Please select 3 features you want, and make them be part of our weekly dev plan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Tomi File Manager manage your own music, pictures, videos, documents, downloads and applications easily and high efficiently.

Download links:
Goolge Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjykogg3/Tomi_File_Manager.apk

The team invite you to work together and build Tomi File Manager with your own ideas.
Join discussion and share your suggestions on thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52849254

We start a continued vote to features you want in a weekly cycle, to vote the features we should add to our dev plan for next week.

Features for your vote:
- Move file to target folder - suggested by @balilu
- Edit ID3 tag of music file - suggested by @Horcza
- Send folder to home screen - suggested by @Walter.White, @FiniteDGk
- Set music as ringtone - suggested by @Horcza
- Image Browser - make self images browser - suggested by @dummie999, @FiniteDGk

Due to scheduled dev plan, we have to postponed the following two features to next vote.
- Support Dropbox - suggested by @Walter.White
- Support manage to archive files - suggested by @FiniteDGk, @dummie999, @balilu, @abhishek 9650

Rules for vote:
1. The vote starts from Friday to next Thursday;
2. Top 3 voted features will add to our dev plan for next week;
3. Selected features will be released on next Thursday.

Top 3 features in our week#1 vote have been added into dev plan of next week (20140523~20140529):
- Downloads - new directory for downloaded files
- Root Access - for rooted devices only
- Hide - set selected folders/files not listed
And you will get them in next release, possible on next Thursday. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: avirk

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
As suggested by you, I am re-posting my views here. @uuOuu, if possible, please add an option to sort the music by date added or last modified. Currently, music is listed alphabetically. Most users would like to hear the latest songs first . Also the settings menu is accessible only from the home screem, rather it should be accessible from anywhere within the app. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: uuOuu

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
As suggested by you, I am re-posting my views here. @uuOuu, if possible, please add an option to sort the music by date added or last modified. Currently, music is listed alphabetically. Most users would like to hear the latest songs first . Thanks

Hi @digesh9870, the dev list has fixed according to the latest vote, discussed with dev team, they will support this feature in their free time. If you have any other requirement, we will add to the vote list, your vote will fast the progress.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
@balilu
the feature "Move file to target folder" is in poll.
In our dev plan, this is the same as you mentioned "Cut & paste", but I wonder if you have more ideas to file operations on mobile, kindly please share more experience while you dealing with files.

Many thanks.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Hi All, you can also leave your idea/suggestions here, to build our own file manager together. :D
We shall collect all your suggestions, and schedule in our dev/poll list.

Reactions: avirk

Mr..X

Sep 4, 2013
delhi
i would request you to add feature's which are:
1.preview of audio file while selecting audio files for sending via whatever

will add more in a few minutes gotta go somewhere...

dummie999

Mar 2, 2014
@uuOuu

Feature request: editing permissions. Allows you set r/w permission for owner/group/everyone.

Another feature request: Instead of displaying share folders not available, you could perhaps just remove the option.

Yet another feature request: allow removing /system apps (root only of course), but add a warning: you are removing a system app etc. etc.

avirk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 21, 2012
Here are my requests to make it awesome,

Symlink the application from Preload to System app for Samsung device (Or say create a link for the file) option.
Backup the apk and its data.
Backup the application automatically when installed/updates on user choice, also an option to keep the max versions.
Open and edit ability for zip files even to create zip files.

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
Hey some features to add:
- permissions changer for root, if possible also multi file premission changer. I couldnt find this in any root explorer.
- root - mount rw
- cloud for dropbox, gdrive etc.,
- if we have app manager why not to give us app backup with this?
- rar unpacking if not present, I dont know
- playlists creator? I remember it was in old astro file browser and was working great with Sony Walkman which dont have playlists creator from folders
- maybe it is posiible to add custom path for bluetooth? Would be awesome
- and stilll thinking what more.

Anyway it is first file manager where users are choosing features mostly :)

Reactions: uuOuu

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
- permissions changer for root, if possible also multi file premission changer. I couldnt find this in any root explorer.
- root - mount rw
- playlists creator? I remember it was in old astro file browser and was working great with Sony Walkman which dont have playlists creator from folders

Hi friend,
#1 & #2 is in testing, and would be released today.
#3 support dropbox is now in feature poll, please see: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/tomi-file-manager-vote-features-release-t2801049
#4. what kind of backup you need? backup apk? or backup app and its data as well? or any idea from you?
#5. unpacking is supported in current version, please try
#6. why you need the playlist creator? and what kind of player you want us to support?
#7. what kind of custom path for bluetooth? do you mean sharing file via bluetooth? could you give me more ideas??

BTW, could you pls post your idea in thread : http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/tomi-file-manager-vote-features-release-t2801049
this thread is an old one. :(

Many thanks.

Reactions: Mr..X
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tomi File Manager manage your own music, pictures, videos, documents, downloads and applications easily and high efficiently.

Download links:
    Goolge Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomitools.filemanager
    Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ovubciwjykogg3/Tomi_File_Manager.apk

The team invite you to work together and build Tomi File Manager with your own ideas.
    Join discussion and share your suggestions on thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52849254

We start a continued vote to features you want in a weekly cycle, to vote the features we should add to our dev plan for next week.

Features for your vote:
    - Move file to target folder - suggested by @balilu
    - Edit ID3 tag of music file - suggested by @Horcza
    - Send folder to home screen - suggested by @Walter.White, @FiniteDGk
    - Set music as ringtone - suggested by @Horcza
    - Image Browser - make self images browser - suggested by @dummie999, @FiniteDGk

Due to scheduled dev plan, we have to postponed the following two features to next vote.
    - Support Dropbox - suggested by @Walter.White
    - Support manage to archive files - suggested by @FiniteDGk, @dummie999, @balilu, @abhishek 9650

Rules for vote:
    1. The vote starts from Friday to next Thursday;
    2. Top 3 voted features will add to our dev plan for next week;
    3. Selected features will be released on next Thursday.

Top 3 features in our week#1 vote have been added into dev plan of next week (20140523~20140529):
    - Downloads - new directory for downloaded files
    - Root Access - for rooted devices only
    - Hide - set selected folders/files not listed
    And you will get them in next release, possible on next Thursday. :)
    As suggested by you, I am re-posting my views here. @uuOuu, if possible, please add an option to sort the music by date added or last modified. Currently, music is listed alphabetically. Most users would like to hear the latest songs first . Also the settings menu is accessible only from the home screem, rather it should be accessible from anywhere within the app. Thank you.

Hi All, you can also leave your idea/suggestions here, to build our own file manager together. :D
    We shall collect all your suggestions, and schedule in our dev/poll list.
    - root - mount rw

- root - mount rw

Hi friend,
    #1 & #2 is in testing, and would be released today.
    #3 support dropbox is now in feature poll, please see: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/tomi-file-manager-vote-features-release-t2801049
    #4. what kind of backup you need? backup apk? or backup app and its data as well? or any idea from you?
    #5. unpacking is supported in current version, please try
    #6. why you need the playlist creator? and what kind of player you want us to support?
    #7. what kind of custom path for bluetooth? do you mean sharing file via bluetooth? could you give me more ideas??

BTW, could you pls post your idea in thread : http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/tomi-file-manager-vote-features-release-t2801049
    this thread is an old one. :(

Many thanks.