• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

tmobile oos 11.0.1.2 need to root

Search This thread

kkeller416

Jun 24, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 7T
Most of the directions involve rooting android 10.
there isnt really any info on rooting latest tmobile 11.0.1.2 firmware
i have bootloader unlocked and was rooted before accidental forced update to new firmware.
can someone clarify can i just flash global rom with patched boot image or because i am on tmobile i cant?
I cant find a download of the tmobile firmware to do the magisk patch boot image..
any help to get root back would be awsome
thanks

tintn00+xda

Jun 9, 2021
I've been struggling with my phone as well. I own Tmobile OP7T in the US. I am able to convert it to international/global version and update to the latest 11.0.1.1 package. I am able to unlock SIM and unlock bootloader just fine.

However every time I try to use a patched magisk img to root my phone, my phone bricks. Every single time. I've used multiple patched img files on XDA for 11.0.1.1 and none works. And to get the phone working again, I have to use the MSMdownloadTool, revert back to Tmobile 10.0.0.13, unlock bootloader, install via flash-all.bat to international/global version, and download the OTA package to upgrade to 11.0.1.1, then I am unable to root the phone at all.

Any suggestions?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I've been struggling with my phone as well. I own Tmobile OP7T in the US. I am able to convert it to international/global version and update to the latest 11.0.1.1 package. I am able to unlock SIM and unlock bootloader just fine.

However every time I try to use a patched magisk img to root my phone, my phone bricks. Every single time. I've used multiple patched img files on XDA for 11.0.1.1 and none works. And to get the phone working again, I have to use the MSMdownloadTool, revert back to Tmobile 10.0.0.13, unlock bootloader, install via flash-all.bat to international/global version, and download the OTA package to upgrade to 11.0.1.1, then I am unable to root the phone at all.

Any suggestions?
rename to twrp.img and move file to adb folder in windows10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    Fastboot reboot recovery
    Adb sideload magisk.zip
    Reboot