• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General To all exynos s21 , s21+ and s21 ultra users

Search This thread

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why dont we all gather , and file a complaint against samsung for intentionally clocking down and throttling the exynos 2100 against the sd888 even when exynos 2100 this year is capable , comparable to sd888 and moreover both are manufactured by samsung?

Samsung is again giving us an inferior experience in other markets vs US while charging similar / More

Lets complaint on twitter by tagging @samsungexynos and also on samsung members app ,

If you have any other alternative please comment down.

These 2 videos are the proof .

Last edited:

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
I disagree.

It'll be another 1-2 years before the Exynos can catch up to the SnapDragon.

The SD888 is more or less, IMO, comparable to the A14. It took a while for Qualcomm to catch-up.

In another 2 years, I expect the Exynos, SnapDragon, and A series to be more or less comparable.

Then, the game will heat-up in the laptop/mini-PC/server space.

You'll have to wait.

Reactions: enigmaamit

Khalid Madkour

Mar 13, 2016
I can say that all those speed tests are meaningless.
I have Exynos and I am satisfied with everything so far.
Yes this year Exynos is not the same as SD888 but it is not behind by much compared to last year competition between exynos and sd and next year will be a gamechanger for Exynos since it is getting AMD gpu and improvements.

We all knew even before we bought the phone which processor it came with, in which country. Samsung did not say they were selling the SD888 in my country and then hand me an Exynos.

Also, nobody put a gun to my head and asked me to buy the phone. It's an open market and there are a hundred options available.

Exynos performance is not some breaking news that we just found out. We have seen Exynos processors for years on other phones, including last year's S20 series and know perfectly well what they are capable of and what the limitations are.

Despite all the above, if you still went ahead and bought the phone, it's on you. You knew perfectly well what you were buying. OnePlus 9 Pro was also available with the SD888 globally. You don't buy a phone only for it's processor. There is a lot more that goes into making a phone.

Personally I think the S21U (I have the Exynos) is the best phone I've ever used. Spent a week researching it before i bought it, used it in the showroom multiple times before dropping this kind of money and despite all the YouTube comparisons, decided I liked it more than the other available options and bought it. And I don't regret it.

Monopoly is bad in any industry and I'm glad there is another manufacturer challenging the dangerous dominance of Qualcomm in the Android arena. Exynos 2100 may not yet overcome the SD888 in terms of raw power, but it has narrowed the gap more than it has ever been. And it runs much cooler than the SD version, plus has significantly lower standby battery drain.

I'm not a Samsung fanboy, I dropped them and shifted to the iPhone and OnePlus after the Note 3 when their software was getting crappier with every update. Returned back only after I was convinced that OnePlus was on a downfall and Samsung software had improved over the years, and also that the E2100 was worth my money.

If you think Samsung is selling a "bad" processor in your country, speak with your wallet and don't buy it. Simple.

There's no point getting angry and ranting after buying the phone, knowing very well what you were getting.

Why do you think Samsung or any other company will change anything if you keep giving it money despite disagreeing with its policies?

Rants don't change a company's practices, the balance sheet does. For the next few years, don't buy Exynos. If enough people agree with you and do the same, and make a big enough dent on Samsung's profits, maybe they'll listen.

Otherwise all this petitioning business has been done countless times before and is a meaningless waste of time.

aj7400

May 25, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
We all knew even before we bought the phone which processor it came with, in which country. Samsung did not say they were selling the SD888 in my country and then hand me an Exynos.

Also, nobody put a gun to my head and asked me to buy the phone. It's an open market and there are a hundred options available.

Exynos performance is not some breaking news that we just found out. We have seen Exynos processors for years on other phones, including last year's S20 series and know perfectly well what they are capable of and what the limitations are.

Despite all the above, if you still went ahead and bought the phone, it's on you. You knew perfectly well what you were buying. OnePlus 9 Pro was also available with the SD888 globally. You don't buy a phone only for it's processor. There is a lot more that goes into making a phone.

Personally I think the S21U (I have the Exynos) is the best phone I've ever used. Spent a week researching it before i bought it, used it in the showroom multiple times before dropping this kind of money and despite all the YouTube comparisons, decided I liked it more than the other available options and bought it. And I don't regret it.

Monopoly is bad in any industry and I'm glad there is another manufacturer challenging the dangerous dominance of Qualcomm in the Android arena. Exynos 2100 may not yet overcome the SD888 in terms of raw power, but it has narrowed the gap more than it has ever been. And it runs much cooler than the SD version, plus has significantly lower standby battery drain.

I'm not a Samsung fanboy, I dropped them and shifted to the iPhone and OnePlus after the Note 3 when their software was getting crappier with every update. Returned back only after I was convinced that OnePlus was on a downfall and Samsung software had improved over the years, and also that the E2100 was worth my money.

If you think Samsung is selling a "bad" processor in your country, speak with your wallet and don't buy it. Simple.

There's no point getting angry and ranting after buying the phone, knowing very well what you were getting.

Why do you think Samsung or any other company will change anything if you keep giving it money despite disagreeing with its policies?

Rants don't change a company's practices, the balance sheet does. For the next few years, don't buy Exynos. If enough people agree with you and do the same, and make a big enough dent on Samsung's profits, maybe they'll listen.

Otherwise all this petitioning business has been done countless times before and is a meaningless waste of time.
Well you might be correct at what u are saying .

My point is , this time exynos and sd888 are both manufactured by samsung using the same process and same cores.

Its just the calibration of cpu thats not unlocking the real power of exynos 2100.

All the tests show that exynos is continuesly throttling its cpu.

The large performance core which is supposed to be clocked at 3 ghz is always throttled to below 2.2 ghz even when the phone is cold.

Where as on sd888 the large performance core remains fully clocked at 2.9 ghz even after heating

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I read a lot about the Exynos issues with the previous Samsung devices and was well aware of the possible difference between two versions of the S21 Ultra based on SD vs Exynos but in the end I got the phone anyway knowing I would get the Exynos version. So why is that Samsungs fault?

Also, I notice more heating issues are related to the SD version so maybe that is because SD is less careful and more aggressive about being the fastest. I have no heating issues and I can do everything the SD version can and as fast as I could possibly want. I do not see any performance issues using the device.

You had a choice to get the phone or get something else. It gets tiresome seeing posts "I bought this phone and I don't like X,Y and Z about it", nobody forced you to buy it.

And Youtube is not the source of scientific studies into processor performance you think it is, there are videos that show the Exynos is faster which invalidates the basis of your claim.

Reactions: nixnixnixnix4

n-j-f

What I would prefer to rant about is that you cannot get a dual SIM S21 series in the US unless you import one from Europe etc (Exynos) or from Taiwan/Hong Kong (Snapdragon). I had to buy my Ultra from Amazon Germany and I love it so far. It also has a working eSIM which I have already used when travelling to avoid having to get a local SIM. That also meant I lost out on all the Samsung discounts on part exchange in the US.

And, of course, there is no international warranty with my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can say that all those speed tests are meaningless.
    I have Exynos and I am satisfied with everything so far.
    Yes this year Exynos is not the same as SD888 but it is not behind by much compared to last year competition between exynos and sd and next year will be a gamechanger for Exynos since it is getting AMD gpu and improvements.
    Never judged much on speed tests on the internet. Real world usage is far more important
    I disagree.

It'll be another 1-2 years before the Exynos can catch up to the SnapDragon.

The SD888 is more or less, IMO, comparable to the A14. It took a while for Qualcomm to catch-up.

In another 2 years, I expect the Exynos, SnapDragon, and A series to be more or less comparable.

Then, the game will heat-up in the laptop/mini-PC/server space.

You'll have to wait.
    The exynos story is over exaggerated. I owned albeit previous gen tech a note 20 ultra in both exynos and snapdragon. They were both fine battery life and temp wise. Alas I didn’t game though.