Question TMO cant get on latest OTA with modem

Search This thread

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
I can't get the modem to work on C61 or C47 for that matter. Please help.

1) MSM using "TMO-EU-MSM" package, which includes NON-HLOS.bin and says to flash it after an OTA.
2) Boot it, and OTA upgrade to last A11. (modem still works)
3) OTA upgrade to A12.
4) OTA upgrade to A12 C.61 (About screen says LE2123 and version screen C.61)
5) Boot, enable OEM Unlocking, bootloader
6) Flash TMO token, unlock, wipe, boot
7) Everything is good, I am now on latest and unlocked, but no SIM/modem.
8) Bootloader: fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
9) Crash-Dump :(

I have tried everything to get out of the broken state, wiping, flashing my original backed up modem_a and modem_b, flashing NON-HLOS.bin to both a and b, etc.

What is wrong with this TMO variant and A12? Can anyone help me out? I have done this so many times and wasted so many hours (was also installing Nameless, but finally figured out the modem alone kills everything). I don't want to MSM again unless I have to... but I think I just need to flash the correct modem file, because everything was working fine other than SIM, and all I did is flash the NON-HLOS to get it to this bricked state. What am I missing here, or is the TMO variant just trash for the latest builds?

NameIsOptional

May 15, 2022
USA
OnePlus 9 Pro
The conversion doesnt hold up when you go to custom roms. But if you want to find out for yourself. You can convert from Tmobiles latest update. The modem sticks if you update using global instead of EU. The conversion allows you to use global and Eu updates. You dont have to flash the modem. Just update to latest T-Mobile update, use convert msm, unlock bootloader before you update to android 12. But don't flash the modem. I'd suggest rooting before going to c48 or when OOS 12 installs. Because you'll need the data retention module so its recognized as one sim, not two. Then update to C.61 or C.62 making sure you use magisk to install to other slot after every update but before rebooting. But if you're doing it for the custom ROMs using new firmware. The Custom ROMs can be sideloaded to the T-Mobile variant also. The last update, 11_C.19, is the equivalent of C.61 or C.62 Just update all the way to 11_C.19 unlock bootloader and flash the recovery. Then adb sideload copy partitions so you have it in both slots. Reboot to bootloader, flash dtbo and vendor_boot. Then back to recovery for the ROM install. Unlike the conversion modem the T-Mobile modem works and I don't have to restart my phone 3-5 times hoping the sim is recognized or use the data retention module just to use OOS 12. I'm running CrDroid 8.7 05-08-2022 with no issues coming from T-Mobile firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: freshlysqueezed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The conversion doesnt hold up when you go to custom roms. But if you want to find out for yourself. You can convert from Tmobiles latest update. The modem sticks if you update using global instead of EU. The conversion allows you to use global and Eu updates. You dont have to flash the modem. Just update to latest T-Mobile update, use convert msm, unlock bootloader before you update to android 12. But don't flash the modem. I'd suggest rooting before going to c48 or when OOS 12 installs. Because you'll need the data retention module so its recognized as one sim, not two. Then update to C.61 or C.62 making sure you use magisk to install to other slot after every update but before rebooting. But if you're doing it for the custom ROMs using new firmware. The Custom ROMs can be sideloaded to the T-Mobile variant also. The last update, 11_C.19, is the equivalent of C.61 or C.62 Just update all the way to 11_C.19 unlock bootloader and flash the recovery. Then adb sideload copy partitions so you have it in both slots. Reboot to bootloader, flash dtbo and vendor_boot. Then back to recovery for the ROM install. Unlike the conversion modem the T-Mobile modem works and I don't have to restart my phone 3-5 times hoping the sim is recognized or use the data retention module just to use OOS 12. I'm running CrDroid 8.7 05-08-2022 with no issues coming from T-Mobile firmware.
    @NameIsOptional

Thanks for sharing the TMO c.19 modem. Along with the data retain magisk module, It works well when I converted to Oxygen OS global c.62.