now get 3 to 4. Granted, I use Wi-Fi most of the time, but my 5G is faster than the Wi-Fi here due to not being able to get good internet out here.

Reactions: Samuel Holland
I pulled the modem files to the 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile firmware for the OnePlus 9 Pro if you want them. If it helps anyone. I do seem to get much better service on the 5.5 modem than I did with the 2.2 modem.

In my room, I always got 1 to 2 bars. I now get 3 to 4. Granted, I use Wi-Fi most of the time, but my 5G is faster than the Wi-Fi here due to not being able to get good internet out here.
yes of course if you have 5.5 img please upload 😊 👍, I only have 5.5 for twrp and 3.3 as img.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b modem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Holland

xpdragon

Okay, gimme a few. Gotta start up my ancient laptop and throw it on the otg drive, upload it to gdrive, and I'll post the link here. 😎

Edit: Link Posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LFEy0q58Dke1t_Uh7bdTxdp-wY0YFs_Z?usp=sharing

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable. Modemst1/st2 have to be flashed via fastbootd.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img

Fastboot flash mkdem_b mkdem_b.img

Fastboot reboot fastboot

Fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img

Fastboot flash modemst2 modemst2.img

Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

There is typo in the 2nd fastboot cmd.
I got the following error when fastboot flash modemst1/2...

fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'modemst1' (3072 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.077s]
writing 'modemst1'...
FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
)

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Holy crap guys,
don't mess with or share modemst1/2

DON'T MESS WITH OR SHARE MODEMST1/2

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.

Last edited:

xpdragon

Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info and IMEI. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose your IMEI / all cellular capability (if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Question: op9, I have converted from tmobile to Global(AA) and have experienced no calls inbound/outbound. Flashed non-hlos from Tmo and things got worse. Wondering if the 11.2.5.5 on AA will persist with issue or resolve. The one I flashed was from 11.2.3.3 I believe
Don't use a OP9P NON-HLOS on a OP9, there are obvious differences.

So flashing the 2 cmds below should still be good for modem, right?

fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img
Yes, that should be the only thing you touch

Reactions: xpdragon

Top Liked Posts

TLDR: Didn't follow guide, went to c44 instead of OB1, data didn't work. 30 min later it did, but was on and off. 12 hours later, working non-stop, and good speeds without any changes.

I have an interesting experience I would like to share that came from this guide.
    I want to note, i did not follow it completely.

Long story short, I had used a method to get over to EU as soon as the first one was available, and was patching the modem after every update. Then came along C44, and i went to do what i usually do, install the update -> flash modem -> BAM. But, alas that did not work for me. So after a couple of hours of tinkering, I bricked my phone (without backing up anything of course because for some reason I trust myself too much) and then came here.

So here's what I did from this guide.
    run msm -> local update 9.9 -> local update to C44 (i had WiFi off as the guide mentioned) from this thread
    And then I wiped my device from the fastboot menu.

I just got done with the update and after losing 5 or so hours to my phone, I had to be somewhere in an hour. So I was anxiously waiting for the phone to reboot. It came on, no data. I tried restarting, and reinserting the sim and some other things, not actually touching the modem or files because I didn't have time, but nothing worked. After about 15 minutes, I gave up. Defeated and angry I left my phone on the desk and went to get dressed.

I would have to fix it later. I even was considering going back to stock because the TMO 9 pro has been a pain.

Fast forward 20 or so minutes, I come back to my phone, and to my amazement, I have 5G, and even the Voice over LTE icon. I was like holy crap. Grabbed my phone with nothing on it, and installed a music app so i could listen to it in the car. This is where the happiness ended. It was strange it would work for 1-2 minutes, and then disapear, and act like there was no SIM card inserted for a minute or two, and them come back on. This made me more mad than it not working at all honestly, but fortuneatly I was on my way to a bar, so I could drown my phone sorrows there.

When I got there, I was trying to get a couple of apps on my phone so I could message my friends and check where they were. But with the constant switching from working to not working, it became impossible and I swollowed my pride and asked the bartender for the WIFI password. Got in touch with my friends, put my phone away for the rest of the night, and proceeded to drink the night away (yes on a Monday).

I made it home, and in bed, and went to sleep. Then I woke up Tuesday and got ready for work. I grabbed my phone out of habbit, but didn't think it was going to be useful. However, while at work, messaging friends, i was pleasently surprised to find out that it is no longer cutting in and out. It's just working fine. No changes on my part.

I'm scared to turn it off, but maybe i will for science. Besides that, my phone and network are snappy, but thats probably partly due to the fact that i wiped everything.
    Funny you say this. Here's a list of my notes edited from beginning to almost end 😂
    Read alternative option #2 👍.
    Screenshot_20220126-163255_Keep Notes.png
    Funny you say this. Here's a list of my notes edited from beginning to almost end 😂
    View attachment 5519873

Is there any advantage of method #2 over method #1 ? Does method #1 's modem (10.10AA) perform better ? Thanks
    so far, I managed to follow this guide completely and I'm pretty impressed. After the second local update to OB1, I did not have mobile data, but since I had rooted already in the between flashes i was able to flash the OOS/COS Data fix from the other post, rebooted and bam. 5G mobile data on android 12 works flawlessly.

My only question now is, ive made it this far and able to keep data....but if i update to the latest C44 will the modem stay in tact?
    The modem stays but you still have to use the data fix on C.44

(I'm not responsible for your failure to read or bricked issues, but will help assist.)

First off I can't stress enough how much time and effort was put into this process, no amount of modem flashing, no signal, and device sacrifice would stop us. Not to mention this variant is treated with extreme prejudice from OnePlus 🤦‍♂️......

Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM

Use Tmobile MSM (Stock) to go back to complete stock. For warrenty, trade in purposes. No!, modem will not stick after ota, duh

[WARNING!!!]

--Do not use IN or EU MSM or you will never be able to go back to Tmobile stock(which voids everything with warrty, etc)

Now everything you need is available here on XDA, but for convenience it's all right here.

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
    local update 9.9, reboot
    PLEASE NOTE
    Signal may or may not show, if it does great carry on. Otherwise after reboot and no signal, running TmoEU again will provide full modem freedom...

FASTBOOT IMGS
    IN, EU, & china variants (NA(global already has T-Mobile bands) but have Tmobile service and need access to bands.

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:
    @Jhoopes517 for stumbling upon signal still being there. The amount of replicating is to die for 😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂

@FizzyAps for not sleeping, not even taking a damn break until it was explained & able to process😊 👍
    Without him Tmobile variant would be left in the dark.. So please appreciate his hard work and much more simplicity to come and for providing fastboot script 😊 👍

Will the modem.img be updated with subsequent T-Mobile firmware updates?
    Unfortunately yes.
    Heres thread
    TLDR: Didn't follow guide, went to c44 instead of OB1, data didn't work. 30 min later it did, but was on and off. 12 hours later, working non-stop, and good speeds without any changes.

I have an interesting experience I would like to share that came from this guide.
    I want to note, i did not follow it completely.

Long story short, I had used a method to get over to EU as soon as the first one was available, and was patching the modem after every update. Then came along C44, and i went to do what i usually do, install the update -> flash modem -> BAM. But, alas that did not work for me. So after a couple of hours of tinkering, I bricked my phone (without backing up anything of course because for some reason I trust myself too much) and then came here.

So here's what I did from this guide.
    run msm -> local update 9.9 -> local update to C44 (i had WiFi off as the guide mentioned) from this thread
    And then I wiped my device from the fastboot menu.

I just got done with the update and after losing 5 or so hours to my phone, I had to be somewhere in an hour. So I was anxiously waiting for the phone to reboot. It came on, no data. I tried restarting, and reinserting the sim and some other things, not actually touching the modem or files because I didn't have time, but nothing worked. After about 15 minutes, I gave up. Defeated and angry I left my phone on the desk and went to get dressed.

I would have to fix it later. I even was considering going back to stock because the TMO 9 pro has been a pain.

Fast forward 20 or so minutes, I come back to my phone, and to my amazement, I have 5G, and even the Voice over LTE icon. I was like holy crap. Grabbed my phone with nothing on it, and installed a music app so i could listen to it in the car. This is where the happiness ended. It was strange it would work for 1-2 minutes, and then disapear, and act like there was no SIM card inserted for a minute or two, and them come back on. This made me more mad than it not working at all honestly, but fortuneatly I was on my way to a bar, so I could drown my phone sorrows there.

When I got there, I was trying to get a couple of apps on my phone so I could message my friends and check where they were. But with the constant switching from working to not working, it became impossible and I swollowed my pride and asked the bartender for the WIFI password. Got in touch with my friends, put my phone away for the rest of the night, and proceeded to drink the night away (yes on a Monday).

I made it home, and in bed, and went to sleep. Then I woke up Tuesday and got ready for work. I grabbed my phone out of habbit, but didn't think it was going to be useful. However, while at work, messaging friends, i was pleasently surprised to find out that it is no longer cutting in and out. It's just working fine. No changes on my part.

I'm scared to turn it off, but maybe i will for science. Besides that, my phone and network are snappy, but thats probably partly due to the fact that i wiped everything.
    Screenshot_20220126-163255_Keep Notes.png

Backup your damn data 😂

1. Run TmoEU MSM

AS LONG AS YOU ONLY USE TmoEU MSM as your unbrick tool

[WARNING!!!]

DOWNLOADS

1.) TmoEU MSM

2.) 11.2.9.9

3.) LE2125_OB1

Download files​

unzip msm
    local update 9.9, reboot
    PLEASE NOTE

FASTBOOT IMGS

Donations welcomed:
    CASHAPP

PAYPAL

Special Thanks to:

Flasher.zip updated to latest 8.8 modem 👍... Sorry about the delay guys, just been dealing with a lot......
    Holy crap guys,

It contains your device specific info, device specific NV data, IMEI, etc. Flashing someone else's modemst will screw up your device and lose all cellular capability (and you are completely SOL if you don't have a backup), and someone with your modemst might be able to clone your IMEI.

This is why my guides all tell you to back them up, so you can restore it in case something goes wrong. You should not be messing with it unless you know what you're doing.

The only modem file you need to flash on to a OP9P conversion is modem.bin, AKA NON-HLOS.
    i mad a simple script just enable usb debugging and run bat itll do everything for you
    11.2.6.6 Modem uploaded 😊 👍