Tmobile apps keep creating shortcuts on home page

Search This thread

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis
The Name ID and Visual Voicemail app keep creating shortcuts on my homepage. Anybody else having this issue or something similar? I've deleted the shortcuts multiple times, but after a reboot bammm there they are again.

edit: disabled Name ID and of course that no longer does it - that is useless anyway. Visual voicemail on the other hand is pretty crucial, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No go, still re-adds to home page after reboot.

Last edited:

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
The Name ID and Visual Voicemail app keep creating shortcuts on my homepage. Anybody else having this issue or something similar? I've deleted the shortcuts multiple times, but after a reboot bammm there they are again.

edit: disabled Name ID and of course that no longer does it - that is useless anyway. Visual voicemail on the other hand is pretty crucial, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No go, still re-adds to home page after reboot.

Use Package Disabler Pro and disable them.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007

I thought i was the only one with this problem. Thisnis driving me crazy. Deleting The tmobile visual vocemail short cut for it to appear again in my main screen after a few hours.

I was gonna create a post just now cause of this

I havent found a solution. Really need visualvoice mail and this app is very important. But it doesnt matter if i cldar cache or delete app/reinstall. It keeps doing the same thing

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis
I thought i was the only one with this problem. Thisnis driving me crazy. Deleting The tmobile visual vocemail short cut for it to appear again in my main screen after a few hours.

I was gonna create a post just now cause of this

I havent found a solution. Really need visualvoice mail and this app is very important. But it doesnt matter if i cldar cache or delete app/reinstall. It keeps doing the same thing

Ya it sucks, I still haven't found a solution. I'm hoping once the trial period for voice to text is over that it'll stop doing this. I'm doubtful, but I can't think of any solutions right now. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the problem though.

Edit: Manually ended trial. Removed from home screen, rebooted, and it came back once more. Very annoying.

Last edited:

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
This is with the TouchWiz launcher? Have you tried deleting the entire page that the persistent icon keeps showing up on?

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
Did you try settings, apps, TouchWiz Home, storage, clear data?
If this works, obviously you'll have to set your TW launcher up from scratch.

Nope. Doesnt work. I even factory reset my device. For now the only solution is to ask.... what order app can i use for visual voice mail instead of the official tmobile app?