[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)

Search This thread

Yashnair25

Dec 29, 2017
So here's the complete story, my phone is rooted since i wanted to use some PUBG hacks, and while gaming it just got into reboot then went to crash dump mode.

I followed the steps given in the thread and it MSM tool shows that flashing was successful but then again it starts to flash again and again and the cycle goes on but my OP6t doesn't boot up.
Anyone faced this scenario before?

mohammadhelmy

Jul 17, 2012
My observations from my journey (Fastboot only, Bootloader Locked):
1) made sure my Windows computer was in test mode (powershell... bcdedit... find the instructions on how to do this). SUCCESS!
2) Phone kept going into Fastboot mode whenever plugged in -> found a thread that mentioned forcing it off by holding Power + BOTH Volume buttons (10 seconds). SUCCESS!
3) got Qualcomm drivers to recognize phone when plugged into PC = allowed my device to be seen from MSM tool (along the way, downloaded and used both OP drivers in 1st post - maybe it helped, maybe not). SUCCESS!
3) In the MSM tool, I would get the "sahara communication failed". Unplug phone and plug in, MSM starts again, but gets another "sahara" message. Repeat dozens of times, to no avail. FAIL!
4) Was using the OOS 9.0.13 file and MSM tool, but read a thread that suggested using an older set, so I switched to using the OOS 9.0.5 file and MSM tool. Get another "sahara" message FAIL!
5) Followed some suggestions to hold volume up and power button (not sure why). Phone goes into Fastboot mode, and the phone would only register as Android Bootloader Interface when Fastboot was on. Could not upload any other driver for it to work. FAIL!

So: The phone is in Fastboot mode, is still plugged into the computer; the MSM tool from the 9.0.5 tool is still open, still set on "Sahara" error message from before; I have loaded both Qualcomm drivers the OP has listed in post #1, yet the phone still reads as "Android Bootloader Interface" and not Qualcomm when in Fastboot mode. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

6) Turned off phone by holding down Power + BOTH Volume buttons (because anything else forces the phone back into Fastboot mode because it is plugged in!) and suddenly the MSM tool starts downloading the appropriate files to fix my phone. SWEET SUCCESS!!!!!!

This post is mainly to help myself in the future should another brick happen, but to help others as well learn from my mistakes. I read a lot of posts and started inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal of full stock restoration - thank you to all at the XDA community and Youtube as well. But this post is also to illustrate that not everyone's situation is the same, and it can be incredibly frustrating when your situation does not fit the bill.

Thanks to everyone, and good luck with yours!
YES YES YES !!! I did it... I had the same issue and solved it thanks to you <3

publich

Dec 12, 2020
I am a noob trying to unlock the bootloader of the oneplus 6T (renewed Tmobile) I have just bought from Amazon. After got the unlock tocken(.bin) file from Oneplus support, I did the command:

./fastboot flash cust-unlock ../unlock_code.bin
Sending 'cust-unlock' (0 KB) OKAY [ 0.005s]
Writing 'cust-unlock' ^C

^C^C^C^C^C^C

So the fastboot program is hung when writing to the bootloader flash flash I guess. After powering down the phone, I can't power it up anymore.

Can someone please shoot me a procedure to recover from this ... really appreciate your help for a new member on this!!!

---------

update:

As a courtesy, I am hrer to update with a resolved status so that others can be aware of:
1) Google online for a more intuitive introduction and step by step guide on how to use MSM tool to update bootloader(s). There are multiple stages of bootloading and each has one bootloader.
2) It is not hard to get the MSM tool to see the device connected. But it is common that the tool can't update the device bootloaders/images, with the error "Sahah protocol ... " type of message. THe reason I guess is the following.
3) It is very hard to be sure if your device is in EDL mode just right for the MSM tool to talk to. I don't know what stage the device has to be in for the MSM to work correctly. It is very hard to even know what stage the device is in. SO VERY SADLY, it is a try and error and retry game. Many suggested things to try but I found the most useful one is the volume up and down button pressed together and then with power button, ALL THREE pressed for some seconds after the device is powered down. But you don't even know how long it takes to power down the device .... etc. So try the all three button procedure as many as you, with luck you will be able to see that the MSM tool will start to update.
4) I am brandnew noob in the android world. There are so much to learn about this giant world of android-ing. There are so many terms (technical/no-tech), versions of kernel/OS/Apps/Framework/devices/vendors/ROMs/etc. Instructions online are very helpful, but some of them are obsolete (be careful). Some of them are not detailed enough and some of them are just an experience of one try and some of them ..... it is not as straight forward as you imagined (as always in the software/hardware world).
5) I still am not sure what caused the failure of my first try to unlock the 6T. I guess it is due to the fact that I did it on Linux and it hasn't got an update driver. Eventually I did the unlock on Windows 10.

Some other useful links:
forums.oneplus.com

[Ultimate-Guide] ★ OnePlus 6T OOS-10 TWRP-Root-Magisk from OOS-9
~This thread is my XDA forum mirror+edits for OnePlus forum ~ INTRO: After long research and applying various technics I've successfully discovered...
[IMG alt="forums.oneplus.com"]https://forums.oneplus.com/favicon.ico forums.oneplus.com
[OP6T][LATEST 10.3.7] Collection of unbrick tools
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been...
xdaforums.com
xdaforums.com

Last edited:

spyla

Mar 31, 2010
I am trying to get back to t-mobile rom from international rom. when I connect the device, it shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4) when I run the MSMDownloadtool , it just sits
MSM1.JPG
waiting for the device. If I disconnect from the computer I cannot power it on. It shows up in the device manager now without pressing both the volume buttons. what's wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

spyla

Mar 31, 2010
I am trying to get back to t-mobile rom from international rom. when I connect the device, it shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4) when I run the MSMDownloadtool , it just sits View attachment 5155645waiting for the device. If I disconnect from the computer I cannot power it on. It shows up in the device manager now without pressing both the volume buttons. what's wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Happy to inform you that I was able to finish the conversion. I had to hold both volume buttons and power button for more than 10 seconds. It powered up. I shut it down and tried it again, this time it worked fine.

PeaNug

Jan 20, 2021

Any Ideas why the program would give me an error of "param preload" "Device not match image". I checked the drivers and they are correct. I am a op6t on android 10 10.3.5. I also run the program as administrator.

Any help would be appreciated. I purchased this phone to try e.foundation and I didn't realize it was the T-mobile version when I purchased it.

I am on windows 10 also.

Last edited:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Any Ideas why the program would give me an error of "param preload" "Device not match image". I checked the drivers and they are correct. I am a op6t on android 10 10.3.5. I also run the program as administrator.

Any help would be appreciated. I purchased this phone to try e.foundation and I didn't realize it was the T-mobile version when I purchased it.

I am on windows 10 also.

What does device manager recognize your device as?? Be sure youre clicking on and running the patched tool if you are converting. This thread has all the info needed and the new search on xda is imo MUCH better than the old one was.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

PeaNug

Jan 20, 2021
What does device manager recognize your device as?? Be sure youre clicking on and running the patched tool if you are converting. This thread has all the info needed and the new search on xda is imo MUCH better than the old one was.
The driver says QUALCOMM ..... On that download I did not find anything saying patch tool. I did get the program to work but unfortunately it did not switch me from t-mobile to int version. I am assuming it was just a unbrick program.

To get it to work I updated the phone from 10.3.5 to 10.3.7 and got fajitat_34_O.01_201124.ops to work.
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297704

Is there a patch / int version of this?

I have not been able to find any other files that would work for what I am trying to go.

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
The driver says QUALCOMM ..... On that download I did not find anything saying patch tool. I did get the program to work but unfortunately it did not switch me from t-mobile to int version. I am assuming it was just a unbrick program.

To get it to work I updated the phone from 10.3.5 to 10.3.7 and got fajitat_34_O.01_201124.ops to work.
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297704

Is there a patch / int version of this?

I have not been able to find any other files that would work for what I am trying to go.

Patched tool to convert tmobile to international/global 6t is here: https://xdaforums.com/t/t-mobile-6t...thout-unlocked-bootloader-sim-unlock.3888307/

I copied this link from the op here, first link in op.

djchubbrock

Mar 3, 2021
Does anyone have another download link for: 6T_MsmDownloadTool_v4.0.58_OOS_v9.0.11.rar? I am having issues with the androidfilehost mirror and unable to complete the download. Thank you.

doujinsinner

Feb 5, 2010
Holy cow!!
I follow number 6.) of this guy and Msmdownloadtool start to flash ROM.
Thank you so much.

1) made sure my Windows computer was in test mode (powershell... bcdedit... find the instructions on how to do this). SUCCESS!
2) Phone kept going into Fastboot mode whenever plugged in -> found a thread that mentioned forcing it off by holding Power + BOTH Volume buttons (10 seconds). SUCCESS!
3) got Qualcomm drivers to recognize phone when plugged into PC = allowed my device to be seen from MSM tool (along the way, downloaded and used both OP drivers in 1st post - maybe it helped, maybe not). SUCCESS!
3) In the MSM tool, I would get the "sahara communication failed". Unplug phone and plug in, MSM starts again, but gets another "sahara" message. Repeat dozens of times, to no avail. FAIL!
4) Was using the OOS 9.0.13 file and MSM tool, but read a thread that suggested using an older set, so I switched to using the OOS 9.0.5 file and MSM tool. Get another "sahara" message FAIL!
5) Followed some suggestions to hold volume up and power button (not sure why). Phone goes into Fastboot mode, and the phone would only register as Android Bootloader Interface when Fastboot was on. Could not upload any other driver for it to work. FAIL!

So: The phone is in Fastboot mode, is still plugged into the computer; the MSM tool from the 9.0.5 tool is still open, still set on "Sahara" error message from before; I have loaded both Qualcomm drivers the OP has listed in post #1, yet the phone still reads as "Android Bootloader Interface" and not Qualcomm when in Fastboot mode. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

6) Turned off phone by holding down Power + BOTH Volume buttons (because anything else forces the phone back into Fastboot mode because it is plugged in!) and suddenly the MSM tool starts downloading the appropriate files to fix my phone. SWEET SUCCESS!!!!!!

This post is mainly to help myself in the future should another brick happen, but to help others as well learn from my mistakes. I read a lot of posts and started inching closer and closer to my ultimate goal of full stock restoration - thank you to all at the XDA community and Youtube as well. But this post is also to illustrate that not everyone's situation is the same, and it can be incredibly frustrating when your situation does not fit the bill.

themetman

Oct 1, 2017

Well, with tears nearly running down my face I came across this thread and this MAGIC POST!
In particular item 6) which WORKED!!. I had a phone which would not boot, only go between Fastboot and Nothing, not even Recovery. I am a Linux user, and have used LineageOS for many years; even adb would not talk to the flipping phone.
I managed to find a Windoze computer and item 6) "the last resort" worked.
I am VERY Grateful.
Cheers to all in the same boat.

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

dubudu

May 20, 2021
Hi all,
trying to recover my op6t a6013 dual sim, tried several different msmdownload tool versions. I get stuck at 4seconds with 'Recording download time' or other times 'Images do not match with the phone!.' Tried disabling digital signature verification and reinstalled qualcomm driver. Does anyone know if am I missing something obvious?
Cheers

风兮雨殇

Jun 5, 2021
谁能告诉我在刷入以上版本进行sim卡解锁后,是否还能更新来官方的最新系统
Who can tell me if I can update the official latest system after swiping the above version to unlock SIM card

3MrBojangles3

Apr 30, 2021
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
Op8 Unlock Bootloader Flash International - theory

I think what he meant was, is there a patched flasher tool MsmDownloadTool V4.0_patched.exe like on this device that ignores your T-mobile sim-unlock and bootloader unlock status made yet for the Op8 from T-mobile. To be used with flashing the international edition (which just allows fastboot oem unlock with no codes). The current version of MsmDownloadTool.exe V4.0 is 5.1.32.0 and the factory version won't work on TMO.
yes that is what he meant. I want that too. Cant find a way to unlock my bootloader as ive only had my 8t for a week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool can be used to revive a bricked OP6T and remove the 'Device is corrupt' error message on boot.

Contains the latest MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 and OOS v9.0.13 which is compatible with International and McLaren editions.

OOS v9.0.11 can also be used to convert a T-Mobile model into a fully fledged International model, more info here.

1. Make sure that your phone is switched off.
    2. Open device manager on your Windows PC.
    3. Press and hold the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons then connect to your PC using your data cable.
    4. Once the device is connected to your Windows PC, check if the phone is being recognized (Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm).
    5. If showing as Other > QUSB_BULK either wait for Windows to install the Qualcomm driver or download one of the drivers below and install.
    6. Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0 and click Start.
    NOTE: This will completely wipe your device and relock your bootloader.

Downloads
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.59 (OOS v9.0.13)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.12)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.6)
    6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.5)
    Driver
    Alternative driver

Shameless plugs - OP referral link for any peops that would like $20/£20/€20 discount: OnePlus or PayPal donation link: PayPal.

TMO

I did a dump of every partition, except data, the second I unlocked my bootloader.

Well, it isn't RSA signing that is bricking the TMO version -- the certs are identical. What is interesting is this:

Code:
    1423:d=5  hl=2 l=   3 prim: OBJECT            :organizationalUnitName
    1428:d=5  hl=2 l=  42 prim: PRINTABLESTRING   :General Use Test Key (for testing 13 only)

The question is, is that the Google test cert? If so, you guys lucked out and can sign your own firmware.

Sorry I can't explain the bricks, but it is most definitely not due to different RSA signatures.

-- Brian
    U mean not to flash otas and critical?? Full rom imgs have proven to work..my only concern is if critical is updated by OnePlus in the future and they make it mandatory to have a certain version of critical in order to boot new firmware. In which case then tmo users are stuck till tmo itself issues updates.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If by critical you mean, the bootloader, modem firmware, trust zone, etc.... yes, those are the ones that are RSA signed.

If someone wants to dump xbl_a from both the TMO and international versions, I will be glad to double check .. maybe TMO had a change of heart with the OP6t.

FYI - I don't own the phone, just trying to help people keep from bricking their devices.

-- Brian
    @Dark Nightmare & @hartleyshc I've got TWRP now decrypting correctly. Anyone wanna brave the waters and test?

Edit: False alarm. Gimme a little bit to figure something out!