• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question TMO 9Pro flashed with EU version ROM - How to take updates?

Search This thread
Hi all,

I moved my TMO 9pro to the EU rom about six weeks ago. I cannot recall for sure when I first did this if I took the update via the oxygen updater method, or via local system update (which is what I am leaning towards I did).

Has the 11.2.9.9 version been released for the LE15BA models? If so, how did you all get this? I tried to download and install via the Oxygen updater, but just get System Update installation failed error.

I have no problem waiting for the actual version to arrive via OTA, but I wanted to check.

Thanks.

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
The new build is released for the eu model
and can be downloaded via oxygen updater.
sometimes the local updater reports an error, which usually helps after you have downloaded the build (and moved / copied it to the root directory of the internal memory) restart the mobile phone and then install the build using the local updater

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-012138.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-012138.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: AwkwardUberHero

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
sometimes the local updater reports an error, which usually helps after you have downloaded the build (and moved / copied it to the root directory of the internal memory) restart the mobile phone and then install the build using the local updater

Do not take the update without flashing the modem.bin afterwards, otherwise you will lose cell service. Don't update if you're not near a PC or don't have root or a custom recovery to flash the bin.

Are you downloading and installing the full version, or the incremental? I tried the incremental, and I get the error of system update installation failed.

I will flash the modem afterwards. I did not want to download and try and install the full version, the incremental keeps failing for me.

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
It's safer just to wait and upgrade, since the incremental and full upgrade may require you to flash the modem partition again.

Sawayny

Sep 24, 2021
As in normal I mean if I bought a Chinese version with a global rom will it function the same as a global version? I think the bands are all the same. Like will it get updates, Google pay ect. Any down sides? Thanks in advanced.

www.targetpayandbenefits.com

jcpenneyassociate

Nov 18, 2021
The new build is released for the eu model and can be downloaded via oxygen updater. sometimes the local updater reports an error, which usually helps after you have downloaded the build (and moved / copied it to the root directory of the internal memory) restart the mobile phone
jcp associate kiosk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.