• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL][1.6.1][3-07-16] Squabbi's Toolkit for the HTC One M9

Search This thread

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Code:
*** Disclaimer ***

I am not responsible for nuclear war, your dog going hungry , also not for damage done to your device.

Introduction

This is my third grand release of my own Toolkit for the HTC One M9 and its several variations of its kind. This is a nifty exe that allows the user to complete most of the common ADB and Fastboot commands from unlocking the bootloader to sideloading ZIP files. Also that it provides a sleek and modern interface to download and check for recovery updates.
Drivers for ADB and Fastboot are also easily downloaded and installed on startup so you are ready to go and rumble with your new M9. Included in this project is an auto-updater that allows you to get the latest release of the toolkit that may improve performance, squash bugs or fix a potential threat to your phone!

Images
Latest Version 1.6.1:
fyuxddD.png

Installation instructions
Download the .zip
* Extract HTC One M9 Toolkit 2.exe
* Run HTC One M9 Toolkit 2.exe (Requires .NET Framework 4.5)

Download

Changelog
Code:
Current changelog: 3/07/2016
[note] Updated to 1.6.1
[new] Auto-updater
[changed] list location grabbing

Older changelogs:

Code:
Current changelog: 2/07/2016
[note] Updated to 1.6
[changed] Material/Metro UI
[removed] Auto-Updater
[new] Download and Flash TWRP
[new] Download and Flash SuperSU

Code:
Current changelog: 24/08/15
[note] Updated to 1.5
[new] Re-arranged download status
[new] Added new 'Getting Started' section
[new] Added new method of detecting if drivers are installed
[new] Check for updates button
[changed] Auto-Updater for the Toolkit

Code:
Current changelog: 15/07/15
[note] Updated to 1.4
[new] Downloads tab where you can download different goodies.
[changed] Link debug area
[changed] Removed manual commands input
[changed] Moved 'Uninstall HTC Sync' to 'About' tab
[fixed] Incorrect and damaging code.

FAQ

XDA:DevDB Information
HTC One M9 Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors
squabbi, k1ll3r8e, Sneakyghost, Captain_Throwback

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.6.1
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-03

Created 2015-04-07
Last Updated 2016-07-03

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Changelogs

Changelog (Latest to Oldest):

Latest changelogs in the first post! :)

Version 1.3.1
- Fixes issue for missing files.
- Fixes issue for version not showing properly.

Version 1.0.1
- Fixed Recovery Downloads

Version 1.0.0.0:
- Initial Release

Last edited:

IronSingh

Nov 2, 2010
Kuwait
Xiaomi Mi 11
As soon as I run the App the First time, it asks for Device type I select GSM.

It proceeds to download the Recoveries and adb.

i waits a few seconds the it just Bugs out. Log attached

I thought it was .net related so I updated it, it worked right after.

Attachments

• 04102015_092044.txt
    304 bytes · Views: 466

METALLICAM

Dec 29, 2009
WI
Thanx for all your work ..... this tool is great to have!! 1 thing though, when i fire it up first, it asks for phone type and I select AT&T. The download for recoveries took approximately 20 min. Is this normal? Now the second time I fired it up, it asked again what device and it is downloading the recoveries all over again. Is this normal for your tool? Is it something on my end?

Also, when I check for updates within your tool I get the following error....
wyUpdate exited prematurely
"The wyUpdate executable was not found: E:\......\......\M9Toolkit 1.0\Updater.exe"

The update exe is named wyUpdate.exe but the command is looking for Updater.exe.....

When I double click on the wyUpdate.exe I get "An error occurred" Here's the error...."Error trying to save file: Could not download "http://squabbi.square7.ch/toolkit/m9/updates/wyserver.wys" - a web page was returned from the web server."

Thanx in advance

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
As soon as I run the App the First time, it asks for Device type I select GSM.

It proceeds to download the Recoveries and adb.

i waits a few seconds the it just Bugs out. Log attached

I thought it was .net related so I updated it, it worked right after.

Thank you for the bug report! I'll get to see whats the issue immediately. :)

Reactions: xokeman

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Thanx for all your work ..... this tool is great to have!! 1 thing though, when i fire it up first, it asks for phone type and I select AT&T. The download for recoveries took approximately 20 min. Is this normal? Now the second time I fired it up, it asked again what device and it is downloading the recoveries all over again. Is this normal for your tool? Is it something on my end?

Also, when I check for updates within your tool I get the following error....
wyUpdate exited prematurely
"The wyUpdate executable was not found: E:\......\......\M9Toolkit 1.0\Updater.exe"

The update exe is named wyUpdate.exe but the command is looking for Updater.exe.....

When I double click on the wyUpdate.exe I get "An error occurred" Here's the error...."Error trying to save file: Could not download "http://squabbi.square7.ch/toolkit/m9/updates/wyserver.wys" - a web page was returned from the web server."

Thanx in advance

Downloading the recoveries was faster before and it took ages for me as well. So I'll get back to you on that! :) But as for the updater issue, its my fault again. Change wyUpdate.exe to Updater.exe and it should work. In the next update I'll fix it up to use wyUpdate. :)

EDIT: I'm not sure why it asked you to download things again. Did you move the exe or rename the folder?

And please download the latest version please! The updater works on that one! :D

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
New Update! 1.0.1

Sorry for the broken initial release! Please forgive me! :D

If you have the 1.0.0.0 version, please remove it and download this one! Thank you!

Download here! Download 1.0.1

Thank you again!

Reactions: brittoking

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I haven't seen Sneaky's zip for now, I'll take a look at it later. :) As for TWRP, it uses Capitan Throwbacks's TWRP: 2.8.6.4.

Here I'll make it easy for ya ;)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59783535&postcount=4

Swapped out recoveries for newer versions.
Swapped out ADB and Fastboot for a newer pack (thanks @LlabTooFeR ) - now this Tool is fully M9 compatible and even flashes large RUU.zips.

I got some updated htc_fastboot from someone to try last night and surprisingly, it was capable to read the zip and flash it until it reached the last internal Part 7 (RUU zips are packed with a bunch of sub-zips, usually 7 on the M9), then it failed and my phone was left in nirvana with nowhere to go to. Well. It only failed to flash dzata and boot.img luckily, which are the files in that last part. So I was able to reboot into bootloader and restore some backup until I could buy an SDCard today. Well, anyhow. The updated htc_fastboot was no good either then...
Today i asked around and found someone who knew someone who knew someone who gave him some very much updated htc_fastboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: squabbi

METALLICAM

Dec 29, 2009
WI
Sorry for the broken initial release! Please forgive me! :D

If you have the 1.0.0.0 version, please remove it and download this one! Thank you!

Download here! Download 1.0.1

Thank you again!

Thank you ...... the download recoveries is a bit faster and the update check works....GREAT JOB!

Will this program always ask what device I have and download the recovery every time I fire it up?

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Thank you ...... the download recoveries is a bit faster and the update check works....GREAT JOB!

Will this program always ask what device I have and download the recovery every time I fire it up?
It doesn't for me.. So I'm not sure why it it for you.. I'll see what I can find out and let you know. :)

METALLICAM

Dec 29, 2009
WI
It doesn't for me.. So I'm not sure why it it for you.. I'll see what I can find out and let you know. :)

FUNNY, now I go to fire it up the 3rd time and it goes straight into the tool, no downloading anything......hmmmmm (I did not have my phone plugged in either time, even the 3rd time.....)

LOL, ok, now the next step "Get Unlock Token".....it reboots my phone into bootloader, creates the txt file for the token but it's blank above where it reads.."Please copy everything above this line!"

Under the Get Unlock Token button it reads....Status: Collecting token.....

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
FUNNY, now I go to fire it up the 3rd time and it goes straight into the tool, no downloading anything......hmmmmm (I did not have my phone plugged in either time, even the 3rd time.....)

LOL, ok, now the next step "Get Unlock Token".....it reboots my phone into bootloader, creates the txt file for the token but it's blank above where it reads.."Please copy everything above this line!"

Under the Get Unlock Token button it reads....Status: Collecting token.....

Any suggestions?
Ok that's weird. Haha let me know of there are any other issues. :)

METALLICAM

Dec 29, 2009
WI
Ok that's weird. Haha let me know of there are any other issues. :)

Right now that's the step I'm on and can't get past. I'm all for testing this with my completely stock AT&T M9......anything I can do to help make it easier and better ;) My girlfriend also has a stock M9 so after I get the wrinkles ironed out with mine, I will retest the tool in it's entirety.....

Reactions: squabbi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer ***

I am not responsible for nuclear war, your dog going hungry , also not for damage done to your device.

Introduction

This is my third grand release of my own Toolkit for the HTC One M9 and its several variations of its kind. This is a nifty exe that allows the user to complete most of the common ADB and Fastboot commands from unlocking the bootloader to sideloading ZIP files. Also that it provides a sleek and modern interface to download and check for recovery updates.
    Drivers for ADB and Fastboot are also easily downloaded and installed on startup so you are ready to go and rumble with your new M9. Included in this project is an auto-updater that allows you to get the latest release of the toolkit that may improve performance, squash bugs or fix a potential threat to your phone!

Images
    Latest Version 1.6.1:
    fyuxddD.png

Installation instructions
    Download the .zip
    * Extract HTC One M9 Toolkit 2.exe
    * Run HTC One M9 Toolkit 2.exe (Requires .NET Framework 4.5)

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: 3/07/2016
    [note] Updated to 1.6.1
    [new] Auto-updater
    [changed] list location grabbing

Older changelogs:

Code:
    Current changelog: 2/07/2016
    [note] Updated to 1.6
    [changed] Material/Metro UI
    [removed] Auto-Updater
    [new] Download and Flash TWRP
    [new] Download and Flash SuperSU

Code:
    Current changelog: 24/08/15
    [note] Updated to 1.5
    [new] Re-arranged download status
    [new] Added new 'Getting Started' section
    [new] Added new method of detecting if drivers are installed
    [new] Check for updates button
    [changed] Auto-Updater for the Toolkit

Code:
    Current changelog: 15/07/15
    [note] Updated to 1.4
    [new] Downloads tab where you can download different goodies.
    [changed] Link debug area
    [changed] Removed manual commands input
    [changed] Moved 'Uninstall HTC Sync' to 'About' tab
    [fixed] Incorrect and damaging code.

FAQ

XDA:DevDB Information
    HTC One M9 Toolkit, Tool/Utility for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors
    squabbi, k1ll3r8e, Sneakyghost, Captain_Throwback

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.6.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-03

Created 2015-04-07
    Last Updated 2016-07-03
    New Update! v1.4

Hey guys! Sorry for the previous versions where code wasn't checked properly. I've done that now so it should be all good! :)

What's New?

Added new downloading page where you can download device related items! Only one there at the moment but you can reply to this thread with a link to the file you want added! :)

gcmhzxl.png

And as written before I fixed some code.

Downloads

Downloads

Thank you! :)
    New update! Version 1.6!

Hey everyone! It's been almost 6 months since the last update and I'm back with it's (almost) final release. You will be able to see new updates to TWRP and SuperSU as they come out and I update the lists.

So, version 1.6 features a redesign to fit the new material scheme that my newer toolkits have, such as the Nexus 6P.

fyuxddD.png

Eventually, the way for obtaining the versions and lists for SuperSU and TWRP will be depreciated in a few months. Download this one and you should be set for life! :)

As usual, I will be listening to bug fixes and fixing them. :)

Mentions:
    @malkus

Happy flashing!
    Squabbi.
    Small Server Side Update | SuperSU v2.76 Stable

Hey guys!

I've added the latest stable release of SuperSU (v2.76).

Happy flashing!
    Changelogs

Changelog (Latest to Oldest):

Latest changelogs in the first post! :)

Version 1.3.1
    - Fixes issue for missing files.
    - Fixes issue for version not showing properly.

Version 1.0.1
    - Fixed Recovery Downloads

Version 1.0.0.0:
    - Initial Release