• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Tmobile Nexus 6 News..

bradanomics

Sep 27, 2010
Cary, NC
Wifi calling is coming this weekend!!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...lling-should-hopefully-roll-out-this-weekend/

Android 5.1.1 is working its way through Google's lengthy list of Nexus devices. After coming to Wi-Fi tablets first, this week we saw it start to hit cellular devices like the Nexus 5, N4, and N9 LTE. As you may have noticed, Google's latest smartphone didn't make the list. With any luck, the Nexus 6 will get an over-the-air update sometime this weekend.

T-Mobile Product Evangelist Des recently sent out this tweet. Note the hashtag.

If that's not enough—scroll down.

Screenshot 2015-05-22 at 9.36.15 AM

This tweet follows one sent out over a week ago, when Des said the Nexus 6 update, along with support for Wi-Fi calling, looked like it would take 7 - 10 days to fix and test.

It's been 10 days, so cross your fingers. And don't be surprised if the update doesn't come out until the very end of the three-day Memorial weekend. Or, you know, this latest tweet turns out to be little more than another tease. Not even Google gets these time frames right sometimes.

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
REally sucks...

Waiting for the image to be posted :)
Unfortunately I have this version: LMY47D, which I was told back when 5.1 came out Googles Nexus 6 versions best and most up to date release. After that I learned of the carrier variants, and starting questioning the reason I bought into the whole Nexus thing in the first place.
This proves that the Nexus 6 is just another smartphone that really has no advantage to any others because it is still under the control of carrier oversight.
My thought was that a Nexus device receives updates directly from google and there'd be no more carrier dependant bull****, but that is not the case and now I'm left hanging. **** you Google and T Mobile, just another ****ing carrier specific phone with so many variants and so many tardy releases that any other phone would of yielded the same results, except for bloatware and development .

Reactions: rock7632

redshirt72

Apr 4, 2010
Running stock, unrooted. Update downloaded, but my damn battery was too low to complete the update. Had to dig out the turbo charger, since I never use it, because I find wireless charging more convenient. Can't wait to try, since I have an older house and signal seems to hate entering. Hopefully the memory leak issue gets fixed as well?

Reactions: mightyfo

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
Running stock, unrooted. Update downloaded, but my damn battery was too low to complete the update. Had to dig out the turbo charger, since I never use it, because I find wireless charging more convenient. Can't wait to try, since I have an older house and signal seems to hate entering. Hopefully the memory leak issue gets fixed as well?
Wait, please grab the ota before you apply the update!

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/05/download-nexus-ota-url-file/

mightyfo

Oct 13, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Please grab the URL! I would sleep tonight until someone posts it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/05/download-nexus-ota-url-file/

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
Arg, sorry, didn't see this until after I got enough juice to install the update and reboot phone.
Make a backup. Since your IMEI is selected to receive the update, you could downgrade to LRX22C, allow it to update to LMY47M, which will allow you to update to LYZ28E, at which point you could grab the OTA URL and BE A HERO! Then flash root and recovery and restore your backup.

It's a lot to ask, but I had to ask.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I wonder if you have to have the M build or if E will get it as well.
Only stock unrooted LMY47M will get the OTA.

TechnoGeek2134

Apr 5, 2015
Los Angeles
Make a backup. Since your IMEI is selected to receive the update, you could downgrade to LRX22C, allow it to update to LMY47M, which will allow you to update to LYZ28E, at which point you could grab the OTA URL and BE A HERO! Then flash root and recovery and restore your backup.

It's a lot to ask, but I had to ask.
Ooh, yes! Be a hero!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anuraj1

xwera43

Jun 22, 2010
Oregon via SoCal

RanceJustice

Feb 11, 2013
What image did you use to revert to stock? Can't find a M build image
If you're on Windows, check out WugFresh's "Nexus Root Toolkit"..(I'm not sure if it can be WINEed or not; I've not tried the tool on Linux directly). There is an easy way to unroot/restore to stock and the toolkit downloads images for just about any build you could wish. There's a thread on Android Development about the toolkit, and there's even a special M build image linked in a post from WugFresh himself that can be used for this kind of thing. This may be the easiest way to go about it.

Reactions: cody631