YHiihzH

Gv076Zd
Just got the update message!

Last edited:

BeyondtheTech

Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
www.beyondthetech.com
same here, nothing, and when checking on T-Mobile page, it says it is still on the testing phase=(

TmoNews reports it's being released in waves. I'm sure we'll get it over the next couple days, but I'm impatient and spoiled since I've been on iPhone for the last few years.

Woooahhh..... Can we get a flashable zip file for it?

For the uninitiated and those who just forgot, is there a dead simple way to install the firmware on a stock T-Mobile Z2 Force using a microSD card, or does it need to be done through ADB? I've already downloaded both files (the 900MB really long filename and the 2.3GB zip file) from the other thread.

Last edited:

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
Well, I just received the Oreo Update on my TMO Moto Z2 Force and now no one can hear me during phone calls. Phone was working perfectly until Oreo installed and my phone rebooted. Going to try and wipe cache in Recovery to see it that does anything. I wouldn't be too anxious to update until a few peeps have chimed in.

Update: I was able to get my phone to work correctly, but only after completely disabling WiFi Calling. It seems something has broken in regards to WiFi calling. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work with that option active. I don't use WiFi calling anyways, so no big deal for me, but still should not have happened to begin with.

Last edited:

gruiz3

Oct 12, 2010
Sanger
To be honest, I haven't talked to anyone yet. But my stand by at night went from a 9 percent drain to about 3 percent. I haven't encountered any issues yet. I'm hoping it got rid of the audio hissing mine had sometimes and random audio anomalies in YouTube.

Uzephi

Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
To be honest, I haven't talked to anyone yet. But my stand by at night went from a 9 percent drain to about 3 percent. I haven't encountered any issues yet. I'm hoping it got rid of the audio hissing mine had sometimes and random audio anomalies in YouTube.

Those were spin lock errors in the audio driver that were fixed in kernel upstream of 4.4.72-76 so it should have those fixes since it is 4.4.78.

It will still have some of the ipv6 latency spikes that randomly happen on web pages unless Moto cherry picked those net fixes from 4.4.97-106

gruiz3

Oct 12, 2010
Sanger
The audio issues are somewhat solved. If the YouTube video is in the background, it's fine. But the audio hissing is still present if I'm watching the video. It's only in YouTube. I'm considering buying the Google usb c audio adapter to see if it's an issue with the proprietary moto audio protocol.

the show stopper

Jan 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
For the uninitiated and those who just forgot, is there a dead simple way to install the firmware on a stock T-Mobile Z2 Force using a microSD card, or does it need to be done through ADB? I've already downloaded both files (the 900MB really long filename and the 2.3GB zip file) from the other thread.

I assume no. But to find the answer i think you should post in the oreo thread with the question. Few people have flashed orea on their phones so they should be able to answer your question.

Chrisy8s

Apr 15, 2016
Eugene
So funny story... I own two of these tmobile devices... one stock, one unlocked and rooted. My stock device is still on august security patch and isnt receiving ota updates at all. So I called tech support cuz something is obviously wrong. first, they couldn't comprehend that I was talking about ANY update and not just Oreo... I haven't received OCT or Nov patches even... Then, since they were stuck on oreo what was interesting as the tech support people at Tmobile say that the latest release for our phone is 7.1.1 August patch... which we all know is wrong for several reasons. Needless to say I am not impressed with their tech department...

DeoreDX

Feb 16, 2009
Alabamastan

My standby drain has been the opposite. It's a little worse for me that in 7.1. I went from about 1-2%/hr in standby to around 5%/hr in standby. I've been off the charger for a little over 3 hours today with just 9 minutes of SoT and I'm at 86%. I'm not complaining, it's not bad, but before it was spectacular. Now it's just average.

gruiz3

Oct 12, 2010
Sanger
I'm usually on wifi, that is my usual use scenario. I get around, no joke about 6 hours plus sot. As for my audio issues are still prevalent and now my netflix is a black screen all the time. But overall I'm still happy with the update. If I turn on power saver my standby time tanks lol. I think it turns off my wifi and tries to hold on to my one or two signal bars. I'm debating unlocking bl and rooting, but I really haven't felt a need. I'm probably alot more forgiving of the z2 issues due to I picked it up at 375.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YHiihzH

Gv076Zd
    Just got the update message!
    Got mine as well.
    Enable Moto app, then disable the feature, then disable Moto app. That's what I had to do . Was surprised that even tho the app was disabled the Moto app managed to enable that annoying feature by itself .
    to my knowledge they pulled all updates. there is a thread here on how to sideload it though if you want oreo.. you dont even need to unlock bootloader to load it.
    Did you ever get the update rolled out. I am still on the august patch too, and I still have the 2.0 mod platform that randomly restarts the phone when attached to mods.

I even got a similar response from the help desk, and they said that Motorola handles updates and connected me with Motorola's help desk. Motorola's help desk said that that guy didn't know what he was talking about and that T-Mobile rolls out the updates for phones with their firmware.

This was in late December and early January and I still haven't received the OS update or the security update, or even the mod platform update. How about you?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk