Took 4.4.3 OTA with custom recovery >.<

Search This thread

Trantzz

Mar 24, 2011
Hello experts,

As the title states I ignorantly took the OTA 4.4.3 with TWRP installed. After downloading the phone asked if I wanted to install the new firmware. I clicked yes and my phone went right into recovery. I tried to nan droid back to Venom 1.8 and It just stuck on the splash screen. I tried multiple venom rom nan droids and none would boot.

I was able to nan droid back to my stock back up (not stock recovery but everything else). I flashed the stock recovery through adb/fastboot and am now trying the OTA again. I assume the OTA should work now ( unless I am missing something ?).

Once the OTA takes, assuming it does, should I be able to restore back to venom ? What was preventing the restore from working originally?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

-Tony

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello experts,

As the title states I ignorantly took the OTA 4.4.3 with TWRP installed. After downloading the phone asked if I wanted to install the new firmware. I clicked yes and my phone went right into recovery. I tried to nan droid back to Venom 1.8 and It just stuck on the splash screen. I tried multiple venom rom nan droids and none would boot.

I was able to nan droid back to my stock back up (not stock recovery but everything else). I flashed the stock recovery through adb/fastboot and am now trying the OTA again. I assume the OTA should work now ( unless I am missing something ?).

Once the OTA takes, assuming it does, should I be able to restore back to venom ? What was preventing the restore from working originally?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

-Tony

Twrp recovery doesn't flash firmware. If all you want is the updated firmware, go to tigerstown's thread and flash the firmware only zip and stay on venom the whole time.

Trantzz

Mar 24, 2011
College assisten

Twrp recovery doesn't flash firmware. If all you want is the updated firmware, go to tigerstown's thread and flash the firmware only zip and stay on venom the whole time.

Yes, going forward I will install the firmware via fast boot . Since I had a stock backup ( so I thought) I wanted to try it this way.

Everything is working as intended now. Once I flashed the stock recovery the phone updated and I was able to restore Venom 1.8.

Thanks for your input.

-T