Question TO BE CLOSED AS IS DEFUNCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Ill be selling my entire "samsung ecosystem" for a Pixel 6 pro come January i expect -> especially if this retarded madness spills over onto the S22 line
VERY much looking to jump the Sammy ship as well. Just seems like they aren't interested in listening to the customers...even us. I truly believe they are butt-hurt that the dev community makes better ROMs and improves their products.

But the Pixel and Sony are looking WAY better.

Reactions: Flame Red

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
@exocetdj I catch your drift man – this is totally ridiculous and it's apparent they are doing it intentionally.

The only thing is – how can you go back to a regular phone? I mean right when this madness started – when I first reported here that they are warning the camera will be blocked I was like: to hell with it, I'll take the phone back right away and go back to Note 20.

Then I decided I'll use it rooted without the cam for 2 weeks, and if a fix wasn't in by then – lol, optimist :mad:) – I'll return the phone.

After just a day or so – I was like: **** it, I can't go back to a regular phone! Even without the camera, the usability on this hardware – nice thin, one handed phone when closed, nice tab-wide document reader when opened – is just so much superior to even the Note 20 Ultra – I just couldn't use a regular phone again.

How can you do it?

Reactions: 小林 卍

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
VERY much looking to jump the Sammy ship as well. Just seems like they aren't interested in listening to the customers...even us. I truly believe they are butt-hurt that the dev community makes better ROMs and improves their products.

But the Pixel and Sony are looking WAY better.
Don't be so sure. Pixel 6 Pro is the most imperfect (perfect) device I have. And while you can root on the device...
Check the Pixel 6/pro forums. It's not a perfect solution at the least. However, I think Android 12 is pretty bad. Samsung's implementation of root (or lack thereof) is equally bad

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
@exocetdj I catch your drift man – this is totally ridiculous and it's apparent they are doing it intentionally.

The only thing is – how can you go back to a regular phone? I mean right when this madness started – when I first reported here that they are warning the camera will be blocked I was like: to hell with it, I'll take the phone back right away and go back to Note 20.

Then I decided I'll use it rooted without the cam for 2 weeks, and if a fix wasn't in by then – lol, optimist :mad:) – I'll return the phone.

After just a day or so – I was like: **** it, I can't go back to a regular phone! Even without the camera, the usability on this hardware – nice thin, one handed phone when closed, nice tab-wide document reader when opened – is just so much superior to even the Note 20 Ultra – I just couldn't use a regular phone again.

How can you do it?
Depends how angry i am at the time i consider selling it i guess hahaha

Still potential yet for this device though - all depends on what happens soon

Don't be so sure. Pixel 6 Pro is the most imperfect (perfect) device I have. And while you can root on the device...
Check the Pixel 6/pro forums. It's not a perfect solution at the least. However, I think Android 12 is pretty bad. Samsung's implementation of root (or lack thereof) is equally bad
You are totally right, I've seen articles about the issues they are having.
Being a poor teacher, I'll have this fold until it breaks or I can afford to replace it. MAYBE the Pixel will have better stability then.
But a perk is Google can push a patch out the next day if they want. Sammy...takes a few months.

But you are likely right about A12. I'm betting it was rushed and is a garbage build. Hence, let the XDA community fix it and make it run like a dream. Or not and piss everyone off...which ever. :p

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
You are totally right, I've seen articles about the issues they are having.
Being a poor teacher, I'll have this fold until it breaks or I can afford to replace it. MAYBE the Pixel will have better stability then.
But a perk is Google can push a patch out the next day if they want. Sammy...takes a few months.

But you are likely right about A12. I'm betting it was rushed and is a garbage build. Hence, let the XDA community fix it and make it run like a dream. Or not and piss everyone off...which ever. :p

SAMSUNG always stick to the latter lol

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
Thank god, man! We've got source – so root will be good, OMFG! Geez, so much pain…

Here's to your efforts – and don't lose interest before you've updated your ROM! :)

• Love
Reactions: exocetdj

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
@dr.ketan - great news in the end that Samsung have let us keep using camera on an unlocked bootloader :) camera works on BUL4
Great news Indeed.
But it's too late for me, I have decided to skip this fold and going to buy S22 (ultra/note) as it's now around the corner.
Another catch is, I have heard we in India this time may get snapdragon (s22), so have to wait how's international and majority of market follows. I will buy it according majority of users getting it.

Reactions: exocetdj

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Great news Indeed.
But it's too late for me, I have decided to skip this fold and going to buy S22 (ultra/note) as it's now around the corner.
Another catch is, I have heard we in India this time may get snapdragon (s22), so have to wait how's international and majority of market follows. I will buy it according majority of users getting it.
Thats fair enough :) hopefully encouraging in that S22 probably wont have this camera crap now (or hopefully wont) (y)(y)

Reactions: dr.ketan

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Ok to keep all you rooters updated

The issues i have been having with root are due to the issues in the links below:

"There is a new vendor_boot.img. This img now also has a fstab. Additional partitions have to be mounted when starting. Then it works. Unfortunately I don't have the sources at hand until the new year."

basically magiskinit is going absolutely tits on boot and causing a deadloop where it hangs on red text screen and then reboots to do the same about 10 mins later. As far as i can gather from the chatter in these links, some extra partitions need mounting - i am currently obtaining logs and such for the magisk peeps

Last edited:
Reactions: kepke

kepke

Dec 24, 2010
Ok to keep all you rooters updated

The issues i have been having with root are due to the issues in the links below:

"There is a new vendor_boot.img. This img now also has a fstab. Additional partitions have to be mounted when starting. Then it works. Unfortunately I don't have the sources at hand until the new year."

basically magiskinit is going absolutely tits on boot and causing a deadloop where it hangs on red text screen and then reboots to do the same about 10 mins later. As far as i can gather from the chatter in these links, some extra partitions need mounting - i am currently obtaining logs and such for the magisk peeps
Thanks so much for all the hard work you put in order to make root possible.
I can't wait for a rooted rom with camera working since i'm more than a month without camera on my phone

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
this makes me get a mild rod on lol

1640733952787.png

Reactions: kepke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just unlocked bootloader on the latest Fold 3 F926b Beta and the camera is fully functional!!! - Seems sammy have finally done away with this silly thing lol!!

Please see vid below - i will upload another showing proof of boot splash red text then camera working
    good evening all

I am uploading some odin files along with everything you need to update to a12 from stock a11 and root at the same time.

F926B ONLY

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP SO WE NEED TO FLASH BL FROM A11 FIRST!!

The process is semi-complicated and requires knowledge of basic adb and YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED BEFORE TRYING THIS

PLEASE NOTE FURTHER THAT THIS WILL KILL YOUR DATA SO PLEASE BACK UP FIRST

I will be supplying in a .7z:

- 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z - this contains BL_AUJ7.tar (essential to get TWRP working), AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar (this will upgrade the main system bits to A12 along with CP and HOMECSC), Stock CP and HOMECSC & finally the correct and working magisk to use for root -> this must be flashed in TWRP for the phone to boot rooted DESPITE the AP being magisk patched

- 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z - this contains the BUL6 A12 bootloader in BL_BUL6.tar and the stock BUL6 recovery in AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar

PROCESS
    - STARTING ON STOCK A11

1 - Unzip from the main .7z supplied and extract 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z & connect phone to PC (please ensure dev settings are enabled and that you have unlocked bootloader and checked "Oem unlock" is faded out under dev settings)

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL_AUJ7.tar in BL, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP - Hopefully as we have flashed the a11 bootloader, touchscreen still works

4 - Head to the TWRP wipe menu and format device (type yes and press enter) - then reboot TWRP

5 - when TWRP has rebooted, go to the mounts menu and disable MTP -> this will allow us to send app-debug.zip (magisk) to your sdcard

6 - copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working

7 - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer) - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see this app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device

8 - as stated previously, i have disabled encryption therefore we just need to boot STRAIGHT to Download mode (with phone connected to PC) and load the contents of the second .7z, 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z -> AP needs AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar and BL needs BL_BUL6.tar - flash the files :)

9 - once the flash is complete, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in stock recovery (it might take a while and reboot once)

10 - In stock recovery, select "Reboot to system" and let phone start up - you should now see a magisk stub in the app drawer meaning you are rooted :p
    SAMSUNG have finally seen some sense and killed this "feature"

I can confirm that i have upgraded to stable BUL6 on F926B witj Unlocked bootloader and the camera is working perfectly
    Flash this in magisk for csc features and 1000 fonts. Just been playing about with modules lol
    We now have root - i am absolutely shagged so will provide rooted files to update with tomorrow

Big thanks to the riru guys who are working on Magisk at the moment for this