Question TO BE CLOSED AS IS DEFUNCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
I have just unlocked bootloader on the latest Fold 3 F926b Beta and the camera is fully functional!!! - Seems sammy have finally done away with this silly thing lol!!

Please see vid below - i will upload another showing proof of boot splash red text then camera working

Attachments

• 20211204_151555.mp4
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
So there we have it! hopefully development will take off a bit now and also apologies!!!

Had i bothered to tinker in the last couple of weeks we may have known this earlier!!!!

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Finally........

Attachments

• 20211204_161612.jpg
    20211204_161612.jpg
    920.6 KB · Views: 431

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
After testing i now know which file can fix the camera on B1 - its to risky to flash it on android 11 as i almost lost download mode SO I AM NOT GOING TO BRING ATTENTION TO THIS FILE JUST YET - THERE WILL BE ONE LOON WHO FLASHES IT ON A11 WHILST ROOTED AND LOOSES DOWNLOAD FOREVER ;)

The camera issue was actually "fixed" in beta 2 ZUKA!!!

- i have tested this on B1 where camera broke on BL unlock and also on android 11 fixing the camera issue but causing download mode issuses.

What this means is that we have something to possibly bite back with should sammy lock down the cameras again

Big thanks to @dr.ketan for the help in finding this :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 白い熊

MartinJiao

Nov 28, 2021
Does f926n have to wait until Android 12 is updated to brush the machine normally, and the camera will not be locked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-110452_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-110452_Settings.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 218

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Does f926n have to wait until Android 12 is updated to brush the machine normally, and the camera will not be locked
Flash beta2 or 3 for the N model and you should hopefully find you can unlock bootloader and camera will work.

We do not have root on beta yet though so it maybe a week or two till we can be rooted and use camera

Star-7

Jul 22, 2019
韩国任何拥有稳定OTA的人都可以尝试解锁引导加载程序以查看相机是否正常工作?
In fact, our f926n friends tested it in oneui4.0. After unlocking BL, the camera is still unusable, even though Samsung did not mention that unlocking BL in the 4.0 unlocking BL interface will lead to the inability to use the camera
QQ图片20211208160826.jpg

Reactions: exocetdj

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I'm pretty sure the ZUKG rom is the beta, isn't it?
You may find once the stable release hits out Folds this will once again be locked down and the cameras won't work once the bootloader is unlocked.

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018
I have just unlocked bootloader on the latest Fold 3 F926b Beta and the camera is fully functional!!! - Seems sammy have finally done away with this silly thing lol!!

Please see vid below - i will upload another showing proof of boot splash red text then camera working
Awesome

Last edited:

ParadoxLogic

Dec 23, 2018

Please can you post a link to the F926B rom that you used?

I cant find it anywhere.

Thankyou in advance

Last edited:

kepke

Dec 24, 2010
Please can you post a link to the F266B rom that you used?

I cant find it anywhere.

Thankyou in advance
Yeah, I can't find that either.
I would also love a simple guide of some sort for stupid old people like me, how to root that unlocked boot loader beta version
Thanks in advance

Edit:
I wonder if that's the link for Beta 2 for 926B

Edit 2:
Aaaand I wonder if this is the link for Beta 3?

Last edited:

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
we cannot root beta yet (or i have been unable too and no one else has even bothered trying lol)

I think we will stand a better chance when we have full firmware and source code but early indications from the "stable" korean version is that Samsung are still killing cameras on bootloader unlock

fujiko_T

Dec 22, 2021
Tokyo
we cannot root beta yet (or i have been unable too and no one else has even bothered trying lol)

I think we will stand a better chance when we have full firmware and source code but early indications from the "stable" korean version is that Samsung are still killing cameras on bootloader unlock
I tried unlocking BL of F926N (not B) after installation of OTA update a12 (BUL4) released on 12/15, but camera was still dead as mentioned above. And rooting via magisk didn't work well either. So I reflashed firmware of a11 (AUJ7) using Odin and rooted without TWRP.

Last edited:

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
EDIT: Samsung have really redeemed themselves! my moaning below is now moot :)

This all confirms that this has been a deliberate move by Samsung to impede the modding community

yes they have done this before with knox etc etc but killing a fundamental piece of the device's hardware just because they don't like rooting is wrong and also probably ILLEGAL if they are not advising in the Download mode screen that this is what will happen.

There has been no statement as to why, they are behaving like the insulting kid in class who hides behind the teacher when the class revolts at their actions lol.

I invite Someone from Samsung to explain whats going on and why they are doing this of course, but silence will prevail with all things Fold 3 (much like it did with the first "fix" that was trumpeted on twitter months ago)

I am hopeful that the workaround i have found with @dr.ketan will see us good for a bit when the release firmware for android 12 eventually lands in Summer of 2022 (yes im being a grumpy sarcastic child today lol) but that will no doubt be patched by these Sammy psychopaths against modding eventually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

good evening all

I am uploading some odin files along with everything you need to update to a12 from stock a11 and root at the same time.

F926B ONLY

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP SO WE NEED TO FLASH BL FROM A11 FIRST!!

The process is semi-complicated and requires knowledge of basic adb and YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED BEFORE TRYING THIS

PLEASE NOTE FURTHER THAT THIS WILL KILL YOUR DATA SO PLEASE BACK UP FIRST

I will be supplying in a .7z:

- 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z - this contains BL_AUJ7.tar (essential to get TWRP working), AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar (this will upgrade the main system bits to A12 along with CP and HOMECSC), Stock CP and HOMECSC & finally the correct and working magisk to use for root -> this must be flashed in TWRP for the phone to boot rooted DESPITE the AP being magisk patched

- 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z - this contains the BUL6 A12 bootloader in BL_BUL6.tar and the stock BUL6 recovery in AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar

PROCESS
    - STARTING ON STOCK A11

1 - Unzip from the main .7z supplied and extract 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z & connect phone to PC (please ensure dev settings are enabled and that you have unlocked bootloader and checked "Oem unlock" is faded out under dev settings)

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL_AUJ7.tar in BL, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP - Hopefully as we have flashed the a11 bootloader, touchscreen still works

4 - Head to the TWRP wipe menu and format device (type yes and press enter) - then reboot TWRP

5 - when TWRP has rebooted, go to the mounts menu and disable MTP -> this will allow us to send app-debug.zip (magisk) to your sdcard

6 - copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working

7 - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer) - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see this app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device

8 - as stated previously, i have disabled encryption therefore we just need to boot STRAIGHT to Download mode (with phone connected to PC) and load the contents of the second .7z, 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z -> AP needs AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar and BL needs BL_BUL6.tar - flash the files :)

9 - once the flash is complete, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in stock recovery (it might take a while and reboot once)

10 - In stock recovery, select "Reboot to system" and let phone start up - you should now see a magisk stub in the app drawer meaning you are rooted :p
    SAMSUNG have finally seen some sense and killed this "feature"

I can confirm that i have upgraded to stable BUL6 on F926B witj Unlocked bootloader and the camera is working perfectly
    Flash this in magisk for csc features and 1000 fonts. Just been playing about with modules lol
    We now have root - i am absolutely shagged so will provide rooted files to update with tomorrow

Big thanks to the riru guys who are working on Magisk at the moment for this