Tmobile Nexus 6 News..

Search This thread

cody631

Mar 11, 2015
If you're on Windows, check out WugFresh's "Nexus Root Toolkit"..(I'm not sure if it can be WINEed or not; I've not tried the tool on Linux directly). There is an easy way to unroot/restore to stock and the toolkit downloads images for just about any build you could wish. There's a thread on Android Development about the toolkit, and there's even a special M build image linked in a post from WugFresh himself that can be used for this kind of thing. This may be the easiest way to go about it.

I use the toolkit now. I was having issues with that build but will try again thanks!

xwera43

Jun 22, 2010
Oregon via SoCal

khoikn

Aug 16, 2012
Mesa
I've been trying to sideload the OTA posted for the past 2 hours now with no luck...

Flashed fresh LMY47M from WugFresh (as well as from 5.01 to 5.1 OTA from T-Mobile) and I am still getting an error:

"system partition has unexpected contents"
"E:Error in /sideload/package.zip"
"(Status 7)"

I am completely lost here, I've tried several times now to reflash the stock system.img and even just reflashed the entire image with no luck. Am I missing something here?

Topgun966

Jun 11, 2010
Chicago
I've been trying to sideload the OTA posted for the past 2 hours now with no luck...

Flashed fresh LMY47M from WugFresh (as well as from 5.01 to 5.1 OTA from T-Mobile) and I am still getting an error:

"system partition has unexpected contents"
"E:Error in /sideload/package.zip"
"(Status 7)"

I am completely lost here, I've tried several times now to reflash the stock system.img and even just reflashed the entire image with no luck. Am I missing something here?
Are you rooted?

khoikn

Aug 16, 2012
Mesa
Nope.

I've done a full wipe of my phone several times over now. I was rooted prior though with a custom ROM/Franco kernal...

Topgun966

Jun 11, 2010
Chicago
Nope.

I've done a full wipe of my phone several times over now. I was rooted prior though with a custom ROM/Franco kernal...
Hmm, it sounds like it could also be a bad download. It isn't liking something in the hash. That is the error when /system has su files or something in it. The MD5 hash has to match exactly to what its expecting. I think a bad download can cause that too. I didnt have issues and I did the exact same thing. I was running CM12.1, went back to 5.0.1 and sideload the M OTA then sideload the E ota.

khoikn

Aug 16, 2012
Mesa
I'll redownload the OTA that was posted a little earlier on here and give it another shot.

UPDATE: Same error going through still :/

Last edited:

Topgun966

Jun 11, 2010
Chicago
I'll redownload the OTA that was posted a little earlier on here and give it another shot.

UPDATE: Same error going through still :/
Dam ... try doing the images from the Nexus Factory Images page and manually flash it. IE fastboot flash recovery recovery.img etc. And when you get to the system.img use the -w flag to wipe the device clean. I hope you get it, the wifi calling works REALLY well. Better than I have seen on other devices. It does call handoffs going from wifi to cell flawlessly.

khoikn

Aug 16, 2012
Mesa
Dam ... try doing the images from the Nexus Factory Images page and manually flash it. IE fastboot flash recovery recovery.img etc. And when you get to the system.img use the -w flag to wipe the device clean. I hope you get it, the wifi calling works REALLY well. Better than I have seen on other devices. It does call handoffs going from wifi to cell flawlessly.

I'll redownload 5.0.1 (LRX22C) and give it another shot with just the default images. I did it earlier but I can try again. I've been using WugFresh this entire time but I can try giving fastboot a go.

Seriously! That's why I've been doing my best here (and staying up most of the night) to get this done. I haven't been able to make calls in my own apartment since owning the Nexus 6 so WiFi Calling is really my only bet here...

UPDATE: Nope. Tried doing it the old fashioned way and the OTA is still not wanting to be accepted. Gonna call it a night... :(

Last edited:

rdgerken

Apr 15, 2007
Cincinnati
All Good!

I just went from 5.1E down to 5.01 -> 5.1M and am now updating this file using mainly info from this link.

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/general/t-mobile-ota-url-5-01-lrx22c-to-5-1-t3060300

On my Mac I did have to unplug and plug the USB cable in the phone several times when it lost connection.

Hope that helps. :)

X

I followed these instructions as well, and it worked perfectly. I may have taken the "long" route, but here's what worked for me. I was on Rooted M that wasn't allowing an OTA to LYZ28E. I followed those instructions in the OP of the t3060300 thread to get back to Stock M. Then I adb sideloaded the OTA zip from earlier in this thread, rebooted system. Once all was upgraded, went back and reloaded twrp, let twrp reinstall supersu, update supersu from play store and then reboot. So now I'm on LYZ28E with WiFi Calling and rooted - with no data wipe.

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I followed these instructions as well, and it worked perfectly. I may have taken the "long" route, but here's what worked for me. I was on Rooted M that wasn't allowing an OTA to LYZ28E. I followed those instructions in the OP of the t3060300 thread to get back to Stock M. Then I adb sideloaded the OTA zip from earlier in this thread, rebooted system. Once all was upgraded, went back and reloaded twrp, let twrp reinstall supersu, update supersu from play store and then reboot. So now I'm on LYZ28E with WiFi Calling and rooted - with no data wipe.

How's the WiFi calling working? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Is there a chance of anyone making the ota a flashable zip? Or is is it too difficult from the boot loader being updated or things of that nature? I'm not actually sure the boot loader got updated but I looked at the zip fairly quickly and see boot loader IMG. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

rasengan82

Nov 19, 2011
Although I'm on TMobile and happy about WiFi calling, I'm wondering how many builds 5.1.1 will have for different carriers. I hope all these different builds don't backfire later.

Reactions: Testingchip

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Can someone who has flashed LYZ28E please tell me what the new bootloader version is? Just reboot into the bootloader and it'll be right there on the screen. I'd do it myself, but my Nexus 6 is on Sprint, so I'm waiting for LMY47Z, which will be rolling out on the 26th. Thanks!

pokerloser

Mar 19, 2015
I've made 2 calls with it so far, one to another cell(T-Mobile) and a land line, the call quality on both are amazing, pretty close to VoLTE. I also sent a SMS and MMS using Textra, both sent without any issues!!!

I sideloaded ok and got back to my homescreen. How do I know i'm actually using WIFI calling and not LTE?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the OTA link!

Hey guys, I just reverted back to stock and immediately got the OTA to 5.1.1. The file size is ~126MB.

Heres the link: https://android.googleapis.com/pack...Z28E-from-LMY47M-fullradio-fix-superblock.zip
    So it looks as wifi calling should go out to tmobiles nexus 6 by the end of the first quarter.. and volte for the nexus 6 and tmobile is nearly done with testing http://www.tmonews.com/2015/02/wi-fi-calling-coming-to-nexus-6-by-the-end-of-q1/
    This will be a horrible experience with T-Mobile & Sprint - The two networks that make up Google Fi.

My choice is to go 1/2 miles from my home to be able to make or receive calls using the T-Mobil network so I don't drop calls or to have non-stop issues and aggravation using the CellSpot Asus TM-AC1900 router which I received from T-Mobil (replaced once already) and the Galaxy Note 4 which has unresolved issues which Tier 2 support finally told was confirmed by Samsung, no clue as to when there might be a fix.

They would have upgraded me to the Nexus 6 except that WiFi calling isn't working with the Nexus 6 and there was no date for the fix. I was provided with an LG G3 that also did not provide WiFi calling and was returned within 2 weeks.

I require WiFi calling for my phone from my home in Orange County, California 92782 and I'm sure there are many thousands of people that require trouble free calls .

I am not alone in believing that the advertising of WiFi calling is false advertising when it doesn't work reliably.

Google requiring a dysfunctional Nexus 4 to be used on the two networks that provide the worst customer support dooms Google Fi to failure.
    OK, your experience is not that of thousands of others, plus your WiFi calling complaints are about T-Mobile not Project Fi. I've had fairly good customer service from sprint in the past, and while I think T-Mobile has some shipping issues, their customer service has been fairly good to me.

One story a trend does not make.

Edit: I suck at typing.
    You do not know what you are talking about. All calls now use LTE when available. Nexus 6 does VoLTE. VoLTE = calls made OVER LTE....which the Nexus DOES. All my calls have been using LTE. Please do not say things you have no knowledge about.
    Was this a failure to quote the right post or failure to read?

Let me try to explain again just in case.

"All call now use LTE when available."
    Available means 1) Your phone has VoLTE enabled. 2) You are in a LTE market with LTE signal. These we agree on I'm pretty sure.

"Nexus 6 does VoLTE"
    Yes if it is enabled and running 5.1 with one of the new radios sure does. Once again we agree.

"VoLTE = calls made OVER LTE"
    Well that's 3 for 3, correct again sir. Again we agree.

"Please do not say things you have no knowledge about."
    Since nothing I said is different then what you said, either we both know what we are talking about, or neither of us do. And I am fairly certain I know what I'm talking about so......
    New to T-Mobile-was on unlimited with VZW for many years. Ordered the 64gb N6 since they did not have any in stock. Unlocked the bootloader and rooted it the day after I activated it. Don't miss VZW a bit.

VZW has been after my unlimited plan for a year or more. Well, now they have it.....

Coverage is not as good on T-Mo but the unlimited plans are cheaper and I was able to enroll everyone in an unlimited plan and save $70/month. Loving T-mobile...:)