How To Guide Tmo-eu (global) the way I did it.

Search This thread

Ultraman666

Apr 8, 2010
Kansas
Xiaomi Mi Mix
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well looks like being rooted and the bootloader unlocked no bueno, ugh looks like I will have to give it a go 🙂 Sooner than later lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-132350.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-132350.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 56

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
My back up was under 7gb?? How did yours reach 26gb?
Because you have to do it as raw image backup in the settings of the app. Mine was 6.4gb but I enabled tar.gz compression and raw image under settings and mine came to around what his was, but I horribly bricked my device and I followed his guide to a T. I used 11.2.4.4 though instead of 11.2.3.3, not sure if that mattered or not though. You can read what happened to me here:

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
My back up was under 7gb?? How did yours reach 26gb?
Because you have to do it as raw image backup in the settings of the app. Mine was 6.4gb but I enabled tar.gz compression and raw image under settings and mine came to around what his was, but I horribly bricked my device and I followed his guide to a T. I used 11.2.4.4 though instead of 11.2.3.3, not sure if that mattered or not though. You can read what happened to me here: (The last few posts by me).
Please let me know if you were successful or not.

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
here is updated flash all with modems and corrected typo..... just dump all the tmobile modems in teh same folder and go change to .bat on windows

Attachments

• flashall.sh.zip
    575 bytes · Views: 42
Last edited:

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mine was doing the same thing yesterday when I converted. The computer only recognized it for a split second so what I had to do was type the command in powershell/prompt, reboot to bootloader from the phone, and immediately once it goes into bootloader, press enter and issue the command. If I didn't do it fast enough, pc wouldn't recognize the phone, and I'd have to reboot to bootloader again from the phone. Once I was in fastbootd, the same thing happened, so while I was in fastbootd, if the pc didn't recognize it, I'd unplug it and plug it back in and then I ran the updated flashall.

MStrawder

Aug 19, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
I had similar issues. Using the guide I linked earlier and flashing some partitions in regular Fastboot, one at a time, allowed me to get enough running again to get to FastbootD. I was sure I was screwed. Even when I got to FastbootD, my PC wouldn't recognize the phone. That turned out to be the Google USB driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok this procedure is the way I did it and I have tested it over and over still working to unbrick and even brick your phone. So please use at your own caution I am no way gonna be held responsible for anyone bricked phone. And your data will be formatted erase poof gone if you don't back it up. And I encourage y'all to read Craznazn post.

Actually he has several post I used like this one too steps with oneplus 8t works on 9 pro too.

Big thanks to him for finding out bout the most important part the modem....

Here we go... I am assuming y'all know adb and fastboot so leaving that out. But make sure you have latest oneplus drivers and adb cause fastbootd has to be used when flashing.

First read Craznazn post on unlocking bootloader. And he has a t-mobile magisk patched link you can use to flash read his post. After your backed up unlocked and rooted. Get this app from play store.

I went ahead and checked everyone of the blocks.
    Screenshot_20210420-035026.jpg
    Screenshot_20210420-035026.jpg

looks like this. Now this is gonna take a a min like 45-1 hour this is your phones active firmware. Mine ended up being 26gb. . While that's going go ahead and and get eu or global your gonna use from xda post or oneplus site full version only. I did global first could not update so I went ahead and did the eu ba 11.2.3.3 (updated one) everything is same works great.

After download use the payload extractor I hope y'all know how and what that is if not please stop and research. Label that folder after it's done global(eu) so I won't get confused. (Go ahead and patch the boot image if u want root);

Now on your phone find the zip file partition backup made for ya. Transfer it to pc. Extract it. Your gonna see some .img and .gz. it's gonna look like
    ( On the .img file I went ahead and erased the 2021-04-15 part)
    Screenshot_20210420-035026.jpgIMG_20210420_040458.jpg
    Then I but both roms side by side and this is very important what I did was took the boot.img and renamed it to orginaleu/globalboot.img from the global/eu folder and placed renamed the magisk patched to boot.imgand place in the global folder.
    IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT DATA TO WORK AT ALL. TAKE YOUR MODEM AND MODEMST1 AND MODEMST2 FILE OUT OF YOUR TMOBILE FIRMWARE FOLDER COPY THEM TO THE GLOBAL/EU FOLDER IF NOT YOUR NOT GONNA HAVE NO DATA NO SERVICE AT ALL. AND TAKE THE CARRIER.IMG FILE FROM TMOBILE FOLDER AND COPY IT OVER TOO.

I made this flashall.bat it worked just fine. I might have left out a few partitions but it is all good. Now on pc open a blank text document and copy and paste the change2 flashall.bat.txt and save as flashall.bat. put one in each folder and there conversation folder in one and the recovery folder in the t-mobile firmware folder. To flash just adb reboot bootloader then fastboot reboot fastboot. Make sure your in fastbootd. Screen will look like the recovery screen but it will say fastbootd. Once there click on the flashall.bat and let it do it thing. It may take like 5 mins to boot. Now if it stuck on the oneplus boot animation. Go back to. Fastboot and -- set-active =a or b. And if your rom acts little jumpy or crazy go back and check the boot.img u flashed might hot them mixed up.

My first guide maybe this will help you til the msmtool is ready. I know it get frustrating sometimes that's why I tried to describe much as I can
    I meant it might not work if you poke with BL.
    If you have an MSM that hasn't been posted here. Please share. You may be missing the point in whether or not it works. People with working bootloaders will need it.
    I downloaded his latest script and did the conversion. @Jhoopes517 helped me get my adb/fastboot working.
    Glad you got it working again
    No, I'm gonna support @amaroney55 on this guide. If you can't follow the guide or don't have the time to follow the guide, then you won't be able to troubleshoot it or have the time to troubleshoot it when something breaks. This is not a straightforward conversion and you may very well hard brick.
    @Logix just posted the remade script for the flashall as it seems there was typos which could cause errors. Are you using the the latest platform tools adb also?
    I downloaded his latest script and did the conversion. @Jhoopes517 helped me get my adb/fastboot working.