• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(TMO) OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren

Search This thread

AlphaKoi

Jul 31, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
I upgraded and got this phone on launch day. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. It's definitely a premium phone.

The thing that confuses me, is the 12Gb of RAM and I'm seeing apps like Imgur and Netflix freeze while trying to use them.

The only thing I can think may have been an issue was that I recovered a Google based backup (which was backed up from my OP7Pro) during install.... But that shouldn't affect these apps?

I have deleted these apps. Cleared the apps cache and data. Etc etc

Anyone have any thoughts on a solution? Thanks in advance

justthefacts

Feb 21, 2011
For those following.....I cleared app cache and rebooted. Haven't had any issues since but I will update as necessary
Almost every app freezes followed by a soft reboot. Clearing cache didn't resolve. Trying 60Hz and will report back

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

@AlphaKoi
Go to display options and switch to 60Hz, see if this problem occurs in these applications. Not all applications are suitable for 90 Hz.
Problem solved. I was beginning to fall in love with the 90 Hz display. 60 Hz looks so dull now.

Last edited:

yenkoPR

Dec 4, 2011
i had problems qhen i restored my google backup, like bluetooth didnt want to work, so i just rebooted, might want to reset and try netflix without the backup restore

Reactions: AlphaKoi

isildursheir

Aug 14, 2013
The only issue I've run into was just out of the box. It would not recognize my SIM card for more than a second. Kept going back and forth between being detected and no SIM. I did a factory reset, and that took care of it. No issues so far, super fast. I came from a 6T, very simple switchover, and I'm definitely loving the Mclaren.

justthefacts

Feb 21, 2011
Chrome is crashing every time. I also tried Yuzu browser and that crashed also. Anybody using Chrome can tell me if they had any issues with Chrome?

lilaznboi5582

Dec 12, 2008
San Diego, CA
The only issue I've run into was just out of the box. It would not recognize my SIM card for more than a second. Kept going back and forth between being detected and no SIM. I did a factory reset, and that took care of it. No issues so far, super fast. I came from a 6T, very simple switchover, and I'm definitely loving the Mclaren.

I had the same issue too, It wouldn't detect any sim card. I that to factory reset the device twice before it eventually detected it.

jonesj198

Mar 12, 2016
Chrome is crashing every time. I also tried Yuzu browser and that crashed also. Anybody using Chrome can tell me if they had any issues with Chrome?
Haven't had any issues at all.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Does anyone know if there is a good Google camera port for this phone yet?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts