[TOOL][23/JUN/2012] Root ToolKit V8.0 [SBK1 & SBK2] unbrick;root;backup;CWM (Win)

Search This thread

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
With this tool you can unbrick, root, unroot, install CWM recovery, backup, restore from backup or from Asus ROM. It works for all TF101 NOT FOR TF101G or SLIDER.

This is only possible because Rayman and his team have released a new tool for using nvflash on the SBK rev. 2 pads. This is an update version of my root toolkit (old version available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15974068&postcount=1), with all previous functionalities.

This is still in development, so use it at your won risk. It should work fine because it is not so different from last version (many commands are the same).

Hope it can help you. Please give your feedback

roottoolkit.jpg

Change log:
- V8 beta 1:
- first release;
- ported most functionalities​
- V8 beta 2:
- Added install touch recovery
- Added restore from ASUS full ROM​
- V8 beta 3:
- Re-check if user selected correct SBK
- Other minor changes
- Changed SU and SuperUser.apk install script​
- V8 final:
- code cleanup​

After installing CWM recovery through "Backup and Recovery", please update the recovery to a newer version. This is due to the installed recovery is a fail-safe version that modifies your current SOS partition. Other methods that replace the SOS partition can fail. Upgrading trough CWM afterwards is safe. You can use one of these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1213723 to upgrade

download: ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit v8.0

mirrors:
Transformer Root ToolKit v8.0

Last edited:

hapahopi

Sep 14, 2009
Somewhereville
Will this work as well for sbkv1 devices?

Edit: Dld this and saw there's a pad version tab to select if you have sbkv1 or sbkv2.

Great!
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

jtc42

Jan 2, 2007
Bath
Works perfectly so far. Not tried restoring a backup yet but everything else seems to work fine :)

trtk

Dec 17, 2010
Pécs
restart

When i backup it and install recovery i only can restart the pad from cmd manually. Can you put a restart button to the program?

L

LastStandingDroid

Hi all.
Rayman and his team have released a new tool for using nvflash on the SBK rev. 2 pads, so I've started to update my root toolkit (old version available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15974068&postcount=1)

This is still in development, so use it at your won risk. It should work fine because it is not so different from last version (many commands are the same).

roottoolkit.jpg

Change log:
- V8 beta 1:
- first release;
- ported most functionalities
- V8 beta 2:
- Added restore from ASUS full ROM

How wonderful ^_^Great Release Thank you

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
This will not work on the padfone, I don't think it has it's own forum yet.

If the sbk for the tf101G ever gets released or cracked yes, but for now Nvflash is Tf101 only. You can use other rooting methods in the general forum (mine or the other) to root your G without nvflash.

tbonestl

Jul 29, 2010
I'm a noob. I have the newest .24 update for the tf101. Can i use this to root or do i need to go back to an older version?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Petarsson

Oct 22, 2010
is there any difference in the tool for sbk1-users? so, if i have the root toolkit v7.1, is there any need, that i download v8, if i have a sbk1-device?

brk

May 13, 2008
Portugal
is there any difference in the tool for sbk1-users? so, if i have the root toolkit v7.1, is there any need, that i download v8, if i have a sbk1-device?

the only significant changes for sbk1 v1 are the touch recovery install and the restore from asus full rom, the rest is the same, but using the new binaries.

Reactions: Petarsson

Petarsson

Oct 22, 2010
another noob-question: great, that you have added the possibility to flash a complete stock rom! but where do i get the needed file? on asus' downloadsection i do only get update files, or are these full roms, with which i can get my tablet back to stock completely via your newly added function?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With this tool you can unbrick, root, unroot, install CWM recovery, backup, restore from backup or from Asus ROM. It works for all TF101 NOT FOR TF101G or SLIDER.

This is only possible because Rayman and his team have released a new tool for using nvflash on the SBK rev. 2 pads. This is an update version of my root toolkit (old version available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15974068&postcount=1), with all previous functionalities.

roottoolkit.jpg

Change log:
    - V8 beta 1:
    - first release;
    - ported most functionalities​
    - V8 beta 2:
    - Added restore from ASUS full ROM​
    - V8 beta 3:
    - Re-check if user selected correct SBK
    - Other minor changes
    - Changed SU and SuperUser.apk install script​
    - V8 final:
    - code cleanup​

After installing CWM recovery through "Backup and Recovery", please update the recovery to a newer version. This is due to the installed recovery is a fail-safe version that modifies your current SOS partition. Other methods that replace the SOS partition can fail. Upgrading trough CWM afterwards is safe. You can use one of these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1213723 to upgrade

download: ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit v8.0

mirrors:
    Transformer Root ToolKit v8.0
    The link doesnt work from Hungary.
    Can you do a mirror please!

Mirrors UP!

the only significant changes for sbk1 v1 are the touch recovery install and the restore from asus full rom, the rest is the same, but using the new binaries.
    another noob-question: great, that you have added the possibility to flash a complete stock rom! but where do i get the needed file? on asus' downloadsection i do only get update files, or are these full roms, with which i can get my tablet back to stock completely via your newly added function?

The zip file that you can download from asus is the full rom. This toolkit will uncompress and prepare the files for flashing to the device. Is as simple as that.
    Don't forget to download the right file for you sku (WW or US or TW or BE or etc.).
    Hi all

V8 beta 3 is up. I'm trying to fix everything but I need you feedback, specially with SBK v2+ devices (I own a B60-SBK1)

Hi Brk!

I have an idea for a function in your program.
    I'd like to backup and restore all partition, include data, cache etc.
    I know it takes long time but sometimes i need it.

I hope you can do it.

Thanks

The backup script does all that. It backups Boot, SOS and System partition, maybe not Data (I'll have to recheck that). I've also to change the info because making a backup of the System partition doesn't take that long (only a few minutes).

@ brk
    Dude when I try to install su, it does everything but after reboot i dont see any trace of superuser/
    Can you explain why i get this problem?

I've rewrote the root install script (SU and SuperUser.apk) install. It worked in the old V7, only change made up to V8 beta2 was the SU binary and SuperUser.apk version (updated to latest version). I think it is fixed, please give me you feedback.