[TOOL] ADB AppControl v1.6.1 📱 App manager & debloat tool for android

r14v8

Oct 13, 2016
Thank you for constantly developing the program, I'm really looking forward to future updates! :)

I like the new design very much too and in general the simplicity and efficiency of the program!

I also enjoy translating it into German, hopefully some other languages will be available in the future.
Just contact Cyber.Cat if your language is missing and you would like to change something about it, Cyber.Cat will make translating very easy for you!

• Love
Reactions: Cyber.Cat

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
appcontrol.neocities.org
Update 1.6.0 is available for download!
First, I want to say a big thanks to everyone who supports the project. This is incredibly inspiring!
scr1.jpg scr2.jpg scr3.jpg ext1.jpg

As you can see, I've refreshed the ADB AppControl a bit. Hope you enjoy the new UI theme in fresh winter colors. But what you will definitely like is the optimization. There's a lot of it in this update. Updating data via bridge is now 30% faster! The program has also become more responsive and starts faster. For developers, tester and just enthusiasts, the work with logcat and shell has been improved, as well as the ability to work with adb already installed in the system has been added. And not only!

Update 1.6.0 Brief YouTube Video

• Optimization and bug fixes
  • Refreshed user interface
  • Improved data update via ACBridge (up to 30% faster)
  • Added support for system adb (in Extended version)
  • Added new experimental ADB key protection feature (in Extended version)
  • Added Install APK button
  • Logcat and shell open in a separate window and do not block the program
  • Added more tooltips on buttons
  • Show IP when you enable network debugging(and added to the history)
  • Controlling the list of applications from the keyboard (arrows, space, menu)
Not bad, right? ;)

I also want to talk about security, because one of the new ADB AppControl feature is related to it. This is an experimental function of Adb Key Protection.
When you connect your smartphone to a PC for debugging, you need to give permission to debug (a prompt appears on the smartphone screen). For this permission to work only for this PC, and not for any other, the key is used. It's just a sequence of random characters that is stored on the PC in the C:\Users\Name\.android folder as a text file and is generated automatically the first time adb is launched on that computer. If, when granting permission on a smartphone, you select the "Always allow debugging from this device" option, the smartphone will remember this key and will no longer ask for confirmation when connecting to adb on this computer.
Few people think about this, but the problem is that if you transfer this key file to another computer, you can connect to the same smartphone without confirmation. This method allows you to get almost complete access even to a device protected by a password and biometrics, with all the ensuing consequences. This is all relevant, of course, if the "Always allow" option is enabled.

The ADB AppControl function encrypts the adb key and thus closes this dangerous vulnerability. By enabling it, you can safely remember the debugging permission for an unlimited number of your android devices and do not worry that someone else will be able to access them. In the near future, I plan to describe the work of protection in more detail.

I hope you get the general idea.
But this is an experimental feature. And this means that it may be removed in the next updates. Its further fate depends on your feedback. I understand that it is not for everyone, and for the majority it will definitely not be useful. If you think otherwise, write your opinion in the comments.
You can download the new version here, from the official website, or update from the program.

DOWNLOAD

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Update 1.6.0 is available for download!
First, I want to say a big thanks to everyone who supports the project. This is incredibly inspiring!

As you can see, I've refreshed the ADB AppControl a bit. Hope you enjoy the new UI theme in fresh winter colors. But what you will definitely like is the optimization. There's a lot of it in this update. Updating data via bridge is now 30% faster! The program has also become more responsive and starts faster. For developers, tester and just enthusiasts, the work with logcat and shell has been improved, as well as the ability to work with adb already installed in the system has been added. And not only!

Update 1.6.0 Brief YouTube Video

• Optimization and bug fixes
  • Refreshed user interface
  • Improved data update via ACBridge (up to 30% faster)
  • Added support for system adb (in Extended version)
  • Added new experimental ADB key protection feature (in Extended version)
  • Added Install APK button
  • Logcat and shell open in a separate window and do not block the program
  • Added more tooltips on buttons
  • Show IP when you enable network debugging(and added to the history)
  • Controlling the list of applications from the keyboard (arrows, space, menu)
Not bad, right? ;)

I also want to talk about security, because one of the new ADB AppControl feature is related to it. This is an experimental function of Adb Key Protection.
When you connect your smartphone to a PC for debugging, you need to give permission to debug (a prompt appears on the smartphone screen). For this permission to work only for this PC, and not for any other, the key is used. It's just a sequence of random characters that is stored on the PC in the C:\Users\Name\.android folder as a text file and is generated automatically the first time adb is launched on that computer. If, when granting permission on a smartphone, you select the "Always allow debugging from this device" option, the smartphone will remember this key and will no longer ask for confirmation when connecting to adb on this computer.
Few people think about this, but the problem is that if you transfer this key file to another computer, you can connect to the same smartphone without confirmation. This method allows you to get almost complete access even to a device protected by a password and biometrics, with all the ensuing consequences. This is all relevant, of course, if the "Always allow" option is enabled.

The ADB AppControl function encrypts the adb key and thus closes this dangerous vulnerability. By enabling it, you can safely remember the debugging permission for an unlimited number of your android devices and do not worry that someone else will be able to access them. In the near future, I plan to describe the work of protection in more detail.

I hope you get the general idea.
But this is an experimental feature. And this means that it may be removed in the next updates. Its further fate depends on your feedback. I understand that it is not for everyone, and for the majority it will definitely not be useful. If you think otherwise, write your opinion in the comments.
You can download the new version here, from the official website, or update from the program.

DOWNLOAD
Thank you for an amazing programme!

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
Despite not fully understanding how to use the Basic/Safe settings, I paid the $7 to support development.

One item that is not clear is the list of 18 to 20 apps that display using the Basic selection but I can not see visually what happens when I click on any of them, just a counter that changes, ie. 17, 16, 15 etc

There is no checkbox and if there is some color change to tell me what I have clicked, it is imperceptible

Using 1.6.0 Extended edition -- images below and unlike the Youtube video showing checkboxes next to each icon, I do not have any checkbox showing.

a2.jpg

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
Small bug found (perhaps?) ?

Also, the word "receive" is not spelled correctly (..recieve..) in this error message.

The following comes up in Debloat > Safe (the other 3 modes do not show this error)

a1.jpg

ed-gonzo

Jul 29, 2018
@xdafly
I think it's well thought out that you can only mark and unmark it. You don't need these boxes! You also have the option of deselecting everything due with the "Cancel" button.

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
ed-gonzo said:
I think it's well thought out that you can only mark and unmark it. You don't need these boxes! You also have the option of deselecting everything due with the "Cancel" button.
Allow me to add the small detail that I am visually impaired. That embarrassing detail out of the way, allow me to also add that I asked family members with precise visual aquity to look at the list of 20 or so items after I clicked the OK box telling me how many were located.

Now, in order to select and deselect, the click action gives no visual feedback or list shrinkage just because an item is clicked or clicked again. No colors are visible, no overstrike, no checkbox, nothing that tells me as I scroll the list up and down --- ie. Which ones of the 20 items have I already clicked ?

dctrbnsttr

Jan 5, 2008
Since the 1.6 update, all I see listed are the package names not the application name. Makes searching for a particular app that much more difficult......