• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Took OTA update, now AOD will not work

Search This thread

draexo

I took the OTA update for my AT&T LM-V600AM (LGV60). This put me onto software version "V600AM10w", with the December 1st, 2020 security patch. I have attached screen shot. Since the update, my AOD (always-on-display) will not work. I have deleted the cache and restarted, I have deleted and redownloaded the AOD's I wanted and reinstalled them. I have toggled the AOD on and off. No luck. I am out of ideas. Does anyone have a clue? phone info here.

Attachments

• phoneinfo.png
    phoneinfo.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 54

draexo

Does it do anything when you set it to only display for 10 seconds? Do you have a Google nest device that sends you notifications?
Thanks for your reply!

I did a factory reset in an attempt to fix this. No luck. I believe it was the last software update that caused this.

No to Google Nest.

If I set it to display for 10 seconds, it flashes rapidly.... it blinks on and off very fast. Eventually it stops blinking on and off very fast and just disappears.

If I set it to always on, it does nothing. Screen just goes blank.

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
Thanks for your reply!

I did a factory reset in an attempt to fix this. No luck. I believe it was the last software update that caused this.

No to Google Nest.

If I set it to display for 10 seconds, it flashes rapidly.... it blinks on and off very fast. Eventually it stops blinking on and off very fast and just disappears.

Yes, mine does the exact same thing. But I found it was the nest notification on my device. As soon as I swipe it away my AOD works properly again. I wonder if it is a notification of some sort on yours too? I also factory reset and all that, turns out for no reason.

Reactions: draexo

prbigo91

Sep 28, 2010
I took the OTA update for my AT&T LM-V600AM (LGV60). This put me onto software version "V600AM10w", with the December 1st, 2020 security patch. I have attached screen shot. Since the update, my AOD (always-on-display) will not work. I have deleted the cache and restarted, I have deleted and redownloaded the AOD's I wanted and reinstalled them. I have toggled the AOD on and off. No luck. I am out of ideas. Does anyone have a clue? phone info here.
Sent wit
I have found that when I had set up the Bedtime Mode in the Digital Wellbeing settings that unless you turn off the "Keep the screen dark" in the Bedtime Mode customizations, the AOD will go dark. I hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does it do anything when you set it to only display for 10 seconds? Do you have a Google nest device that sends you notifications?
    Thanks for your reply!

No to Google Nest.

Yes, mine does the exact same thing. But I found it was the nest notification on my device. As soon as I swipe it away my AOD works properly again. I wonder if it is a notification of some sort on yours too? I also factory reset and all that, turns out for no reason.
    You might be on to something. I cleared all my notifications and let the AOD kick in and it is fine. I guess I just need to figure out which one it is.