• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TOOL] Acer OTA Check v1.0.2

Search This thread

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
Hey there,

Since getting OTA update is a pain on Acer devices, i build a small tool to check is there's existing update for your current device/system version.

210551ota1.png

417939ota2.png

Extract all files on the same folder. (adb folder, .exe and .dll)

Two ways for using it :

1. You have a computer and your device with you -> Connect the device to your computer, launch the application and then clic "Read it" button. Once device and current version version is detected, use the "Check for update" button

2. You don't have your device, but you have the pandora.id (not the build number). Don't worry, you can select device and current version manually.
Exemple of pandora ID : Acer_AV044_E330_RV08RC02_EMEA_CUS2

You can build the current version yourself like this :

Acer_AV044_E330_RV08RC02_EMEA_CUS2 become 044.208.05_EMEA_CUS2

Same as 1., once you selected your device and fill your current system version, prss "Check for update".

If an update is available, you will be redirect to the download page/link.

Required .NET Framework 3.5 !

Update :

Version 1.0.2 :
-Devices are now read from file
-Added Liquid E2

Version 1.0.1 :
-Added new devices
-Bug fixes

Version 1.0 :
-Better automatic version detection
-Select automatically locale language
-Small bug fixes

Attachments

• OTA_Check.zip
    563.4 KB · Views: 3,112
  • OTA_Check_1.0.zip
    564.3 KB · Views: 1,198
  • OTA_Check_1.0.1.zip
    566.3 KB · Views: 897
  • OTA_Check_1.0.2.zip
    564.7 KB · Views: 6,869
Last edited:

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Hey there,

Since getting OTA update is a pain on Acer devices, i build a small tool to check is there's existing update for your current device/system version.

210551ota1.png

417939ota2.png

Two ways for using it :

1. You have a computer and your device with you -> Connect the device to your computer, launch the application and then clic "Read it" button. Once device and current version version is detected, use the "Check for update" button

2. You don't have your device, but you have the pandora.id (not the build number). Don't worry, you can select device and current version manually.

Same as 1., once you selected your device and fill your current system version, prss "Check for update".

Looks fantastic! You're on a roll today!! :)

I had an idea for an app like this a while ago but never bothered / had time to do it. Your implementation is awesome! Sure it'll be really helpful :)

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
Hi Vache,

Nice tool :) Maybe you can add some extra's:

* Add device "Acer V370 / Liquid E2"
* Option to configure devices in an XML/txt file (so we can collaborate and add the devices ourselves without you having to recompile the app)
* Add a "low version" of a device manually so you can find the latest version (like "0.000.00_EMEA_GEN1" for Smart, etc.)

Regards,

Nika.

nixgegendenise

Mar 24, 2007
Hi!
The OTA Updater works with my Acer Liquid E2 Duo, but the downloaded ZIP file (Acer_V370_AV061.RV07RC17_AV061.RV07RC18_WW_GEN1_1369363850645_44099712.zip) is corrupt oder not an ordinary ZIP file. What can I do to obtain a regular one?
Thanks!

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
I've tried looking for an update on V370, but when using "0.000.00_WW_GEN1" it does not return any downloads. What version do you have, so what do you have in your "Current System Version" when reading it?

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
I've tried looking for an update on V370, but when using "0.000.00_WW_GEN1" it does not return any downloads. What version do you have, so what do you have in your "Current System Version" when reading it?

Got it. 061.207.17_WW_GEN1 gets the RC18 file. Both seem to be malformed but FOTA works fine on the device. When looking at what FOTA downloaded, it's exactly the same as the OTA checker download, so I guess Acer does something to the package to extract it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there,

210551ota1.png

417939ota2.png

Two ways for using it :

Update :

Version 1.0.2 :
    -Devices are now read from file
    -Added Liquid E2

Version 1.0.1 :
    -Added new devices
    -Bug fixes

Version 1.0 :
    -Better automatic version detection
    -Select automatically locale language
    -Small bug fixes
    Hey there,

210551ota1.png

417939ota2.png

Two ways for using it :

Looks fantastic! You're on a roll today!! :)

I had an idea for an app like this a while ago but never bothered / had time to do it. Your implementation is awesome! Sure it'll be really helpful :)
    Done in version 1.0.2.