Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fujiko_T

Dec 22, 2021
Tokyo
2 quotations to help me and others.
- Is this only for the 926B?
- Is this for 12? Or will it help root 11?
If you have F926N, you can root it by following steps. (camera will die)

1. Unlocking BL.
2. Flash firmware AUJ7 (a11) using Odin.
3. Install magisk v.23 and open it to check ramdisk info saying “yes”.
4. Extract AP.tar.md5 (by 7-zip etc.) and find boot.img.lz4 from, and create a tar archive.
5. Transfer it to your phone, and patch it by magisk. (go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.)
6. Flash magisk_patched tar file via Odin (AP slot) and reboot manually. (need to uncheck auto reboot before flash it)
7. As soon as your phone rebooted, press vol.up + power button for a few seconds to go into stock recovery mode.
8. In recovery mode, select factory reset and run it.
9. Finish initial setting and follow as magisk requires.
10. Enjoy!
Screenshot_20211222-120109.jpg

If you have F926N, you can root it by following steps. (camera will die)

1. Unlocking BL.
2. Flash firmware AUJ7 (a11) using Odin.
3. Install magisk v.23 and open it to check ramdisk info saying “yes”.
4. Extract AP.tar.md5 (by 7-zip etc.) and find boot.img.lz4 from, and create a tar archive.
5. Transfer it to your phone, and patch it by magisk. (go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file.)
6. Flash magisk_patched tar file via Odin (AP slot) and reboot manually. (need to uncheck auto reboot before flash it)
7. As soon as your phone rebooted, press vol.up + power button for a few seconds to go into stock recovery mode.
8. In recovery mode, select factory reset and run it.
9. Finish initial setting and follow as magisk requires.
10. Enjoy!
View attachment 5495465
Right, that's a known issue. I'm wondering if this exploit would work on the other versions, or only the B version.

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
good evening all

I am uploading some odin files along with everything you need to update to a12 from stock a11 and root at the same time.

F926B ONLY

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP SO WE NEED TO FLASH BL FROM A11 FIRST!!

The process is semi-complicated and requires knowledge of basic adb and YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED BEFORE TRYING THIS

PLEASE NOTE FURTHER THAT THIS WILL KILL YOUR DATA SO PLEASE BACK UP FIRST

I will be supplying in a .7z:

- 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z - this contains BL_AUJ7.tar (essential to get TWRP working), AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar (this will upgrade the main system bits to A12 along with CP and HOMECSC), Stock CP and HOMECSC & finally the correct and working magisk to use for root -> this must be flashed in TWRP for the phone to boot rooted DESPITE the AP being magisk patched

- 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z - this contains the BUL6 A12 bootloader in BL_BUL6.tar and the stock BUL6 recovery in AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar

PROCESS
- STARTING ON STOCK A11

1 - Unzip from the main .7z supplied and extract 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z & connect phone to PC (please ensure dev settings are enabled and that you have unlocked bootloader and checked "Oem unlock" is faded out under dev settings)

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL_AUJ7.tar in BL, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP - Hopefully as we have flashed the a11 bootloader, touchscreen still works

4 - Head to the TWRP wipe menu and format device (type yes and press enter) - then reboot TWRP

5 - when TWRP has rebooted, go to the mounts menu and disable MTP -> this will allow us to send app-debug.zip (magisk) to your sdcard

6 - copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working

7 - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer) - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see this app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device

8 - as stated previously, i have disabled encryption therefore we just need to boot STRAIGHT to Download mode (with phone connected to PC) and load the contents of the second .7z, 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z -> AP needs AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar and BL needs BL_BUL6.tar - flash the files :)

9 - once the flash is complete, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in stock recovery (it might take a while and reboot once)

10 - In stock recovery, select "Reboot to system" and let phone start up - you should now see a magisk stub in the app drawer meaning you are rooted :p

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
good evening all

I am uploading some odin files along with everything you need to update to a12 from stock a11 and root at the same time.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL TWRP SO WE NEED TO FLASH BL FROM A11 FIRST!!

The process is semi-complicated and requires knowledge of basic adb and YOU MUST HAVE ADB INSTALLED BEFORE TRYING THIS

- 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z - this contains BL_AUJ7.tar (essential to get TWRP working), AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar (this will upgrade the main system bits to A12 along with CP and HOMECSC), Stock CP and HOMECSC & finally the correct and working magisk to use for root -> this must be flashed in TWRP for the phone to boot rooted DESPITE the AP being magisk patched

- 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z - this contains the BUL6 A12 bootloader in BL_BUL6.tar and the stock BUL6 recovery in AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar

PROCESS
- STARTING ON STOCK A11

1 - Unzip from the main .7z supplied and extract 1st_Odin_Flash_&_ROOT.7z & connect phone to PC (please ensure dev settings are enabled and that you have unlocked bootloader and checked "Oem unlock" is faded out under dev settings)

2 - load ODIN on PC and disable AUTO Reboot - Next load BL_AUJ7.tar in BL, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar in AP, Stock CP in CP and Stock HOMECSC in CSC

3 - Click start to flash the files - when completed, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in TWRP - Hopefully as we have flashed the a11 bootloader, touchscreen still works

4 - Head to the TWRP wipe menu and format device (type yes and press enter) - then reboot TWRP

5 - when TWRP has rebooted, go to the mounts menu and disable MTP -> this will allow us to send app-debug.zip (magisk) to your sdcard

6 - copy app-debug.zip to your adb folder and then open a command window and first confirm adb is working by typing adb devices you should see your device listed and "recovery" next to the device in command window - this means adb is working

7 - type adb push app-debug.zip /sdcard this should send the app-debug.zip to internal storage (or sdcard if you prefer) - go to the TWRP flash menu and you should see this app-debug.zip, flash it to root your A12 device

8 - as stated previously, i have disabled encryption therefore we just need to boot STRAIGHT to Download mode (with phone connected to PC) and load the contents of the second .7z, 2nd_Odin_Flash_Rec&BL.7z -> AP needs AP_Stock-recovery_F926B_BUL6.tar and BL needs BL_BUL6.tar - flash the files :)

9 - once the flash is complete, keeping phone connected to PC, press and hold power and volume down and as soon as the screen turns off, press and hold vol up and power UNTIL in stock recovery (it might take a while and reboot once)

10 - In stock recovery, select "Reboot to system" and let phone start up - you should now see a magisk stub in the app drawer meaning you are rooted :p
Hey man, I want to thank you for your hard work on this and I really appreciate your help. I want you to know that I've been switching from apple to android back and forth since I can remember currently switched from apple (jailbroken) back to android to try the new z fold 3. Found out that Samsung is as bad as Apple once I had the phone regarding freedom lol.

To my understanding, currently I'm running android 12 bul6. I need to downgrade first, flash twrp recovery and unlock bootloader before flashing bul6 again? Thanks again!

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Hey man, I want to thank you for your hard work on this and I really appreciate your help. I want you to know that I've been switching from apple to android back and forth since I can remember currently switched from apple (jailbroken) back to android to try the new z fold 3. Found out that Samsung is as bad as Apple once I had the phone regarding freedom lol.

To my understanding, currently I'm running android 12 bul6. I need to downgrade first, flash twrp recovery and unlock bootloader before flashing bul6 again? Thanks again!
You should be able to follow the process as normal mate. It will wipe data though whether you start on a11 stock or a12 stock

Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
You should be able to follow the process as normal mate. It will wipe data though whether you start on a11 stock or a12 stock
Yeah I know. Unfortunately that's how it works when unlocking the bootloader. Okay perfect. I will just await your files and do the exact process as described.
I have one last question if I may ask, if we did have TWRP for android 12, this whole process would be a lot easier right? It's been a while since I've been in the android scene and I can remember when I had the nexus 5 twrp was my best friend, that said this means that we will have root without twrp on android 12 at the end right?

Reactions: exocetdj

kepke

Dec 24, 2010
good evening all

PROCESS
- STARTING ON STOCK A11

I love you man. I want to marry you and have children.
I even told my wife and she said it's the right thing to do but maybe I should say goodbye to the children before I go.
Anyway, amazing work, thanks a lot.

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Yeah I know. Unfortunately that's how it works when unlocking the bootloader. Okay perfect. I will just await your files and do the exact process as described.
I have one last question if I may ask, if we did have TWRP for android 12, this whole process would be a lot easier right? It's been a while since I've been in the android scene and I can remember when I had the nexus 5 twrp was my best friend, that said this means that we will have root without twrp on android 12 at the end right?
Correct. This is as simple as I have been able to make it for now but it will get easier as soon as we have a fully functioning TWRP

Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
Correct. This is as simple as I have been able to make it for now but it will get easier as soon as we have a fully functioning TWRP
unfortunately i can't get my phone into recovery mode after flashing the first files. It shows bootloader unlock message first, i have to press the power button and after that nothings happens except red text showing the firmware is not from samsung. what do i do wrong?

Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
unfortunately i can't get my phone into recovery mode after flashing the first files. It shows bootloader unlock message first, i have to press the power button and after that nothings happens except red text showing the firmware is not from samsung. what do i do wrong?
Sorry, Im a dumb ass. TWRP is on the big screen.... For everyone who thinks it didnt work... it did....

Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
good evening all

PROCESS
- STARTING ON STOCK A11

Well, I want to thank you for the clear manual on how to install it. I've installed it just now and out of the blue magisk appeared in my app drawer ;). Thanks a lot man! Now the fun game starts. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just unlocked bootloader on the latest Fold 3 F926b Beta and the camera is fully functional!!! - Seems sammy have finally done away with this silly thing lol!!

Please see vid below - i will upload another showing proof of boot splash red text then camera working
    good evening all

F926B ONLY

PROCESS
    - STARTING ON STOCK A11

SAMSUNG have finally seen some sense and killed this "feature"

I can confirm that i have upgraded to stable BUL6 on F926B witj Unlocked bootloader and the camera is working perfectly
    Flash this in magisk for csc features and 1000 fonts. Just been playing about with modules lol
    We now have root - i am absolutely shagged so will provide rooted files to update with tomorrow

Big thanks to the riru guys who are working on Magisk at the moment for this