General TMobile Unlocked My P6 Pro!

Search This thread

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So my 6 Pro came in yesterday. After years of buying Pixel phones from the Google Store with MetroPCS, I decided to take advantage of the $900 trade in with Tmobile and got the 6 Pro through them.

I wasn't patient enough to wait the 40 days to receive the OEM unlock, so I installed the Tmobile app on the P6, chatted with tech support and they agreed to unlock the phone, no questions asked! Thought that i would get pushback for being a brand new account, but nope........they said to give it up to 24 hours and they will call me back with the unlock code!

Can't wait to unlock and root!

Anastacio_Guerrero

Apr 26, 2015
So my 6 Pro came in yesterday. After years of buying Pixel phones from the Google Store with MetroPCS, I decided to take advantage of the $900 trade in with Tmobile and got the 6 Pro through them.

I wasn't patient enough to wait the 40 days to receive the OEM unlock, so I installed the Tmobile app on the P6, chatted with tech support and they agreed to unlock the phone, no questions asked! Thought that i would get pushback for being a brand new account, but nope........they said to give it up to 24 hours and they will call me back with the unlock code!

Did you ever receive that unlock code from T-Mobile? I want to do the same. Did you have to give them a specific reason for wanting to unlock the phone?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Did you ever receive that unlock code from T-Mobile? I want to do the same. Did you have to give them a specific reason for wanting to unlock the phone?
Most folks (in other threads in this P6P section) who had their T-Mobile P6P sim-unlocked and were able to bootloader unlock gave the reason that they were traveling out of the country (and therefore needed to be able to use a foreign SIM card).

They also would tell customer service that the temporary unlock wasn't working repeatedly, and then T-Mobile issues permanent unlocks. Or you can pay your phone off.

Reactions: Aphex13

Anastacio_Guerrero

Apr 26, 2015
Most folks (in other threads in this P6P section) who had their T-Mobile P6P sim-unlocked and were able to bootloader unlock gave the reason that they were travelling out of the country (and therefore needed to be able to use a foreign SIM card).
I just tried and gave them that reason, they said they'd give me a 3 month unlock and not a permanent one since the device wasn't fully paid off. I wonder if I'd still be able to unlock my bootloader.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I just tried and gave them that reason, they said they'd give me a 3 month unlock and not a permanent one since the device wasn't fully paid off. I wonder if I'd still be able to unlock my bootloader.
Good luck! Let us know. In the other threads, some folks said it just depended on who you talked to, some will give permanent unlock, some won't. Or they've gotten wise.

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey, yes I did. I told them that I was an Android developer and needed to unlock my bootloader so that I could test my applications. At first they only gave me a 30 day code. Called them back and told them that I needed a full unlock since the 30 day code doesn't allow me to unlock the bootloader. After I reassured them that I needed it for work purposes and that I would have to return the phone and cancel my account if I couldn't unlock the bootloader, they finally permanently unlocked it.

I'm now rooted and waiting for those custom Roms to start dropping! 😁😁

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
Same.

Screenshot_20211203-070609.png

RobCampbell

Oct 2, 2014
Now you should unlock the bootloader, since that will force another factory reset.
I connected to the flash tool https://flash.android.com/ and it prompted me to unlock the bootloader. Now I'm on the developer instance which is what I wanted.

Funny thing though. I just got my T-Mobile bill and it appears they are charging me for my phone so I need to call and resolve that. I guess they decided to require me to pay my phone off since they were unlocking my phone but that wasn't the agreement we had so here's my new task.

I hate this at a glance that can't be removed or moved.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I connected to the flash tool https://flash.android.com/ and it prompted me to unlock the bootloader. Now I'm on the developer instance which is what I wanted.
Yay!

Funny thing though. I just got my T-Mobile bill and it appears they are charging me for my phone so I need to call and resolve that. I guess they decided to require me to pay my phone off since they were unlocking my phone but that wasn't the agreement we had so here's my new task.
That sucks. Good luck, I hope you can resolve it easily.

I hate this at a glance that can't be removed or moved.
Nova Launcher (Prime) for the win. I used to tinker with stock launchers and a few other third-party launchers, but for the last 10 (?) years or so, I always go back to Nova Launcher and I don't bother fooling with any others any more.

I still use At A Glance, but I love being able to customize everything including widget sizes.

EMXPtt5ufIxmniNDJg09oviQilHPz73L-mf_xh4V-ECJTpS4NegutjwFRoH8_RuCqeq8hWsSohekJesaoqb9SAU5G8hax0bS0L_6EJdD-fpChhckoqBHc6s4DoBmoE2Gm2QsZZycaf5p6LP12x71ApSJoOZj3Czn0YUYEaHFFe2OTbLEjMHextEqfj-yxX-Yw5BSuyB_QF9hYNPzlGld8-JOFjS2y_1xdPPeFUS4YalPLe3CbKo31lE7Ca7OVDD-jJ9pRAZyyhP-p84hfy0kHQsUr_4XR5MWBjh7fOcQt4B7fEAJNDrZxpq_7ngtFeyr5UEVtIyElUkbbM_o3O7eELGT36AsBR-Ohoe_4EvPt2S7yod9yOv1I8Fq6XEhYzCsT1CSKZTPl34t5lhII9fbvOpfcBrG-PiVS_HIDK7ePbNItyjT1hgui10_y-trcO9A2I8JWkLU56seO9BLEmbSQKjbYN_fyBPyugRHTGoH6Ccu0lkYk36VJ-Hz9HlI8juEreuq8dHEP0uD2Vf0KJTJJapyTZbyH4UCbm5yH-jVa5bwfjgioVQPCcPIvbujh6HFX6oiRykc64dbdigQS8N0ym-LmxiqrjbdYjUoyQUm7dwFPNmc_Voo58c3v9__arasCxSjzyHgq8Ze4A4t59SvIDnc3pCHwOJhXnfZst7yClT-qIVdH0fWDQZFLIewevTgoDzZbcrTEdrZfo9k7EJuz8OSY5zn1oFJJ757JuliKtW9avGp4LdHSBNjGRo1y3Y=w561-h1215-no

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey, yes I did. I told them that I was an Android developer and needed to unlock my bootloader so that I could test my applications. At first they only gave me a 30 day code. Called them back and told them that I needed a full unlock since the 30 day code doesn't allow me to unlock the bootloader. After I reassured them that I needed it for work purposes and that I would have to return the phone and cancel my account if I couldn't unlock the bootloader, they finally permanently unlocked it.

I'm now rooted and waiting for those custom Roms to start dropping! 😁😁
    Sounds like you're on the xda fast track to unlock 🔓 happiness!😁👍
    I did a factory reset and now it's available.
    Screenshot_20220329-233556.png