TMO BB Connect for Wizard also works on Universal!

Search This thread

Wiz

Nov 13, 2003
Amsterdam
www.t-systems.com
I successfully installed and configured the recently published BB Connect program onto my Universal. T-Mobil Germany officially came out with the BB Connect add-on a few days back, and it turns out it actually is dual-platform-aware, Wizard and Universal.

It can be downloaded at ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uploads/HTC_Wizard/BB Connect/mdavario_sw_bb_03-2006.zip

There is one *but* though. Until now, I only got it to work on TMO-UKs 1.20 MDA PRO ROM, but my suspicion is that it actually has something to do with the radio version. BB Connect works flawlessly on radio versions 1.06 and below (I saw similar behaviour on the Blue Angel devices where radio versions beyond 1.13 could not made to work with BB Connect).

Anyway, although initially I could not get it to work with the Jasjar 1.20 rom, I must say I did use the 1.09 radio. I will be re-installing the Jasjar rom later today, this time with radio version 1.06 and report back on the results.

(While I was writing this, I heard my "T-Mobilized O2 XDA Exec" happily signalling the arrival of new mail :))

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
BB Connect working on MDA Pro

I can confirm that the BB Connect Client from the Wizard is working on my Universal.
It seems also correct that you have to have the t-mobile ROM installed. I tried it with the latest I-Mate ROM but it failed to connect after the initial setup. I then installed the lastest t-mobile ROM and now BB Connect is working like a charm...

Great stuff!!!

Cheers

tonyb15re

Feb 10, 2006
Blasingsmoke
I can confirm that it DOESNT work on O2 Rom with radio 1.06, with VF Account and DE TMOB BB.. I will try to do the tmob rom update in the next couple of days...

will the tmob rom and bb client work ok with a VF account??

tonyb15re

Feb 10, 2006
Blasingsmoke
took the leap this morning as it appears the rom has other useful things in like an updated BT stack for BT Caller ID Etc..

Bottom line is it all dropped in ok, have BB coming down from our BES, bizarre thing is though the from address is shown as an exchange address and not email, and I cant reply as yet.. maybe something on our BES server needs tweaking..

Anyone know how to remove the Tmob links on the Home Screen? I've changed the theme back to Windows Default for the time being but would like to remove some of the Today ICONS that TMob stick on there..

taurus_bull2005

Jan 7, 2006
Wiz said:
I successfully installed and configured the recently published BB Connect program onto my Universal. T-Mobil Germany officially came out with the BB Connect add-on a few days back, and it turns out it actually is dual-platform-aware, Wizard and Universal.

It can be downloaded at ftp://xda:[email protected]/Uploads/HTC_Wizard/BB Connect/mdavario_sw_bb_03-2006.zip

There is one *but* though. Until now, I only got it to work on TMO-UKs 1.20 MDA PRO ROM, but my suspicion is that it actually has something to do with the radio version. BB Connect works flawlessly on radio versions 1.06 and below (I saw similar behaviour on the Blue Angel devices where radio versions beyond 1.13 could not made to work with BB Connect).

Anyway, although initially I could not get it to work with the Jasjar 1.20 rom, I must say I did use the 1.09 radio. I will be re-installing the Jasjar rom later today, this time with radio version 1.06 and report back on the results.

(While I was writing this, I heard my "T-Mobilized O2 XDA Exec" happily signalling the arrival of new mail :))

Download link not working, can u please upload the same here.

Cheer, Taurus

stupiddog

May 28, 2005
Bonn
www.andreas-buschka.de
Not working on T-Mobile MDA Pro German

Hi tried this, but I cannot get it to connect to the BB server. The software lists IMEI and BB PIN. It seems to connect for one or two seconds (for that time, I see an IP address in the status window), but after that, it disconnects and stays that way.

I phoned T-Mobile MMS (Multimedia Services) yesterday and asked them about it. To my surprise, they did not try to shake me off because I was using a Vario software with my Universal, but honestly tried to reproduce my problem - and succeeded in that.

They told me that the BB client for T-Mobile MDA Pro German should be released "early in April", gave me a EUR 10 Bonus on my bill and told me to watch their homepage for the software update. I'm quite satisfied with that :)

taurus_bull2005

Jan 7, 2006
Wiz said:

Will this work for Any BB Enterprise server, Please clarify i wanted to get rid of the BB at the earliest & use my dopdo only

Cheers, Taurus

Works for me!!

It works for me... Radio Ver 1.09 o2 XDA exec... using it while roaming in Europe with T-Mobile USA Blackberry Intl Plan.. connects to both Instant Email and Enterprise. ... no probs... although it sucks compared to MS Direct Push... you need to switch APN's manually so that you can use PIE... also, it just feels like bloatware compared to the native push solution....i uninstalled it and continued using MS Direct Push...

baudy2

Nov 23, 2005
Geneva
Re: Works for me!!

alinefx said:
It works for me... Radio Ver 1.09 o2 XDA exec... using it while roaming in Europe with T-Mobile USA Blackberry Intl Plan.. connects to both Instant Email and Enterprise. ... no probs... although it sucks compared to MS Direct Push... you need to switch APN's manually so that you can use PIE... also, it just feels like bloatware compared to the native push solution....i uninstalled it and continued using MS Direct Push...

Could you, please, confirm which versions of ROM, RADIO and ExtROM you use ? The only combination i was able to runn BBCOnnect was T-Mobile ancient ROM 1.20.120. Others never worked.

Hang|man

Apr 13, 2006
I had to call T-Mobile, they reset my location data in their system and now my BB is working!

Next I am going to try to install the O2 ROM, I did a backup using Sprite Software 5.1 and will do a ROM upgrade from T-Mobile to O2 and see if the BB works with that....

jab

Mar 30, 2006
Austin
I posted this over in the wizard forum and was wondering if this was actually the better place.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=307453#307453
jab said:
Need some help.

Running a Univeral with the base TMO Rom 1.13.53 WWE and radio 1.03.01. I am running on the Cingular network.

I have installed the BB Connect software. It connected the moment the BES admin added me to the BES network, since then it has not really worked properly.

In looking at the Initial window for BB connect titled "Instant Email - ", I see Lookup, Settings, Register Now, Suspend and Hide enabled. Email Setup is disabled.

Under the Settings button I see:
Identity - my pin, my IMEI and sometimes an IP address.

Under the Status tab I see
Service: Not Connected, Data Tunnel Available, Network Available at different times, but typically Not Connected. I also believe that I see an IP address when I the state is on Network Available on the Identity tab, but since I can't see both tabs at the same time, I am not 100% certain.
I also have the option to suspend, restart, and uninstall on this screen. And a couple of Suspend Options.

Under the Service List, I see:
Blackberry [ALP]
Blackberry [CMIME]
Both of the above services are active. The CMIME Service has some synchronization options available.

Under the IT Policy tab, I see:
One was created yesterday and the name is default

Options Tab:

Connection: Blackberry Solution. Under the details button, APN -- blackberry.net, Username = rim, Password =password, IP Address - 206.51.26.189, Remote Port - 19781, Local POrt = 19780

Pim Tab:
Option to Sync Calendar.

About Tab:
Blackberry Version : 2.1.1.20
Transport Version 2.1.0.44
ROM Version: 1.13
System Version: 227.214.54.234
Device Type: HTC-Universal

Thanks,

JAB

Many thanks to whomever can assist me with this.

JAB