How To Guide [TMO] OOS/COS DATA FIX

Search This thread

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T

TO CLARIFY THIS IS A ROOT ONLY FIX

After gaining root install given module.
Data is now retained. Even after reboot(s).
No empty slot or waiting.
Issue is TMO variant is showing multi sim.
So props were added to make it like a conversion to single sim....
Yes module works for both models.
Install & enjoy
Extract and pull it apart if interested 😉.

Please give amazing thanks
to @twinnfamous for building module & bringing this data/sim nightmare to an end 👍

Attachments

• Data_Retain.zip
    2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

kelvin216

Apr 12, 2009
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,
This is working great, I have flashed and rebooted multiple times with no signal loss, great work, thanks for this.

Now that Tmo has a new update out, will this need to be flash when I update to the new Tmo modem?

jruizdesign

Jun 15, 2012
whittier
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was able to successfully keep 5g mobile data on Android 12 using your module.
Thanks a ton.
I had also followed the other guide for data retention and that works great until the ob1 is installed, then your tool was needed to bring the modem back that was retained by his process.
But after combining the two guides and being successful so far, do you think I'd be able to take the latest c44 update, reflash your module and have my 5g return? Or are the stables garunteed to break it.?

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
I've been trying all day to do this, twrp won't mount anything, with or without password it won't decrypt and the android recovery is useless. I am not trying to manually flash each item from the payload.
Have you factory reset after you updated to a12 ? If so that's why TWRP won't see internal storage. Did you try to sideload the zip? I've used adb sideload to flash zips Everytime I screwed the phone up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TO CLARIFY THIS IS A ROOT ONLY FIX

After gaining root install given module.
    Data is now retained. Even after reboot(s).
    No empty slot or waiting.
    Issue is TMO variant is showing multi sim.
    So props were added to make it like a conversion to single sim....
    Yes module works for both models.
    Install & enjoy
    Extract and pull it apart if interested 😉.

Please give amazing thanks
    to @twinnfamous for building module & bringing this data/sim nightmare to an end 👍
    damn updated to c44 and flashed your fix, but it only gave me 4g, and h+.
    Check Network settings
    And check phone info using dialer command and switch "preferred networks" see if that helps. Otherwise should be no issue ...
    *#*#4636#*#*
    Download the version you want to install from oxygen updater then install the app from this post so you local upgrade

Post in thread '[TMO] 9 PRO MODEM RETENTION' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tmo-9-pro-modem-retention.4292445/post-86328243
    I figured it out I needed the a12 apk for local install , I switched from EU to na 44 and have 5g again no wipe needed either
    Does this module work for OOS12 eu/global?
    Because I get no network signal when I flash android 12 any region.
    Tested on global not sure about eu as some have had problems getting 5g on eu then switched to global and it worked. It's for people with TMobile 9 or 9pro that want to go to a12
    That's the thing. I have eu model and want to go to OOS12. But whenever I flash 12 (eu global or in) my network gets knocked out completely for some reason. Flashed many different builds with the same result. 😔
    Do you have a backup of your modem you can flash to see if data shows up or you can try this fix but it will make you single sim only that's all it does is change a line in the prop because TMO 9 and 9pro data won't work on a12 with dual sim