[TOOL] 06/22/14 One Click Factory Restore KTU84P.4.4.4 (dead or alive)

Search This thread

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Warning this will erase your entire phone and restore it to KTU84P
I'm NOT responsible if you bork your phone because you can't follow simple instructions!
I originally created this for the Nexus7 2013, and it's proved invaluable for recovering from "pilot errors", and decided to create one for the Nexus5
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) If for whatever reason you don't already have your drivers installed on your PC, download and install DRIVERS (Win 8 Driver instructions included).
2) Download and extract Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
3) Turn on your phone, and connect your phone to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the phone)
4) Open up folder where you extracted the Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus5.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
6) If your phone will not boot and you need to restore, boot your phone into fastboot (volume down and power), connect phone to PC, and click the "Dead_Nexus5.bat" file found in the folder.

Video was created for the Nexus 7 2013, but the procedure is EXACTLY the same.
For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hectdvR9Y6c

I'm NOT responsible if you bork your phone because you can't follow simple instructions!

FAQ:
1) Your bootloader will still be unlocked after this procedure. If you want to relock it, you will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Phone in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
2)
You will be unrooted after this procedure
3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility.
If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.

CHANGE LOG:
06/22/14:
Updated with KTU84P images (Android 4.4.4)
06/03/14:
Updated with KTU84M images (Android 4.4.3)
12/11/13:
Updated with KOT49H images (Android 4.4.2)
11/05/13:
Initial Release MD5 Sum 7554edb9b2ec2a18bf520506799c5834

Last edited:

bokoy

Jan 30, 2012
You know I thank you a lot.
I used his software on the flo, several times... is the best way to get a fresh and clean install.
Regards

Reactions: ATGAdmin

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
Thank you! I just used it, works great.

I take it this includes the initial ~128MB download? I wasn't prompted to update on first boot using this tool.

Last edited:

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth

I take it this includes the initial ~128MB download? I wasn't prompted to update on first boot using this tool.

+1 on this question.

And many thanks to the OP - this is an absolutely awesome thing! No toolkit or anything needed. I have it saved for future reference.
Out of interest, why couldn't you make an option that locked the bootloader? This would make it the ultimate 'RMA' tool.

Thanks.

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com

The images used in the tool were taken directly from the factory images posted on Googles web site here. They must have included the update in them?!? ;)

+1 on this question.

And many thanks to the OP - this is an absolutely awesome thing! No toolkit or anything needed. I have it saved for future reference.
Out of interest, why couldn't you make an option that locked the bootloader? This would make it the ultimate 'RMA' tool.

Thanks.

This tool was created to save your device should you "screw the pooch", as often happens when a new device comes out, and people inadvertently mess up their phones in one way or another. Quite frankly if you can't type "fastboot oem lock" in fastboot then you probably should own one of these instead of a Nexus5
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for life" ;)

Reactions: jay2o01 and mcwifi

bokoy

Jan 30, 2012
Quite frankly if you can't type "fastboot oem lock" in fastboot then you probably should own one of these instead of a Nexus5
"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for life" ;)

Lol, really good answer.
I used it to rma my flo and was the only time I locked it back, and I have used his tool a lot of times to restore and install fresh update, new kernell, kernell issue fixing... if it were lock after restoring every time I would be screwed 99% of the times loosing time unlocking that really takes time, oem lock is one sec command.

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
The images used in the tool were taken directly from the factory images posted on Googles web site here. They must have included the update in them?!? ;)

This tool was created to save your device should you "screw the pooch", as often happens when a new device comes out, and people inadvertently mess up their phones in one way or another. Quite frankly if you can't type "fastboot oem lock" in fastboot then you probably should own one of these instead of a Nexus5

I completely agree with you, despite your condescending and assumptive tone - the nexus is simply a phone. I've changed ROM's, kernels and a slew of other things on every Android phone since cupcake. Not quite sure why some people think that owning a nexus phone is some kind of exclusive 'club'. Heck, I've seen some 'mighty' nexus owners running TW themed ROM's, and despite my dislike of Samsung's fugly UI, it demonstrates my point - its just a phone! Thanks again for your contribution.

rivlez

Sep 9, 2008
New York
Thanks for this!! My phone got messed up modding and was stuck on boot using the other toolkits to restore. This resolved my problem!

ifti_a

Apr 7, 2010
London
Thanks, needed something like this, had to use Google bat file a few days ago

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning this will erase your entire phone and restore it to KTU84P
    I originally created this for the Nexus7 2013, and it's proved invaluable for recovering from "pilot errors", and decided to create one for the Nexus5
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) If for whatever reason you don't already have your drivers installed on your PC, download and install DRIVERS (Win 8 Driver instructions included).
    2) Download and extract Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
    3) Turn on your phone, and connect your phone to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the phone)
    4) Open up folder where you extracted the Restore_Nexus_5_KTU84P.zip
    5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus5.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
    6) If your phone will not boot and you need to restore, boot your phone into fastboot (volume down and power), connect phone to PC, and click the "Dead_Nexus5.bat" file found in the folder.

Video was created for the Nexus 7 2013, but the procedure is EXACTLY the same.
    For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hectdvR9Y6c

FAQ:
    1) Your bootloader will still be unlocked after this procedure. If you want to relock it, you will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Phone in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
    2)
    You will be unrooted after this procedure
    3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility.
    If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.

CHANGE LOG:
    06/22/14:
    Updated with KTU84P images (Android 4.4.4)
    06/03/14:
    12/11/13:
    11/05/13:
    Initial Release MD5 Sum 7554edb9b2ec2a18bf520506799c5834
    Will update to 4.4.1 as soon as the images are released ;)
    CHANGE LOG:
    12/11/13:
    update changelog

06/03/14:
    Can I donate you or something? You saved me $400, because I almost bought a new one.
    Thank you so much!!

No thank you, just hit the thanks button, and I'm glad I could help ;)

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app